Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com - View Single Post - GD: BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis
View Single Post
Old 07-16-14, 08:13 AM  
BlueScooby
Silver Member

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - Recaro Pole Position Installed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
Not sure if the GD belt buckles are like the GR in that the drivers side is longer. If so I bought another passenger side buckle to get my seat in.

As far as your smoking turbo goes does it smell like burnt oil or burnt coolant. Could be a loose fitting.
I think both sides are the same length, but I'm not 100% on that. The top of the buckle is just below the curved edge of the seat, and with the seat mounted all the way inboard, it overlapped the top of the buckle just enough to make it nearly impossible to get the belt buckled. Once I moved it outwards, I got all the clearance I needed

Regarding the smoke, it didn't really smell like oil or coolant... I drove it by the local subie shop just now (they are going to squeeze me in this afternoon), and the hope is that its just a minor external leak, not an actual turbo "issue." Honestly it seems like just plain water, but that doesn't really make sense. I did hear what sounded like a drip of something hitting hot exhaust and flashing to steam though. Hopefully its something minor.

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06
Likes 0 Dislikes 0