Thoughts/Review/Comparison Memorable STi Experiences - Page 3 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Memorable STi Experiences
Memorable STi Experiences
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Thoughts/Review/Comparison Memorable STi Experiences

Old 07-08-16, 08:36 AM   #21
HP Hungry STI
Advanced Contributor Level 3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: DGM 16' STI Limited
Fav Mod: E85
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

HP Hungry STI is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ASSumptions make you look like a ahole

My question is how does a 6'5 man drive comfortably in a GTI? Lol. Open the sunroof for extra headroom?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-16, 08:41 AM   #22
Ceemarsh
Becoming A Contributor

Car: 17' DGM STi
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Ceemarsh has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Hungry STI View Post
My question is how does a 6'5 man drive comfortably in a GTI? Lol. Open the sunroof for extra headroom?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
LMFAO THANK YOU!

I did quite well actually... and when I got the car, I was only 6'0 (not much better)

so yea that alone was comical as I looked like a clown car upon entry and exit

so people would always ask me:

Is that YOUR car? Aren't you too big? Don't you like trucks? You don't look like the type to drive such a car?

yes to all of those questions, and that is my personal experience!

Any from an STi that you can share?

Last edited by Ceemarsh; 07-08-16 at 08:46 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-08-16, 08:48 AM   #23
MarkWeso
Becoming A Master Contributor

Car: 2017 CBS STi
Fav Mod: Tune by Bren
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

MarkWeso will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceemarsh View Post
I was speaking from MY past vehicle. My other posts state such.
soooooooo i try to tie back into the original question at hand lol

ARE there any expereinces that you can share as an STi owner seeing that I HAVE NOT taken delivery and my past personal experience were from a GTi and my encounters.

I was looking forward to learning about yours as an STi driver....but I see its easier in life just to form your own opinions, rather than come to a fourm of question and dicussion?

lol
Gotcha. No experience with negative profiling for me since owning an STi (about 4 years now).

I have met a BUNCH of high school looking males that apparently had "just bought" a WRX but coincidentally were driving their other car that day. Always seems to be while I'm pumping gas. HUGE eye roll.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-16, 09:15 AM   #24
HP Hungry STI

Car: DGM 16' STI Limited
Fav Mod: E85
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

HP Hungry STI is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Memorable STi Experiences

I get negative comments about the wing all the time!!! Also from my wife who said buying the STI was the most Asian thing I have ever done since I am half Korean and this is the first non euro car I have owned. Went from VW to Mercedes to Audi. Still have the Audi but its a garage queen.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-08-16, 09:55 AM   #25
BLKSTI16
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: Cobb Accessport V3
My Subaru Parts for sale

BLKSTI16 has a spectacular aura aboutBLKSTI16 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Idk bud.

I had a honest question that turned into Bill o' Reilly segment (so hostile lol).
I'm not to let one ruin the bunch.
How's your STi? do you have anything to contribute?
STI is good. Plenty to contribute based on my history. Just so you know there are educated people on this forum and we can see right through the original post and the intent is to Bait this into a racial issue especially since you reference to whats going on in current media. I am very up to date on the current media issue and I can assure you No WRX STI vehicles were involved. Stick to the car issues and you will be fine.

With that being said, I do get followed by the cops every now and then. I assume its because this would be in their mind a Hoonigan car. Dont do anything stupid and you wont get pulled over or in trouble. Nothing wrong with cops following people or checking things out. The road is public and driving is a privilege not a right. These STI's attract attention, nothing you can do about it. In fact that why the insurance is so high because again some people thing they are Ken Block everyday when driving them.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 07-08-16, 10:29 AM   #26
Ceemarsh
Becoming A Contributor

Car: 17' DGM STi
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Ceemarsh has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKSTI16 View Post
STI is good. Plenty to contribute based on my history. Just so you know there are educated people on this forum and we can see right through the original post and the intent is to Bait this into a racial issue especially since you reference to whats going on in current media. I am very up to date on the current media issue and I can assure you No WRX STI vehicles were involved. Stick to the car issues and you will be fine.

With that being said, I do get followed by the cops every now and then. I assume its because this would be in their mind a Hoonigan car. Dont do anything stupid and you wont get pulled over or in trouble. Nothing wrong with cops following people or checking things out. The road is public and driving is a privilege not a right. These STI's attract attention, nothing you can do about it. In fact that why the insurance is so high because again some people thing they are Ken Block everyday when driving them.
Well. Never the intent to "bait" just creating relevance based off of my own personal opinion/experience. And I'm glad there are educated people whom can contribute without hypersensitivity as soon as someone remotely glosses over negative media(the first response to thread).

Satire is hard to translate over text without excessive lol's....but thank you for your input! lol

Attention they damn sure attract.

Last edited by Ceemarsh; 07-08-16 at 10:43 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-08-16, 11:02 AM   #27
Revzyuu
Advanced Contributor Level 1

Car: 2015 GBP STi
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Revzyuu is on a distinguished road

Bout to say why did the title just change...lol.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 07-08-16, 07:07 PM   #28
uschearak
Gold Member

Car: Silver 15' STI base
Fav Mod: IWSTI Knowledge
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

uschearak has a spectacular aura aboutuschearak has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Well. Never the intent to "bait" just creating relevance based off of my own personal opinion/experience. And I'm glad there are educated people whom can contribute without hypersensitivity as soon as someone remotely glosses over negative media(the first response to thread).

Satire is hard to translate over text without excessive lol's....but thank you for your input! lol

Attention they damn sure attract.
Man, you can ask anyone who's met me, I'll give you the shirt off my back if it means you have a better experience with these cars. But I absolutely cannot stand an obvious attempt at poisoning this group of car enthusiasts with current politics.

I have enough trouble stomaching stancenation without having race discussions here.

To advance the story, I've had some awesome moments with the sti. Even when a motor blows, or issues arise, I still have great experiences meeting people and interacting with those who know more than I do. The Subaru people are what make it great for me, sure there are some bad apples, but 90% of the guys in this community are willing to spend all day helping you out.

Old 07-09-16, 06:50 AM   #29
shadowsports
Advanced Contributor Level 1

Car: '17 STI Limited DGM
Fav Mod: Staying Stock
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

shadowsports is on a distinguished road

2 yrs in a FXT, 9 yrs in an LGT and 2 months in my STI. I get a lot of "that's a big wing" comments. Nothing negative about owning the car or being an STI driver... well, except Prius owners always want to race. Haven't figured that one out yet. I'm also in the 50+ club, and drive responsibly (most of the time).
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 07-09-16, 07:00 AM   #30
fr33lancr

Car: 15 STi GBP
Fav Mod: Seat Belt Chime disabled
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

fr33lancr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowsports View Post
2 yrs in a FXT, 9 yrs in an LGT and 2 months in my STI. I get a lot of "that's a big wing" comments. Nothing negative about owning the car or being an STI driver... well, except Prius owners always want to race. Haven't figured that one out yet. I'm also in the 50+ club, and drive responsibly (most of the time).
50+ as well and you're right about the Prius drivers. Not sure I know what is going on there but I've had my fair share of them baiting a race
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement