Thoughts/Review/Comparison Memorable STi Experiences - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Memorable STi Experiences
Memorable STi Experiences
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Thoughts/Review/Comparison Memorable STi Experiences

Old 07-07-16, 04:15 PM   #1
Ceemarsh
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 17' DGM STi
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Ceemarsh has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Memorable STi Experiences

In a recent post response, I vented off course slightly of an unfortunate encounter that xyzyx00 posted. I'm sure we're all aware of the issues in media of the equality of justice we face, some more than others.

I tie this back into the automotive scene by asking:
How severely are you profiled as an STi driver?

I came from the Dub club (20th GTi), it was quite comical to see reactions from officers and civilians until ignorance ensued
(unlawful stops, people thought I was stealing my own car, called authorities)

Hopefully some light can be shed with your most memorable STi experience, positive or negative!

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!"
-Jackie Moon

Edited for uschearak

Last edited by Ceemarsh; 07-08-16 at 08:49 AM. Reason: for uschearak he's a delight.
Likes 0 Dislikes 1

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-16, 04:37 PM   #2
mheyman
Gold Member
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Fav Mod: Camber Camber Camber
My Subaru Parts for sale

mheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: ASSumptions make you look like a ahole

Don't know that I've ever been stopped due to STI. But I have been stopped in the STI several times for very slightly tinted windows and once for loud exhaust. the officers involved in the tinted windo stops were all quite surprised to find a 50+ driver. The AH who stopped for the loud exhaust should never be allowed to be an officer or carry a gun. He was was an AH and an idiot who thought he knew me better than myself. After crowding me out of my lane (before he stopped me), he spent a half an hour making me walk lines, stand on one foot, shining a very bright flashlight into my eyes while telling instructing me to keep them open when I blinked ( I should have refused - it was to fn bright), and looking for tracks on my arms. This was about 11pm in my own driveway, and I had just driven 45 minutes from a 3 hr workout. If he reads this, he's welcome to come apologize.

5 yrs ago in the WRX I was once lasered and stopped by a female cop. Was the first (only?) time I have/had ever been given a warning for speeding. Wondered if they weren't just testing the laser - this was coming down the NJ side of the Delaware Memorial Bridge.

If you think you should have lower r's at cruise you're in the wrong car

I become a more loyal IAG customer every time I drive my STI

Last edited by mheyman; 04-05-19 at 03:37 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-07-16, 05:00 PM   #3
uschearak
Gold Member

Car: Silver 15' STI base
Fav Mod: IWSTI Knowledge
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

uschearak has a spectacular aura aboutuschearak has a spectacular aura aboutuschearak has a spectacular aura about

Race baiting at its finest. Please leave this out of these forums, no one wants to talk about politics in here.....if you do, go find a left wing/right wing forum

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-16, 05:11 PM   #4
UrdnotWrexSTi
Silver Member
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Car: Aspen White GR STi
Fav Mod: Coilovers
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

UrdnotWrexSTi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mheyman View Post
Don't know that I've ever been stopped due to STI. But I have been stopped in the STI several times for very slightly tinted windows and once for load exhaust. the officers involved in the tinted windo stops were all quite surprised to find a 50+ driver. The AH who stopped for the loud exhaust should never be allowed to be an officer or carry a gun. He was was an AH and an idiot who thought he knew me better than myself. After crowding me out of my lane (before he stopped me), he spent a half an hour making me walk lines, stand on one foot, shining a very bright flashlight into my eyes while telling instruction me to keep them open ( I should have refused - it was to fn bright), and looking for tracks on my arms. This was about 11pm and I had just driven 45 minutes from a 3 hr workout. If he reads this,
he's welcome to come apologize.

5 yrs ago in the WRX I was once lasered and stopped by a female cop. Was the first (only?) time I have/had ever been given a warning for speeding. Wondered if they weren't just testing the laser - this was coming down the NJ side of the Delaware Memorial Bridge.
Geez you're making it seem like Colorado cops are the coolest cops around! I have a straight exhaust - very loud, obviously - lowered and dark tint with my front plates on the windshield and I have never been stopped or anything of sorts about my car. There's been two occasions on a signal light where the officers actually said they liked my STI lol
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-07-16, 05:12 PM   #5
Ceemarsh
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by uschearak View Post
Race baiting at its finest. Please leave this out of these forums, no one wants to talk about politics in here.....if you do, go find a left wing/right wing forum
What politics?

Sorry YOU feel that way... didn't know STi drivers are subject to a certain race. I only attempted to correlate a unfortunate situation into an automotive forum.

And I quote myself.

"I tie this back into the automotive scene by asking:
How severely are you profiled as an STi driver?"

"Hopefully some light can be shed with your most memorable STi experience, positive or negative!"

Thanks for ASSuming!
Likes 0 Dislikes 1

Old 07-07-16, 05:19 PM   #6
uschearak
Gold Member

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

uschearak has a spectacular aura aboutuschearak has a spectacular aura aboutuschearak has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceemarsh View Post
In a recent post response, I vented off course slightly of an unfortunate encounter that xyzyx00 posted. I'm sure we're all aware of the issues in media of the equality of justice we face, some more than others.

I tie this back into the automotive scene by asking:
How severely are you profiled as an STi driver?

I came from the Dub club (20th GTi) and being 6'5 and black, it was quite comical to see reactions from officers and civilians until ignorance ensued
(unlawful stops, people thought I was stealing my own car, called authorities)

Hopefully some light can be shed with your most memorable STi experience, positive or negative!

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!"
-Jackie Moon
Quote:
What politics?

Sorry YOU feel that way... didn't know STi drivers are subject to a certain race. I only attempted to correlate a unfortunate situation into an automotive forum.

And I quote myself.

"I tie this back into the automotive scene by asking:
How severely are you profiled as an STi driver?"

"Hopefully some light can be shed with your most memorable STi experience, positive or negative!"

Thanks for ASSuming!
Thanks for just being an ass.

Why did you interject your race into the conversation if race has nothing to do with it? Get over yourself and move this post to off topic at the very least.

Admins, can we please delete this garbage?

Old 07-07-16, 05:22 PM   #7
Ceemarsh
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Thanks for just being an ass.

Why did you interject your race into the conversation if race has nothing to do with it? Get over yourself and move this post to off topic at the very least.

Admins, can we please delete this garbage?
so....its that not a topic of recent media?

was it not brought into a open forum with opinion of personal experience?

are you hurt by my story?

or do you have anything to contribute to the post at hand of your memorable experience?
Likes 0 Dislikes 1

Old 07-07-16, 05:26 PM   #8
uschearak
Gold Member

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
so....its that not a topic of recent media?

was it not brought into a open forum with opinion of personal experience?

are you hurt by my story?

or do you have anything to contribute to the post at hand of your memorable experience?
I really don't care about your hurt feelings about perceived unfairness, whether it's true or not.

Add value to these forums by talking about how the sti handles, or recent mods, not about yourself.

Narcissistic race baiting

Old 07-07-16, 05:29 PM   #9
Ceemarsh
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
I really don't care about your hurt feelings about perceived unfairness, whether it's true or not.

Add value to these forums by talking about how the sti handles, or recent mods, not about yourself.

Narcissistic race baiting
Then why are you in here? I didnt know my feelings were hurt. I didnt leave negative rep until given....

So.....how is your STi experience?

Anything to contribute? As a new STi owner, any unique experiences you have that someone like myself coming from a more subtle model should know? safe to say exhausts are loud. lol

or is your 15 minutes of post fame still on? addressing you is already off topic as is, so how's your car? great build! it actually makes you slightly more tolerable!

Last edited by Ceemarsh; 07-07-16 at 05:36 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-07-16, 07:35 PM   #10
BLKSTI16
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: Cobb Accessport V3
My Subaru Parts for sale

BLKSTI16 has a spectacular aura aboutBLKSTI16 has a spectacular aura about

Im reading this thread saying wtf is this crap and why is it in the 2015 section?
Likes 3 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement