Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com - View Single Post - Oil Pickup? Air/Oil Separator? ETC.
View Single Post
Old 03-11-17, 02:44 PM  
Cake Eater
Master Contributor Level 1

Car: 15 STI
Fav Mod: My GFB BOV
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Cake Eater has a spectacular aura aboutCake Eater has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Oil Pickup? Air/Oil Separator? ETC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerlieberman View Post
Ah, I didn't see that the vehicle was RHD. I'm sure it can still be done, but I understand if that isn't an option.

I didn't know KB was working on an AOS either. That'll be interesting to see, as they make really good stuff.
Mine is RHD, plus also as I live in Australia in a more temperate climate there is no need for a heated AOS, and fitment of the othere brands are a issue, I could have found a spot for a heated one where the can is currently but as the heating requirements are not needed that would be just more routing of coolant lines, and potential failure points that are not needed.

I am of the opinion, that now with a longer routing of the breather line from the crankcase to the AOS it helps strip the oil, the line from the crankcase where it is plumbed into the intake tract stock is about 200mm, now it is 900mm

The only reason for the can was for initial insurance, as no oil is getting past the Grimmspeed the baffled can is redundant, plus it was cheap, I am undecided on whether to remove it or not, it is reassuring to look at it and see it bone dry though.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0