Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com - View Single Post - GD: BlueScooby's 06 STI - 03/16/19 Track Day Synopsis
View Single Post
Old 08-14-13, 05:00 PM  
BlueScooby
Silver Member

Fav Mod: Recaro Pole Position and Shifter Bushings!
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of lightBlueScooby is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: BlueScooby's 06 STI - 8/14/13 Wheel Spacers Installed!

Got my new spacers in! Originally I ordered a set of used Ichiba V2 spacer adapters, but I was not satisfied with their fit. The main issue was that the outer diameter of the spacer was about 0.25" smaller than that of the wheel mating surface, so the wheel hung over the edge of the spacer. This may have been "OK", and many people run those spacers, but it just wasn't good enough for me.

So I found wheeladapters.com and called them up and ordered a set from them. It was just a little more expensive than ordering a brand new set of Ichiba spacers, but they are worth it! These are custom machined to each customers specifications. I got a set of 1" thick spacer adapters with (what I call) the correct outer diameter. These are one solid piece of aluminum (Ichiba's were two pieces) and are hub and wheel centric.

These spacers do an amazing job of bringing my stock BBS wheels flush with the fenders, it looks great! As a side note, I am running JDM Pink springs and RCE lowernig camber plates in the front. I did not need to modify the fenders at all, but if I was much lower, I would need to.

Bluescooby's 06 STI Journal
IG: BlueScooby06

Last edited by BlueScooby; 09-05-17 at 12:50 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0