Exhaust Quiet -- stock like sound level -- turbo back exhaust - Page 14 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Quiet -- stock like sound level -- turbo back exhaust
Quiet -- stock like sound level -- turbo back exhaust
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Exhaust Quiet -- stock like sound level -- turbo back exhaust

Old 12-20-18, 08:59 AM   #131
EightTenths
Advanced Contributor Level 3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: Lapis Blue '17 STI
Fav Mod: Flex Fuel Tune
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

EightTenths will become famous soon enough
Default Quiet -- stock like sound level -- turbo back exhaust

Last edited by EightTenths; 12-20-18 at 05:12 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-18, 10:09 AM   #132
NoNoBadDog
Becoming A Contributor

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

NoNoBadDog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Quiet -- stock like sound level -- turbo back exhaust

I picked up a used Invidia Q300 to try out. So far I like it. It is noticeably quieter that the AWE Touring, but I miss the bruble on downshifts.

Not knocking the AWE/T, it is a high quality product. It has a really nice unique, exotic sound that works great with the stock DP. It also has a great burble on downshifts. It just becomes too loud for my taste with the Cobb catted DP installed. If AWE offered a quieter resonator/mid section designed for a DP that would be awesome... Wink, wink...

Does anyone how the Q300 compaires to the Milltek?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-24-18, 01:02 PM   #133
EightTenths

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNoBadDog View Post
I picked up a used Invidia Q300 to try out. So far I like it. It is noticeably quieter that the AWE Touring, but I miss the bruble on downshifts.

Not knocking the AWE/T, it is a high quality product. It has a really nice unique, exotic sound that works great with the stock DP. It also has a great burble on downshifts. It just becomes too loud for my taste with the Cobb catted DP installed. If AWE offered a quieter resonator/mid section designed for a DP that would be awesome... Wink, wink...

Does anyone how the Q300 compaires to the Milltek?
I hope you continue to like it. I had to take the Q300 off after 10k miles. When the baffles go it gets loud and a little raspy with my current setup. It also has that AVCS drone at 3k especially under load going uphill. Cobb reminds me of the Q300 when it was new but Cobb to me sounds quieter than the Q.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-18, 08:55 AM   #134
NoNoBadDog
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightTenths View Post
I hope you continue to like it. I had to take the Q300 off after 10k miles. When the baffles go it gets loud and a little raspy with my current setup. It also has that AVCS drone at 3k especially under load going uphill. Cobb reminds me of the Q300 when it was new but Cobb to me sounds quieter than the Q.
Ya. The Q300 is a stop gap for me. It has about 15K miles on it. I'm not sure if the baffles are good or not, but it is much quieter than the AWE. I think long term I will get a Milltek or MadDad Whisper cat back as my final solution.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-09-19, 10:50 AM   #135
NoNoBadDog
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

@EightTenths are you still running the Cobb Ti CB? If so, feedback please. Thanks.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-09-19, 04:51 PM   #136
EightTenths

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
@EightTenths are you still running the Cobb Ti CB? If so, feedback please. Thanks.

Yeah the Cobb titanium is the best compromise among the three. It’s quieter than the Q300 and AWE and after a good break it has a smooth tone. I initially felt it droned on the highway vs AWE but it’s more lower note vs higher note. Volume is less 77-78dB vs 80-81dB so after some time getting used to a bassier note it doesn’t fatigue me after 1 hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 04-10-19, 01:52 PM   #137
NoNoBadDog
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

@EightTenths Thanks for your feedback (again). I seem to be going though the same steps you went through in finding an exhaust that is the perfect compromise. Do you know the the Cobb SS CBE sounds compared to the Ti version? In your opinion is the Ti version worth the additional $$?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-11-19, 07:22 AM   #138
IndyStig
Becoming A Contributor

Fav Mod: Stock and staying that way
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

IndyStig is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightTenths View Post
Yeah the Cobb titanium is the best compromise among the three. It’s quieter than the Q300 and AWE and after a good break it has a smooth tone. I initially felt it droned on the highway vs AWE but it’s more lower note vs higher note. Volume is less 77-78dB vs 80-81dB so after some time getting used to a bassier note it doesn’t fatigue me after 1 hour.

That's really too bad about the AWE "Touring". To me an exhaust with that kind of label should have a reasonable volume even with an aftermarket downpipe. Their Touring offerings for other platforms aren't super loud even when paired with their catted downpipes.

I wonder how adding a larger resonator like the Vibrant 17950 would change the volume. I love the tone of the AWE but I'd like to add a downpipe as well and I just don't want something super loud.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-11-19, 12:06 PM   #139
EightTenths

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
@EightTenths Thanks for your feedback (again). I seem to be going though the same steps you went through in finding an exhaust that is the perfect compromise. Do you know the the Cobb SS CBE sounds compared to the Ti version? In your opinion is the Ti version worth the additional $$?

I haven’t heard a Cobb SS in person but my shop thinks they sound similar. The suitcase mufflers look identical, straight through, perforated in the pass- through

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-11-19, 12:07 PM   #140
EightTenths

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyStig View Post
That's really too bad about the AWE "Touring". To me an exhaust with that kind of label should have a reasonable volume even with an aftermarket downpipe. Their Touring offerings for other platforms aren't super loud even when paired with their catted downpipes.

I wonder how adding a larger resonator like the Vibrant 17950 would change the volume. I love the tone of the AWE but I'd like to add a downpipe as well and I just don't want something super loud.

AWE touring has a great tone and sounds great. It’s just loud on cold start and around town. I have full bolt-on’s from bigger FP Blue turbo to Holy Headers and Cobb downpipe so I need to tame it.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement