Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com - View Single Post - GD: BlueScooby's 06 STI - Another day, another mod ;)
View Single Post
Old 09-30-14, 09:55 AM  
BlueScooby
Premium Member

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - Tire Question...

So I'm at work with a little free time and I find myself on tirerack.com again... I'm thinking of changing up my tires for the next round.

Right now I have 245/40/17 MPSS, which are great tires, but they are pricey as well as they dont come in 255/40/17 (which I'd rather have)... They are warrantied to 30K miles which is great, but we are taking my car everywhere we go, so mileage is racking up quick. I'd hate to waste most of these amazing (and expensive) tires on the highway...

SO, it appears that the next best thing might be the Bridgestone S-04 Pole Position. My biggest hesitation is mileage though, most tires I like have at least a few reviews of very short mileages. I'd really like to get at least 20K out of any tire I buy.

I'm even considering going to an aggressive all season (i cringe at the idea). Some of the all seasons out now have pretty good levels of grip and last much longer. I hate the idea of sacrificing all my car's performance just for a tire that will last a little longer; but on the street if I can maintain 90% of my grip and get 150% the tread life, then it will probably be worth it.

What do you guys think? Anyone have experience with the S-04s? Should I look to something like the Pilot Sport A/S 3?

My main concerns at this point are basically $/mile and total grip levels...

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06
Likes 0 Dislikes 0