IW STi Forum banner

Who's had NO problems with their STI?

62K views 313 replies 226 participants last post by  DougSTi 
#1 ·
There are soo many posts about different problems i thought it would be nice to see how many with '08-'09 STI's have had virtually NO problems with their STI's and what mileage you are currently at.

Positive post alert :tup:

#2 · (Edited)
No problems and now at 15000kms. Last 3000kms in the cold and snow. Reflash at 5000kms. Synthetic at 14000kms. Magnetic oil pan plug clean. No mods except rally armour flaps and winter wheels and tires. Burns very little oil - less than normal.

Medium (strong) breakin with a few hard runs here and there in S# but tried not to run at one rpm (up to 5500) too long. Hit redline a few times before reflash without knowing this was a bad thing to do. I'm adding this because all I read here is that my car should have blown up by now with a break in that seen boost and S#. Well it hasn't and I believe I did it right! It runs perfect though I had to reset the ECU once because of poor performance after the reflash.

#3 ·
all systems go....
2400 miles on it and mechanically the car has been great.

I went through a few weeks where I was disappointed with the overall performance/power of the car but a Perrin Stage 1 tune changed all of that and fast. the car is much much stronger with this tune and the boost really kicks hard at 3000 rpm and pulls HARD all the way through the rev range in every gear.

so, Apart from the lame stock tune we all got my 08 has been great.

-minimal whining on the cold mornings
-great feel through the transmission
-love the brakes
-interior has held up very well to the challenges my 2 year old gives it.

Even my OBP paint has held up well through the Colorado winter.

This post has been deleted
#22 ·
Well then, consider me your savior. Put your car onto the setting before ignition where you have everything except the motor running.

Then, very quickly, unplug and replug your seat belt about 20 times, and then turn the car off fast and you should be chime-less from there on out. If you want it back, just do the same process.

Now, my input:

No major problems @ ~6000 miles.

• Synthetic Royal Purple since 1300miles.
  • Recall reflash after 2 weeks of ownership.
  • Stage 1 a month-ish later.
  • Protune stage 2 @ around 3300miles -> ~6000miles.

Minor issues:

• One rock chip on the front of the hood.
  • An idiot directed me into a curb and nicked 1 rim.
  • Car refused to start today b/c of the insane cold the first attempt. 2nd try worked but it struggled, I pressed the accelerator down a bit to get it going.
  • Squeaky trunk cover. Solution=remove it b/c I don't use it.
  • Inside door material likes to get marks... from EVERYTHING including your knuckles.

#7 ·
*knocks on wood*

no issues as of yet.

over 100 runs down the 1320, stg 1 and 2, 12 autox events and 4 rallyx events, sitting at 10,500 miles. I broke the car in properly the first 1000 miles, no boost, put it in "i" mode (lame but glad I did it now), shifted about 3500-3800 RPMs. As soon as I hit 1000 miles, AP went on so I really didn't have the issues with the stock tune. Been beating on the car ever since, but all regular and suggested maintenance is done to the car. will be switching to full syn oils, fluid flushes, etc next month when my oil change is due.

#11 ·
I should be hitting my 3500 mile service this week and no real trouble so far other than noisy brakes. Unless of course you would include the fact that Town Fair Tire scratched all 4 of my rims while mounting the snows!

Oh, and I got destroyed by a $110,000 Porsche but it really didn't surprise me all that much.

#17 ·
6900KM no probs

other than the annoying cargo cover rattle (tried every remedy here on IWSTI-maybe its just the sub 0' environment.)

one thing i hate is that the windshield sprayer could be better on the passenger side. it doesn't seem to get that area in the center bottom in the path of the drivers wiper.

My model (Euro) don't have door chimes :) but it does have a seatbelt squealer :p

#18 ·
3500 Miles
WVE15 Reflash
Third brake light was half out, replaced
Rear window wiper fluid isn't working, going to be brought in
Windows seem extraordinarily slow going back up, going to point it out
Paint chips/scratches galore. Getting the larger rock chip guards installed Tuesday but they're going to have to sand down the doors and repaint. My running boards look bad and I have chips on the hood and bumper too.

Those are all fairly superficial things though, mechanically the car has been fine.

This post has been deleted
#26 ·
05, bought new. Have been autox ing it since 960 miles on it. Was daily driver until 2008. Now if a toy. I have had nothing Major that I did not cause. I had a loose bolt on my drivers seat. And the astrut clunk, but that could have been easily caused by the springs I installed.

It creaks, and there is a bunch of rattles here and there, but I have replaced a good amount of bushings, so that is to be expected. My experience would easily put me in another subaru down the road consider the amount of abuse I have dished out on this car.
I am glad your happy with your GD STI, but this thread is for GR/08,09 STI;s:D
I have a little over 600 miles, no issues here! The car seems a lot more solid/better built then my old 07, which started to have rattles driving home from the dlr when it was new.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.