Other 2020 STi Changes - Page 6 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
2020 STi Changes
2020 STi Changes
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Other 2020 STi Changes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-29-19, 05:02 PM   #51
RussellX
Platinum Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Car: 2019 Red WRX STi
Fav Mod: Cobb Accessport V3
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Portland, OR
RussellX has a spectacular aura aboutRussellX has a spectacular aura aboutRussellX has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 2020 STi Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexd3498 View Post
I still wonder if 2020 really is the final year for this generation due to this small refresh. I feel like Subaru did this light refresh to be able to still sell it as a 2021 model year, I see no point in a refresh for only 12 months, unless they're pulling a Mazda

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
subaru been doing small changes every year from 2015 to 2020... its normal and yes 2020 will be the final year for EJ257 Motor and VA Chassis, i actually thought 2019 would be the final...
RussellX is offline  
Likes 1 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-29-19, 06:46 PM   #52
alexd3498
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
Posts: 23
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: May 2018
alexd3498 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2020 STi Changes

When do you think the new sti will debut, January?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
alexd3498 is offline  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-19, 11:33 AM   #53
Boilermaker128
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Car: 2018 STI
Fav Mod: Factory stock
My Threads
Posts: 38
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Canada
Boilermaker128 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2020 STi Changes

RussellX can you confirm 2020 is the last year with a link?

They could release s209 parts on the STI's and peeps would buy them up for 2021.
Boilermaker128 is offline  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-30-19, 01:07 PM   #54
DarkSi08
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Car: 2019 STI Limited CWP
Fav Mod: JDM STi Mirrors
My Threads
Posts: 109
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Charlotte
DarkSi08 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2020 STi Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexd3498 View Post
When do you think the new sti will debut, January?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
We COULD see it as early as October, at the Tokyo Motorshow, assuming Subaru doesn't skip a year, or anything like that. Likely not in US production guise, of course - we'll likely wait until April for that, which is when we finally discover if the next STi is going to be on a global engine.
DarkSi08 is offline  
Likes 1 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-19, 01:10 PM   #55
DarkSi08
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Car: 2019 STI Limited CWP
Fav Mod: JDM STi Mirrors
My Threads
Posts: 109
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Charlotte
DarkSi08 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2020 STi Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker128 View Post
RussellX can you confirm 2020 is the last year with a link?

They could release s209 parts on the STI's and peeps would buy them up for 2021.
Subaru hasn't confirmed a thing, but the S209 is almost certainly our swan song. Subaru knows that they're losing sales at this point, while people wait for a new platform - while it's definitely possible that they will carry it over another year, I think it's more likely that they skip a model year.

Though... I wouldn't ignore the possibility of the new platform coming for the 2022 model year, to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the WRX. Just a thought!

Crazy, if you think about it - the Impreza global platform is now 4 model years old, which means that the global platform will be at least 5 model years old before we see the new STI release... This generation STI only came out 3 model years after the last-gen Impreza.

Last edited by DarkSi08; 05-30-19 at 01:13 PM.
DarkSi08 is offline  
Likes 1 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-19, 01:28 PM   #56
alexd3498
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
Posts: 23
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: May 2018
alexd3498 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2020 STi Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSi08 View Post
Subaru hasn't confirmed a thing, but the S209 is almost certainly our swan song. Subaru knows that they're losing sales at this point, while people wait for a new platform - while it's definitely possible that they will carry it over another year, I think it's more likely that they skip a model year.



Though... I wouldn't ignore the possibility of the new platform coming for the 2022 model year, to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the WRX. Just a thought!



Crazy, if you think about it - the Impreza global platform is now 4 model years old, which means that the global platform will be at least 5 model years old before we see the new STI release... This generation STI only came out 3 model years after the last-gen Impreza.
This makes me curious as if the new sti will be based off a new impreza or not, because impreza life cycles are only 5 years, and also, I wonder if it will be released in the summer next year like this gen or if it will be moved to the fall like every new Subaru has been including the forester legacy and outback

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
alexd3498 is offline  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-19, 04:51 PM   #57
DarkSi08
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Car: 2019 STI Limited CWP
Fav Mod: JDM STi Mirrors
My Threads
Posts: 109
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Charlotte
DarkSi08 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2020 STi Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexd3498 View Post
This makes me curious as if the new sti will be based off a new impreza or not, because impreza life cycles are only 5 years, and also, I wonder if it will be released in the summer next year like this gen or if it will be moved to the fall like every new Subaru has been including the forester legacy and outback

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I’d love for the WRX to have its own dedicated body from the ground up, akin to how VW does the MQB platform. I don’t think it’s likely, but that would be pretty fantastic!
DarkSi08 is offline  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-19, 06:32 PM   #58
jamesWRmica
Advanced Contributor Level 4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Car: 2016 CWP Limited STI
My Threads
Posts: 496
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arkansas
jamesWRmica has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Re: 2020 STi Changes

I will be willing to bet that a hatch and a sedan appear in 2020
jamesWRmica is offline  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-19, 09:45 PM   #59
chr0nix
Joined the Conversation
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Car: WRB '18 STi
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
Posts: 2
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Southern California
chr0nix is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2020 STi Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsti24 View Post
That was my order they posted on their website, it will arrive in a few days. Can’t wait....hopefully no delays at USPS LAX customs...
dam those look nice.. are they going to be sequential turn signals as well or just DRLs?
chr0nix is offline  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-19, 01:40 AM   #60
ajsti24
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
 
Fav Mod: JDM parts!
My Subaru Parts for sale

Join Date: May 2013
Location: So Cal
ajsti24 is just really niceajsti24 is just really niceajsti24 is just really niceajsti24 is just really niceajsti24 is just really nice
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chr0nix View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsti24 View Post
That was my order they posted on their website, it will arrive in a few days. Can’t wait....hopefully no delays at USPS LAX customs...
dam those look nice.. are they going to be sequential turn signals as well or just DRLs?
Just DRL’s
ajsti24 is offline  
Likes 0 Dislikes 0
 
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2020! too soon? enoxard General Subaru Discussion 34 10-31-19 06:49 AM
No Engine changes untill 2021 RussellX General Subaru Discussion 18 01-11-17 07:03 PM
State of the World GotSTI? Off Topic 0 04-16-08 07:42 PM


New To Site? Need Help? More

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Designed & Powered by Domain Architect
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.