IW STi Forum banner

2010.5 STI - new wheels- post #203

GR Hatch: 
59K views 207 replies 53 participants last post by  user1029 
#1 · (Edited)
My names Jack & living in Chicago.

Picked up my WRB STI on August 26th of 2012. The car only had 13,000 miles on it. :tup:

------------------------------------------------------------------
Few mods I did so far to the STI:

Exterior:

- Taillight overlays with smoked center (smoke center removed 5/18/13)
- Yellow fog light overlays (on my '08 bumper which will be used for winter)
- JDM R205 side badges (uninstalled, back to stock 5/18/13)
- STI front delete/marquee plate
- 20% tint
- OEM Rain visors
- 11+ front bumper conversion
- CS replica side skirts
- CS replica front lip
- CS replica rear aprons
- Varis double deck CF spoiler

Suspension:

- BC BR Coilovers (sold)
- Agency Power rear lower control arms
- Perrin front sway bar
- Perrin rear sway bar
- Air Lift suspension w/ V2 management

Interior:

- GTSpec D-shaped steering wheel
- Pioneer AVH-x8500bhs head unit
- Audio Integrations sub box
- 10" JL Audio subwoofer
- Cadence ZRS Type C amplifier
- WC Lathe Werks titanium shift knob
- Alcantara wrapped cluster(replaced with SMY Cluster)
- Alcantara wrapped shift boot
- Alcantara wrapped e-brake
- Defi Boost gauge
- Defi Oil Pressure gauge

Engine:

- Cobb Accessport
- P&L titanium tip exhaust (sold)
- Invidia Q300 titanium tip exhaust
- Invidia catless downpipe
- ID1000 injectors
- DW65c fuel pump
- Cobb SF intake
- e93 tune (308whp / 338wtq)
- e85 tune (347whp / 410wtq)

Wheels/tires:

- Stock BBS w/ Blizzak WS70 winter tires (Winter setup)
- CCW LM20 - 18x10 +32 all around
- Hankook Ventus V12 tires - 255/35/18
- Project Mu B-Force brake pads (didn't like, sold)
- Stoptech street permance brake pads

------------------------------------------------------------------

Day I bought the car:

Most recent:

Attachments

See less See more
#152 ·
2010.5 STI - NEW PHOTOSHOOT on Page 13

Finally pulled the trigger on some wheels.
CCW LM20. 18x10 +32 all around.

Image Link
Awesome build so far!

I am actually getting ready to order my CCW Wheels soon and am going with the LM5T and having them do matte red/anodized red lips on them for me in similar sizes

How much camber are you currently running? and how much of a roll and pull was needed to fit them onto the car???

Rob Ferone
2013 WSP STi Hatch

#37 ·
Re: My first Subaru. 2010 STI hatch - WRB

Nice man! Those are going to look awesome.
Thanks, I hope so too. Haven't seen a WRB with LM20's, let alone in white, so I took a bit of a gamble.

Dang big ballin. I couldn't see dropping 3k on a set of wheels.
That was my initial thinking too. But I figure that wheels are the most important exterior mod (along with coilovers) that change up the look of the car. So if I can spend $1,000 on an exhaust to get 3hp .... I figured I may as well indulge on a nice set of wheels.

#36 ·

My thinking is STI/WRX are the only cars you can have blue car with gold wheels so why not gold wheels. Love the stockers but looking forward to your install. Keep up the great work. Coming along very nicely.
I just wanted something different than my stock wheels which are also gold. I've had plenty of Gold/Bronze set-ups on my cars over the days... and wanted something a little more "flashy". But thank you, it's been a tough few months since I can't really do mods in the Chicago winter. I'll have this journal be active throughout the next couple months.

#39 ·

^^^sick, I love how the blue shines brighter on days with inclement weather than sunny days.

#43 ·
Re: 2010 STI - CCW's are here! More mods coming soon.

I have been wanting to see how they would look on a subbie, I cant find many
That's what held me back from ordering these earlier, haven't seen any examples on a WRB hatch, let alone with the white face. But I figured I may as well try something new. Hopefully it'll look as good as I'm hoping.

#51 ·
Re: 2010 STI - Hella horns installed 4/28/13

More than a month waiting.... and my Cusco Rear control arms STILL aren't here. Got a call the other day saying they should be here in about 2 weeks. So til then, the CCW's remain uninstalled :p

However, picked up a set of Hella Horns from SubiMods. Took off the mesh grille / STI logo to make them more visible. I think it's a clean look.

&& here's my helper.

#54 ·

Good lawd. one thing to not have the wheels (my case) but another to have the wheels and not be able to install them. I feel your pain.
Yeah, it's been rough. I could install the coilovers/wheels already... but I'd need to do a lot more fender work than I'd have to otherwise with the LCA's. That, and I'd probably need 2 alignments which just doesn't work for me.

So hopefully I'll have new pictures up soon and they'll have my new wheels on.

#56 ·

Trying to decide if I want to add a front lip + repaint this front bumper... or if I should just go with the 11+ front end. I do like the way the new ones look, but I feel like the 08 is more rare nowadays. Every WRX/STI see on the streets have the 11+ bumper.

Also, just installed LED license plate bulbs in the rear. Will have pictures later.

#61 ·

What part of Chicagoland area are you from? I'm near O'Hare.
Southside suburbs. In Lockport.

In for the wheels!
Just got them installed the other day along with the coilovers. Will be doing a proper shoot hopefully this weekend if the weather permits. Here's a quick picture I have w/ my brothers 335.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.