Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com - View Single Post - GD: Baron's '05 STi journal - **Carbon bits installed**
View Single Post
Old 07-02-14, 08:59 PM  
BaronOBeefdip
Advanced Mastery Level I

Fav Mod: CE28Ns!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the roughBaronOBeefdip is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Baron's '05 STi journal!! - **back on the road!.....sort of, but with pics!**

So hello there people, this past weekend I was able to embark on one of my motorsports life goals: I went to the Pikes Peak Rally! Well what can I say? It was pretty damn awesome and I'm not sure why I waited so long to go. I guess I never really had any friends who were excited about motorsport like I am. We taped up his '11 STi the night before:

It would've completely held up great if we hadn't run into a downpour along the way.
Even then, it still caught a lot of bugs and sandy bits.

While I was too busy and exhausted to really take any pics of the rally, I did get a few of the FanFest(which I was also too distracted to get more of). Those are below. I can say that I was fortunate enough to talk to Kenji Sumino, president of GReddy USA and Tony Kwan of Evasive Motorsports about Ken Gushi's(yes I got to say hello to Ken, he was busy!!!!!) Pike's Peak/Formula D FR-S/GT-86 and got up close and personal with the car!! It was a very interesting and informative conversation to say the least. Again, I was too distracted to get any pics of his car as well.

But here are some I got:

Hawk Performance GT-R (had issues later on it's raceday run)

Dat wing doe.

SCR Performance Radical RXC - it's an N/A Ford Duratec 3.7L putting out about 390hp in a car that weighs ~1900lbs. Nuts!

D-Zug Produkte Porsche 935

Dem turbos...(crew wasn't around to talk about the car, dangit)

Rising Sun's sidecar entry

And of course Nobuhiro "Monster" Tajima's record-setting E-Runner!
Seriously, like nine Go-Pros on this thing. Helps when you're sponsored by them!

And on to my car....well, I went to my friend's house yesterday to pick up my cooler aaaand I threw a CEL code, just out of nowhere. Cruise light blinking this time too, but not limp mode. I stayed off boost of course and went straight home after, not wanting to risk it. I'm going to wait til I work with Jason to really drive it. That or get an AP or talk to some mechanic friends who can get OBDII readers.

Got a KSTech 73mm CAI as well.

I know you guys know what cleared headlights look like, but I'm gonna post a pic anyway:

Not the best quality, but I'll get another up in a future update.

Kicked my ass for the few days before going to Colorado cleaning up the car for the year and doing some minor correction(though I didn't completely need to) between juggling my life stuff and recently found out I will be getting the promotion at my job that I've worked so hard for, Systems Administrator! It will be challenging and rewarding for sure!

Ahhhh, like glass. Stay tuned!

Last edited by BaronOBeefdip; 07-02-14 at 09:05 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0