Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com - View Single Post - GR Sedan: 2012 STi, "Natasha" - New Tow rig
View Single Post
Old 08-19-16, 09:05 AM  
Leemanfor
Developing Advanced Mastery

Fav Mod: EFR 7163 Turbo
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Leemanfor has a spectacular aura aboutLeemanfor has a spectacular aura aboutLeemanfor has a spectacular aura about
Default 2012 STi, "Natasha" - New Tow rig

The day I brought her home. February 6th, 2015.

Parts List:

Engine
Manley Platinum Forged Pistons 99.5
Eagle Forged H-beam rods
OEM 2012 STi nitrided crank
ARP 2000 Headstuds
King Rod Bearings
King Main bearings
Killer-B oil pickup
Killer-B baffled oil pan

Performance: Updated 8/26/19
Borg Warner EBCS
BNM Performance Fab Rotated Turbo kit
Borg Warner EFR 7163 EWG V-band housing
ID1300 Injectors
IAG billet black TGV deletes
Magnaflow Catback
ETS Rotated Turbo FMIC
Forge BPV with yellow spring and 1 shim
Exedy Stage 1 HD Organic Clutch
IAG AOS
Tial 44mm EWG Silver
Radium Fuel Pressure Regulator
Walbro 450 Fuel Pump
Radium Surge tank
KStech 73mm Intake

Exterior
Enkei TS-10 18x8.5 +53 in Gold
BFGoodrich Sport Comp 2 245/45/R18

Interior:
AEM X-line Wideband
Tanabe VLS Oil pressure
Cobb V3 Accessport
SMY Dual gauge Pod

Suspension
Group N STi Pitch Stop
Group N STi Engine Mounts
Group N STi Transmission Mounts

I am a DevOps Engineer for a Semi-conductor company in Longmont, CO. Back in 2004 when I was 17 I seen my first STI and heard that famous Subie rumble. I vowed that one day I would own one of those cars. That day finally came on February 6th 2015. I purchased a 2012 STi in Satin White Pearl with 39k miles on it for $28,000 from a Chevrolet Dealership.

I always liked the GR Sedan's and always wanted a white one. The car was Stock minus an SPT catback, RallyArmor Mudflaps and Motegi MR-118 17in wheels wrapped in Michelin Alpin winter tires.

I enjoyed the car for about 4 months stock, and then the mod bug started to itch. I went "stage 1" with a Grimmspeed CAI and OS Tune from Torqued Performance.

Then in July 2015 I purchased a CNT Catless downpipe, Grimmspeed EBCS and an V3 Cobb Accessport and went "Stage 2".

In October of 2015 I noticed I was having some issues with the car. It was bogging down a bit on power and my Accessport was not happy.

I decided to do a compression test towards the end of November...

At first I was disappointed and my wife wanted me to take it into Subaru and have them replace the short block. I didn't like that idea, because I modded it and it wasn't Subaru's fault the motor failed. So I decided to build the motor myself, because I had always wanted to do so.

I was originally going to re-use my OEM case halves, getting them honed and then using Manley drop in pistons. However, a piston install error changed that quickly.

Somehow the ring popped out and gouged the cylinder walls. So I went and bought new Case halves and got the shortblock assembled.

After it was all said and done. I really should have just purchased a shortblock from IAG. My wife was complaining to me about how much it cost, so I tried to do the "cheaper" route to appease her and in the end, I spent the same amount of money on it. Too late for that now. At least I can say I built it myself.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12592280_10101395495582882_4018608976396787170_n.jpg (73.9 KB, 193 views)

Last edited by Leemanfor; 08-26-19 at 08:37 AM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0