IW STi Forum banner

Nashville, TN area

156K views 3K replies 89 participants last post by  evo_s4 
#1 ·
How many wrx's do we have around the nashville area?

#2 ·
Silver 04 in Brentwood

jj

#4 ·
wasup jj, tim....i work downtown and actually don't see many subaru's running around at all since we were blessed w/ such a good subaru dealership here in nashville like jim reed(lmfao).....i hate that place they are idiots its almost impossible to get anything from there. i service my car myself at dealership i work for......you guys deal w/ jim reed much?

jason

#5 ·
jj i'd be interested in seeing how your car performs, since i've only put a full perrin tbe on my car so far.......

jason
05 sti

perrin dual tip exhaust
perrin catless dp
kartboy exhaust hanger bushings
injen cai, perrin turbo inlet tube, and tuning by SS soon to come

#6 ·
I totally hate Jim Reed...
I have been there three times and have gotten nothing but mediocre service.
I even wrote a letter to SOA about the quality I recieved. BTW for those of you that do now know. There will be a Subaru/Hummer/Nissan/Infiniti/ (something else i already forgot) dealership in Cool Springsby February! I think it will be owned by Mike Creque because he already owns the Nissan / Infiniti.

Tim

#2,263 ·
i'm in Gallatin

i have an 05 Aspen White STi

I totally hate Jim Reed...
I have been there three times and have gotten nothing but mediocre service.
I even wrote a letter to SOA about the quality I recieved. BTW for those of you that do now know. There will be a Subaru/Hummer/Nissan/Infiniti/ (something else i already forgot) dealership in Cool Springsby February! I think it will be owned by Mike Creque because he already owns the Nissan / Infiniti.

Tim
same here...i went there to see if they could turn my rotors and he says you can't turn STi rotors. uhhhhhhhh.......every brake shop i know of turns them if they have the equipment. not to mention they completely f*#%ked up two of the pinch welds when they lifted it. makes me wonder if they know what they are doing over there.

#9 ·
this is funny! lol

i was gonna get jim reed to change my oil, so i gave them a little test, the service advisor couldn't tell me what kind of oil my car took, i told him it was a 05 wrx sti, and he asked me if it was a turbo one. dude had no clue! he said, "it's the same oil we use in the chevys", what an f***ing moron. anyway, i change my own oil at my dealership and have been dealing w/ the guys at wyatt-johnson in clarksville, the have given me much better service and actually know what the car is, especially on the parts end. i'm really critical w/ them about parts b/c that is what i do. anytime i need parts there i have to take them a diagram i get faxed from Subaru of Gwinnett or from wyatt-johnson to even order anything. last week i said to hell w/ them and will never set foot in that dealership again.

jason

#10 ·
meet

if we can get a few guys from around the area together, we ought to meet up somewhere around one weekend. i def. want to find other people from around here w/ these cars to chill w/, b/c i'm still learning about them(since this is my first subaru)

jason

#11 ·
Yeah, Do you know what the service advisor's name is? Is it Ronnie Jones? If so he is the Chevy service advisor and i believe the Subaru service advisor is out on medical leave. Anyways, im looking forward to the new subaru dealership here.

As for the meet, i know 2 stage 2.5 WRX's and me and my friend have a STi. Just let me know when your ready to meet up. The guys from East TN are planning their meet soon.

Tim

#12 ·
where would that be, i might be up for a little drive if you wanted to head their way? i don't know the guys name that i dealt w/ over the phone, but usually wayne ferbee TRIES to help when i have been up there....i know they don't like me, b/c i bought the car for way under sticker, lol.....and i'm the usual picky sti owner from what they've told me.

jason

#13 ·
Yeah, Wayne is the Subaru service advisor. He is now on temporary medical leave. When i called and tried to find out why, they did not really want to tell me so i was like "ok whatever". Anyways, if you want more info about the east tn meet, search for something like "east tn roll call". You'l find it!

Tim

#15 ·
Actually, my friend with a heavily modded 02 wrx knwos one of the top guys under the Subaru division there. Me and him are gonna see if the dealership can work out some form of sponsership for us, since we have the most bad ass subies around. We could advertise for their company, while getting the service / discounts we want :) I"ll keep u updated.

Tim

#16 ·
Come check it out

05impreza said:
jj i'd be interested in seeing how your car performs, since i've only put a full perrin tbe on my car so far.......

jason
05 sti

perrin dual tip exhaust
perrin catless dp
kartboy exhaust hanger bushings
injen cai, perrin turbo inlet tube, and tuning by SS soon to come
Well you better hurry b/c I'm about to put a bigger turbo on. Going to get rid of the Cobb AP also and get an Ecutek tune. Going to keep the TBE all the same though.

jj

#20 ·
i know there are more sti's around nashville, lol.....who knows maybe there are just three.....lol! i saw a nice blue one downtown around vanderbilt campus, don't know what kind of exhaust he had, but it sounded mean.......

are you two planning on meeting up w/ the east tn crew?

jason

#21 ·
With gas as expensive as it is...I don't think I'll be going out to east TN for a meet. I'll be having my tune/install done at Topspeed. I feel they are better from what I've heard and seen first hand. Plus, SS never returned the messages I sent him. I've only seen 3 other STI's other than Tim here in BNA. There are a few Evo's around that we could try to hook up with. I love the evo and would like to check some out firsthand.

oh yea....GO VOLS!!!!!

24-27 over LSU in OT!

jj

#22 ·
i have a buddy w/ an evo tuned by vinshu, i think on race gas its like 450 whp....i can probably get him to meet up w/ us one night around here if you guys want, and i'll try to get ride the pony69, from clarksville down too....
tell me what you think

jason

#26 ·
Jason,

Yeah, it was pretty clean and easy install. It did take some time, and it didnt help that i was rushed to finish to go to work. Anyways, i love the downpipe. There is a little difference in the exhaust tone with the stock catback. It sounds deeper, and a tad louder! I love it. My accessport should be here this weekend and I will run the 93oct stage 2 map.

Tim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.