NGK one step colder plugs
ID 1300 cc injectors
IAG V2 rails with dampers
IAG braided fuel lines
Aeromotive FPR and gauge
AEM 320 fuel pump
Cobb fuel flex sensor and pressure kit
IAG Air/EGR pump delete

I failed emission and I cant get evap or egr monitor ready. Ive kept my tank between 1/4-3/4, driven at 55 mph and kept it there for a while. Drove at 40 for a while, went to 65 and just let it coast to 40ish for a few times. I dont know what to do, has anyone had this issue? I email my tuner and he sent me a new map, i drove 300 miles and nothing. Both are still not ready.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-19, 04:23 AM   #2
Jay11STI
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Car: 2011 SWP STi Sedan
Fav Mod: EWG & The Look On Your Face
My Subaru Parts for sale

Jay11STI has a spectacular aura aboutJay11STI has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Evap and EGR not ready

Well everytime the car is reflashed/retuned, all the obd readiness is reset if i remember correctly. Clearing all codes and resetting the battery will also do this. I know there are certain sequence/driving styles for each obd minitor to be reset and i know it can be difficult to get them reset. I think your best bet is to continue driving. Take a nice long trip somewhere and recheck.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-05-19, 05:12 AM   #3
usefulidiot21
Advanced Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: Galaxy Blue 15 STI
Fav Mod: traded 07 STI for 15 STI
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

usefulidiot21 is on a distinguished road

If your tuner has an old version of the software, you can just uncheck the box to monitor self-test (not likely anymore)

Otherwise, you just gotta do whatever the driving cycle is to get them ready after a tune or reset.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-19, 11:56 AM   #4
navin'swrxsti
Contributor

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

navin'swrxsti is an unknown quantity at this point

Ill ask about that, any tuners out here know if i got him to make a map for evap delete if itll just make the monitor ready? I know for my cat and air pump i have deleted and they are ready all the time even after a reflash
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-06-19, 07:14 AM   #5
STINick19
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

STINick19 is an unknown quantity at this point

It took several hundred miles for all of my monitors to be ready whenever I unmarried my AccessPort and converted my car back to stock. The EVAP monitor was the most stubborn.

The FSM outlines some Subaru specific drive cycles that you can follow. I came up with a drive cycle that combined their requirements as well as other OBD2 drive cycles that I found online.
  • Cold Start. In order to be classified as a cold start, the engine coolant temperature must be below 50°C (122°F) and within 6°C (11°F) of the ambient air temperature at startup. Do not leave the key on prior to the cold start or the heated oxygen sensor diagnostic may not run.
  • Idle. Idle for at least 30 seconds. Turn on the air conditioner, rear defroster, and headlights and idle for a while longer. The more electrical load you can apply the better. This will test the O2 heater, Passive Air, Purge "No Flow", Misfire and if closed loop is achieved, Fuel Trim.
  • Accelerate. Turn off the air conditioner and all the other loads and apply half throttle until 55mph is reached. During this time the Misfire, Fuel Trim, and Purge Flow diagnostics will be performed.
  • Hold Steady Speed. Hold a steady speed of 55mph for 3 minutes. During this time the O2 response, Air Intrusive, EGR, Purge, Misfire, and Fuel Trim diagnostics will be performed.
  • Decelerate. Let off the accelerator pedal. Do not shift, touch the brake or clutch. It is important to let the vehicle coast along gradually slowing down to 20mph. During this time the EGR, Purge and Fuel Trim diagnostics will be performed.
  • Accelerate. Accelerate at 3/4 throttle until 55-60mph. This will perform the same diagnostics as in step 3.
  • Hold Steady Speed. Hold a steady speed of 55mph for 5 minutes. During this time, in addition to the diagnostics performed in step 4, the catalyst monitor diagnostics will be performed. If the catalyst is marginal or the battery has been disconnected, it may take 5 complete driving cycles to determine the state of the catalyst.
  • Decelerate. This will perform the same diagnostics as in step 5. Again, don't press the clutch or brakes or shift gears.
  • Drive the vehicle for more than 30 minutes in total to ensure a full heat cycle.
  • Park the car for over 10.5 hours (typically left overnight). Must be between 40-113°F ambient air temperature.
  • Drive the vehicle at a steady-state of speed of 55mph with minimal throttle angle change at least 5 minutes.
Notes:
  • Ensure the fuel level is between 1/4 and 3/4 tank
  • Avoid refueling immediately before or during the drive cycle. There'll be a large amount of evaporating gas immediately after the refill. Drive for at least 10 minutes after refueling prior to starting a drive cycle.
  • Repeat for as many miles and key cycles as possible
You'll have to check with your tuner regarding the EGR monitor since you have an Air pump/EGR delete.

Last edited by STINick19; 05-06-19 at 07:37 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-13-19, 01:42 PM   #6
navin'swrxsti
Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

navin'swrxsti is an unknown quantity at this point

Never got evap ready but i just plugged in the egr and air pump and drove 57 miles and the egr became ready and i passed inspection. Thanks for all your help
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement