IW STi Forum banner

should I cut my cai?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  PINOYWRXSTI04 
#1 ·
is it possible if I cut my injen cai to a short ram? if I cut it how much will I cut, I had to remove it, it feels like the car is sucking to much air. :wink:

#2 ·
I cut my injen CAI into RAI, it definitely better for me, cause I put an HKS SMF filter on it instead of the one supplied! I just cut it to make sure I can fit the filter on without hitting the side wall!
It can be shorter, for eg) HKS racing intake is about 4 inch shorter, AEM RAI, is about 2-3 in shorter then mine... etc etc

but if you think sucking in too much air is your problem, you will feel the car suck in more air in RAI, becuase the distance of travel is less.

here's a picture of what I got...

Attachments

#5 ·
no, I havn't seen the scoobymod DIY CAI, can you provide a link? tried searching on scooby's, but no show!

I took off the silencer and bought an universial intake pipe (soft rubber, bendable once) to connect from the intake duct, out to fender, around the U, then point it directly at the cone! that way, when I get up to higher speed, cold air will shoot directly at my intake filter, I find it quite effective.

This way, I don't need the long CAI pipes, and still get cold air!

Also, I made a heat shield to block the hot air coming from the fan and engine and turbo!

#7 ·
schwing!!!!!

OM3GA said:
I cut my injen CAI into RAI, it definitely better for me, cause I put an HKS SMF filter on it instead of the one supplied! I just cut it to make sure I can fit the filter on without hitting the side wall!
It can be shorter, for eg) HKS racing intake is about 4 inch shorter, AEM RAI, is about 2-3 in shorter then mine... etc etc

but if you think sucking in too much air is your problem, you will feel the car suck in more air in RAI, becuase the distance of travel is less.

here's a picture of what I got...
Did you cut both end of the injen? how did you cut from the left side of the intake? you just repaint it w/ red right. can I see the pix of the heat shield that you made and the side wall of the intake thank you again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.