IW STi Forum banner

JJBTEXAS' 2010 swp

72K views 220 replies 37 participants last post by  JJBTEXAS 
#1 · (Edited)
Welcome to my Member Journal. Here I have logged (and will continue to log) the ups and downs of my STI ownership, where the car currently is, and where I hope it to be.

Engine:
Perrin Downpipe
X-Force Cat Back Exhaust
Crawford AOS V.2
AMR CAI
AMR TMIC Intercooler
GrimmSpeed EBCS
Cobb Tuning Flex Fuel Ethanol Sensor Kit
Cobb Tuning Flex Fuel Pressure Sensor Kit
Cobb Tuning Fuel Pressure Regulator Kit
Injector Dynamics 1050X
AEM E85 Fuel Pump
Cobb AP V3
tuned by EngineLogics

Suspension/Grip:
Stoptech SS Brake Lines
Stoptech PosiQuiet Brake Pads
EBC Ultimax Rotors
RCE/GTWork Shocks and Black Springs w/ Whiteline Com C Front Shock Mounts
Whiteline LCA
GT Works Rear Lower Control Arm
Whiteline 22mm rear adjustable sways
Whiteline 24mm front adjustable sways
Kartboy Endlinks
McGard Locking Lug Nut Kit Black 12x1.25
Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings
General G-Max RS 265/35/18
Gram Lights 57CR 18x9.5 +38 5x114 Gold
fifteen52 Formula GT 18x8.5 +45 Outlaw Gold
Enkei PF01 18x9 +45

Exterior:
tint (needs to be redone)
Blacktop Aero Rear Diffuser
Seibon Carbon Spoiler

Subaru Sports Grille SWP (Was DGM)
STI S205 Badge
Hella Sharptones with Subiemod bracket
Nokya Yellow bulbs (headlights and fogs)
Valenti Jewel Taillights (Red/Clear)

Interior:
WC Lathe Werks Ti knob
SMY Cluster
AEM UEGO Failsafe Wideband AFR/Boost Gauge
AEM X-Series Oil Pressure Gauge 0-150psi
Prova steering wheel
Prova SI-Drive Dial
IDQ 10" in custom box
Pioneer Mono Channel

Tranny
Agency Pitch Stop
Perrin short-shifter and bushings

Thanks to:
Brad at EngineLogics

Attachments

See less See more
#33 ·
Re: JJBTEXAS' 2010 SWP stage 2

ok need your help. perrin is having a sale on a front mount kit for 1300 and the cai for 185. this is roughly a combined savings of 220. my question is will i get a significant performance boost by buying the limited fmic which has a perrin bov. i don't think so but i thought i would run it by yall

Perrin Performance - Front Mount Intercooler (Stealth)

#34 ·

If I were you I would only get it if you knew where you were going next with your mods. Obviously right now it won't benefit too much but if you plan on running a larger turbo in the future and saving money on it now will help then go for it. Save money everywhere you can for the sake of saving. But I am not a power guy so i say buy suspension mods and leave the power mods alone.

#35 ·

i've actually changed my mind, i think im gonna swap out the TMIC for a AMR top mount. im not looking to upgrade the turbo and if i do it wont be anything significant (no GT35R for me). im just looking to get the most out of what i have. suspension is next on the list over engine mods but the sale popped up and i couldn't decide.

#36 ·

finally got rid of those ugly "tip finishers" and replaced them with carbon :D

im also considering switching up the wheels, either powdercoat black or get new ones. Any suggestions? i would prefer something dark aka no takata green rotas.

#44 ·

so the RCE blacks are on and i'm loving it, even if my carpool isn't haha. New Question: I've decided to get new wheels. I'm going to veto rotas because going from the BBSs to rotas seems like a downgrade. I want something dark like gunmetal or just straight up black. If you can think of any other exterior mods please chime in.

#49 · (Edited)

new lip, i like it. Also ordered some new stuff. Wallet hurts a little but ill survive.

threw on the wing and recieved even more parts today:) its like Christmas!! Pro-tune coming soon. Might be competing autox this Saturday if i can get my stuff together in time.

#52 ·

new lip, i like it. Also ordered some new stuff. Wallet hurts a little but ill survive.

threw on the wing and recieved even more parts today:) its like Christmas!! Pro-tune coming soon. Might be competing autox this Saturday if i can get my stuff together in time.

Car looks awesome. I like the front splitter! Where do you go to do autocross?

Tom

#50 ·

I reailzed today that with more and more and more money dumped into my car i appreciate it even more now than ever. It's unique and not for everybody but it makes a statement without going all out. I like it that way.

#62 · (Edited)

Yeah I talked to the guys at rallysport today and they said they could get me one for a pretty good price so I'm thinking pretty hard about it. It ends up being around the same price as getting the normal gauges excluding the price of the water temp and simplifies things. Granted it's a bit harder to read but the warning buzzer should alert if there are problems.

One new note, I scheduled the tune for saturday morning so I will be working late into the night for the next 2 days making sure all is ready to go. I picked enginelogics because they are pretty close to where I live. I can't wait :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.