IW STi Forum banner

Coolant temp sensor code

6K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  3Dglasses 
#1 ·
Hi all

I have searched here and nasioc but cant find an answer to this.

I recently did tgv delete w/tgv motors removed, installed fuel rails, and a new turbo inlet. Also did throttle body coolant line delete.

After reinstalling everything, I went into ECU flash and turned off the tgv related codes.

Then starting the car, I get a low coolant temp sensor code. I pulled the sensor and checked the plug, they look fine. Sounds electrical. Pulled the main harness, no obvious pulled wires but thats tough to see in clearly.

I burped the system, there is no more air in there. The coolant is full

Thoughts on where to go from here?

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
I was going to delete this thread but thought I would leave it here for others in case they run into this issue after an install like this.

Turns out, the purge solenoid connector and the coolant temp sensor are identical, mine were switched.

To get to the coolant temp sensor, simply unbolt the alternator adjusting screw and loosen the bolt on the drivers side, push the alternator up and you can reach the sensor.

Hope this helps peeps in the future who run into this frustrating situation.

#3 ·
Good info here.......can't see the forrest for the trees.

Why no purge code? ECU did not run the test? Or ECU not powered up long enough to run the purge diagnostics? Interesting as in manufacturing they could possibly misconnect in the same manner.

#4 ·
Im not sure why it didnt throw a code for pirge, maybe cause i didnt run any boost?

FWIW, the connector for the purge had orange markings on it to help match them up, i simply plugged the wrong one in, the wire length to both connectors was similar

#6 ·
Im not sure why it didnt throw a code for pirge, maybe cause i didnt run any boost?

FWIW, the connector for the purge had orange markings on it to help match them up, i simply plugged the wrong one in, the wire length to both connectors was similar
This is an old post but I will respond for anyone else reading it. The canister purge system on these cars is to capture fuel fumes and not allow them into the atmosphere. The test pressurizes the fuel tank and attempts to sense that pressure. If it cannot pressurize the fuel tank a code should set (laymans description). Has nothing to do with boost, mmmmmmmmmm OK?;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.