IW STi Forum banner

Battery

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Trinaessling 
#1 ·
So I have had my 2007 impreza sti for about 3 years now. About 2 months ago I was driving and all of the lights on the dash turned on. Abs, check engine, brake, etc. Then the car died. I have replaced the battery three times. I haven't put anything new in it since the radio, which was put in just after I got it. I can jump the car, but then it does shortly after. I had the alternator checked and they said it was good. I also have had a car electrician look at it, he said that it was due to corrosion on the battery terminals. After he cleaned them I took it on the road and i made it 20 miles and the lights came on again and it died in the middle of the road. Anyone know what might be the problem? Please help!

#2 ·
Assumedly not the battery.

Clean and tighten major ground connections. Perhaps applicable power too.

Monitor charge voltage.

in either order

#4 ·
Assuming the crank pully is factory, there is a inner and outer piece for the crank pully which fused together by a rubber ring, when the rubber starts to break down only the inner piece of the crank pully turning at engine speed, the outer piece would skip and not turning the alternator fast enough to charge the battery, when you took it to the electrician to check the alternator maybe the rubber ring was just catching it enough to pass the alternator test, take the drive belts out grab crank pully like you're going to spin it, the crank pully should be solid and doesn't move at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.