Exhaust Quiet -- stock like sound level -- turbo back exhaust - Page 12 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Quiet -- stock like sound level -- turbo back exhaust
Quiet -- stock like sound level -- turbo back exhaust
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Exhaust Quiet -- stock like sound level -- turbo back exhaust

Old 11-08-18, 10:34 AM   #111
S2000_Europe
Silver Member
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

S2000_Europe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Quiet -- stock like sound level -- turbo back exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaswrx View Post
it seems this is the only one with "touring" that is single exit.

Invidia Q300 Cat Back Exhaust Single Subaru WRX / STI 2015-2019 – Import Image Racing
I had the SPT Exhaust, 3 pieces, another alternative that I was considering was removing one side and seal the joint.

I got a good price for the Q300 at Aristrocat Autosports (Anthonny)

This is the sound clip that I found in youtube

2015 Subaru STI Q300 single exit - YouTube
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-18, 01:36 PM   #112
jaswrx
Developing Advanced Mastery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: Black 2015 Limted
Fav Mod: ProTune
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

jaswrx will become famous soon enough

well, what I did is bought the Corsa, loved the tone of it, and then I sealed the joint with a solid metal plate (welded in there). It's probably not ideal for flow, but i doubt it's truly hurting.

Subaru-weld-off-muffler — imgbb.com

The only problem is I have noticed is that I ever so slightly hear a metal sound (almost rattle sound) on the runoff (letting off the gas) at some rpms 2-3-- think reflecting off the wall in parking garages. But the tradeoff is so worth it! It's been great and even quieter but still retains that Corsa signature sound, but the Invida looks to be the best fit and is super quiet, although not as cool sounding, but arguably the quietest for our cars.

Last edited by jaswrx; 11-08-18 at 10:53 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-08-18, 10:35 PM   #113
jaswrx

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I am selling my Corsa btw...

in the Los Angeles area.

https://www.iwsti.com/forums/engine-...ml#post4464926

Last edited by jaswrx; 11-08-18 at 10:49 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-18, 04:59 AM   #114
PURE STI
Becoming An Advanced Contributor
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: 06 STI/08 STI/15 STI
Fav Mod: Suspension
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

PURE STI is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
it seems this is the only one with "touring" that is single exit.

Invidia Q300 Cat Back Exhaust Single Subaru WRX / STI 2015-2019 – Import Image Racing
Nice, I didn't know that existed. Too bad it's Invidia cause the Q300 has been proven to not be the quietest exhaust for a touring style system even on the GD. For the less than $600 might be worth a shot to install it, season the muffler for 1000miles or so, and see if you like it. If not then assuming you have a hfc I commission someone to add a resonated Helmholtz resonator to it. There should be plenty of room under the car!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-11-18, 03:08 AM   #115
jaswrx

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

^^there actually is not much room to add another resonator. I tried, and I kept on bottoming out on it.

What on a GD do you think is the quietest? I have had 6 different ones, and by far the Apexi WS2 was my favorite. Maybe I should just buy the muffler and have a shop fab me a catback?

Seriously, the tone is freaking amazing, but so quiet at all the right frequencies when you were not on it.

I mean, come on, I know it is subjective, but I personally think this is perfect! Wish I could get this sound on my 15+

Apexi Noir 2005 Saab 9-2x Aero - YouTube

and on ELH, it's 10x better than any other setup I have heard. Especially at the low speeds-- it has this neat gargle/growl that almost sounds exotic.

WRX Leaving - YouTube
Bugeye Video Clip - YouTube

Last edited by jaswrx; 11-11-18 at 03:37 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-12-18, 08:22 AM   #116
PURE STI

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
^^there actually is not much room to add another resonator. I tried, and I kept on bottoming out on it.

What on a GD do you think is the quietest? I have had 6 different ones, and by far the Apexi WS2 was my favorite. Maybe I should just buy the muffler and have a shop fab me a catback?

Seriously, the tone is freaking amazing, but so quiet at all the right frequencies when you were not on it.

I mean, come on, I know it is subjective, but I personally think this is perfect! Wish I could get this sound on my 15+

Apexi Noir 2005 Saab 9-2x Aero - YouTube

and on ELH, it's 10x better than any other setup I have heard. Especially at the low speeds-- it has this neat gargle/growl that almost sounds exotic.

WRX Leaving - YouTube
Bugeye Video Clip - YouTube
It's tuff to say on the GD. Aren't too many cars on the market that have as many CBE choices as the GD cars do/did.

I guess the question that comes to my mind is when you say "quietest", are you willing to sacrifice power to keep it quiet? I ask because there are systems that are quiet but the mufflers are either restricted or chambered which will limit flow sacrificing power to achieve lower db levels. I personally don't like this option unless there is no other choice.
The Fujitsubo Legalis R exhaust I had on my GD at one time was chambered, but it was super quiet and by far the quietest exhaust I've ever heard on a GD. I lost 20whp on my setup at the time which was around 430whp with a Cobb CBE that was straight through 3" after the entry flange was modified to 3". The Fujitsubo exhaust was so quiet I couldn't hear the car idle in my house. I kept it for the street and ran the Cobb on the track along with the fact the exhaust was actually several lbs lighter than the Cobb. The stainless was thinner and the flanges were stamped instead of 1/2" thick so what it took away in power I felt was justified for the weight savings, noise reduction and looks. Looked so much better and cleaner than the Cobb!
Fujitsubo Legalis R Cat Back Exhaust - Subaru WRX STI 2004 | 790-63031

This was all before I got the HKS Super Turbo Muffler which was the best GD exhaust I had and have heard. I modified the entry flange again and the muffer is straight through 75mm instead of restricting down like so many Japanese systems do. Loved IT!!!

I've never seen an Apexi WS2 on a GD. Would be curious to see it's anatomy and find if it restricts down anywhere or if the muffler is chambered.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-12-18, 01:40 PM   #117
jaswrx

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I am not willing to sacrafice much power so a stright through design muffler is defintely a must. I am okay with it not 3" on the end.

Here is what I had--https://apexi-usa.com/noir-muffler-2002-2007-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti

I have heard the Legalis and it is super quiet, but has no balls, if you know wha I mean.The Apexi has a tone that is quite amazing, and a lot nicer than the COBB, IMO.

I would probably agree the HKS is one of the best ones. Not as good as the Apexi, but certinly uinque and pleasent, even with ELH.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-13-18, 07:12 AM   #118
PURE STI

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
I am not willing to sacrafice much power so a stright through design muffler is defintely a must. I am okay with it not 3" on the end.

Here is what I had--https://apexi-usa.com/noir-muffler-2002-2007-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti

I have heard the Legalis and it is super quiet, but has no balls, if you know wha I mean.The Apexi has a tone that is quite amazing, and a lot nicer than the COBB, IMO.

I would probably agree the HKS is one of the best ones. Not as good as the Apexi, but certinly uinque and pleasent, even with ELH.
Makes me interested to hear one then. My reservation with the Apexi NOIR is for the money the piping is just steel coated. Regular steel will break down quickly under high heat especially when used on track.
I agree with you on the sound of the Legais R, but for me the unintended benefit was hearing more of my turbo which was nice for a change.
I did however love the sound of the HKS STM. It has a very clean, dry not too deep sound that was nice to listen to on track and for me would be hard to beat with another mass produced system.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-13-18, 08:29 AM   #119
SubySal
Advanced Mastery Level I

Fav Mod: everything done so far
My Subaru Parts for sale

SubySal has a spectacular aura aboutSubySal has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

What on a GD do you think is the quietest?
I can say with near certainty that the AVO 3" catback in the quietest on the market. I have this exhaust on my car and it is very quiet. It can get a little boomy inside the car once in a while, but a lot of other mods have pushed up the NVH. It's still fine for me and I don't have much tolerance for loud exhausts.

AVO EXHAUST 3INCH STAINLESS STEEL CAT BACK EXHAUST - 04-07 STI AVO Turboworld S2102G3HA001J
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 11-15-18, 02:07 PM   #120
Josh/AWE
Authorized Vendor

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Josh/AWE is an unknown quantity at this point

I suggest our Touring Edition, zero drone, quiet when ya need it, and full-body EJ tones.

https://www.youtube.com/v/L5dVWXl70OM
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement