Exhaust Quiet -- stock like sound level -- turbo back exhaust - Page 9 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Quiet -- stock like sound level -- turbo back exhaust
Quiet -- stock like sound level -- turbo back exhaust
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Exhaust Quiet -- stock like sound level -- turbo back exhaust

Old 02-27-18, 03:09 PM   #81
scoobyspeed
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

scoobyspeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Quiet -- stock like sound level -- turbo back exhaust

I have a Cobb catted downpipe and greddy supreme sp exhaust. It's pretty quiet to me at cruising speed. Absolutely no drone on the highway too. It only get loud when I give it the beans and my EWG opens up...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-18, 07:10 AM   #82
S2000_Europe
Silver Member
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

S2000_Europe is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazNJ View Post
So I had the SPT and the drone became outright ridiculous when I added my Spoolinator kit which was catless at the time. I can’t imagine any amount of resonators solving that. The Corsa was way better than that.

No, the issue never was resolved. The vendor who I bought it from was helpful in managing the attempt and got a middle man to provide a replacement piece at cost. I do like the exhaust otherwise. Was a bad weld on one of the tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the SPT on a 15+ STI with Killer bee header, stock intake with HKS Funnel, Cobb catted DP and I do not have drone, the sound is deeper.

I amconsidering the SINGLE Q300, weight savings and some hp, but I could not find anyone with one installed. According to Invidia the noise level is 93 db. Any feedbacl would be nice.

BTW everytime I start the STI the alarm of my neighbour's M4 triggers
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-09-18, 09:21 AM   #83
wiEiEzy
Advanced Contributor Level 2

Car: 2017 STI
Fav Mod: cobb tbe
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

wiEiEzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2000_Europe View Post
I have the SPT on a 15+ STI with Killer bee header, stock intake with HKS Funnel, Cobb catted DP and I do not have drone, the sound is deeper.

I amconsidering the SINGLE Q300, weight savings and some hp, but I could not find anyone with one installed. According to Invidia the noise level is 93 db. Any feedbacl would be nice.

BTW everytime I start the STI the alarm of my neighbour's M4 triggers
why not just get the Cobb catback?? I love my Cobb turbo back on my 17sti.. sounds deep and doesn't drone
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-18, 11:17 AM   #84
S2000_Europe
Silver Member

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiEiEzy View Post
why not just get the Cobb catback?? I love my Cobb turbo back on my 17sti.. sounds deep and doesn't drone

I do not kown where I read it, here o NASIOC, that aftermarket exhaust does not add hp and some of them are heavier than stock. That is the reason why I am more inclined to the Single q300 is lighter and with less bends in the exhaust system. I like the single exit as you can see on my avatar my S2000 has only one exit and was able to pass the smog and the inspection in Spain

I notice that Cobb is the most popular but I do not know if it is beacuse is the best or because the OTS maps.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-09-18, 05:30 PM   #85
wiEiEzy
Advanced Contributor Level 2

Car: 2017 STI
Fav Mod: cobb tbe
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

wiEiEzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2000_Europe View Post
I do not kown where I read it, here o NASIOC, that aftermarket exhaust does not add hp and some of them are heavier than stock. That is the reason why I am more inclined to the Single q300 is lighter and with less bends in the exhaust system. I like the single exit as you can see on my avatar my S2000 has only one exit and was able to pass the smog and the inspection in Spain

I notice that Cobb is the most popular but I do not know if it is beacuse is the best or because the OTS maps.
another reason i like the quad setup is it looks completely stock, so no trouble with polizia + the cobb quadtip isn't as obnoxiously loud as some of the single exits (tomei, invidia)
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-13-18, 08:31 AM   #86
Bigkitty
Advanced Contributor Level 1

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Bigkitty is on a distinguished road

I just bought a 2019 STI today and am considering Subaru Performace Exhaust or an Invidia Q330!Any comments/
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-14-18, 02:10 AM   #87
hallfleming
Becoming A Contributor

Car: 2019 Pure Red STi
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

hallfleming is on a distinguished road

The Subaru Performance Exhaust isn't an option for the 2019 with the mid-pipe change. Can't speak to the Q330, just the Cobb which I'm old and like cause there's no drone and it's the quietest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigkitty View Post
I just bought a 2019 STI today and am considering Subaru Performace Exhaust or an Invidia Q330!Any comments/
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-14-18, 04:38 AM   #88
Bigkitty
Advanced Contributor Level 1

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Bigkitty is on a distinguished road

Please explain the mid-pipe.I can stiil order the performance exhaust fron their parts cataloque,but not from the factory!Is it worth it?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-14-18, 11:11 AM   #89
nightdown fox
Advanced Contributor Level 5
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: '15 Launch Edition
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

nightdown fox will become famous soon enoughnightdown fox will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigkitty View Post
Please explain the mid-pipe.I can stiil order the performance exhaust fron their parts cataloque,but not from the factory!Is it worth it?
If you order that from the parts catalogue, it will not fit. Subaru changed the midpipe with the RA and into the 2019, hence why you can’t order it from the factory.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 10-15-18, 07:03 AM   #90
S2000_Europe
Silver Member

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Today I used an Apple app to measure the noise inside de car. I know is not the most scientific study but is the noise level that I heard inside de car. The phone placed in the central cupholders next to hand brake
. Here are the details:

STI MY17 with KB ELH, HKS Funnel, Cobb downpipe, STP Exhaust.
Radio off, Aircon off
Tires 265 Bridgestone RE-01

Normal driving was btw 3k and 4k @50 mph. I did some pulls to 6k and when reducing gears was using heal and toe. Top speed during the pulls was 70 mph.

I lost the file, but remember that the highest noise level, using Z frecuency, was 93db. At ilde was 85db.

At the end I got a nice offer to buy the Q300 single Exhaust. One I installed will repeat the test

J
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement