Interior Aftermarket Keyless Entry - Page 7 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Aftermarket Keyless Entry
Aftermarket Keyless Entry
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Interior Aftermarket Keyless Entry

Old 12-02-15, 07:07 AM   #61
guvadc
Advanced Contributor Level 4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: GlxyBlu '15 WRX STi
Fav Mod: JDM Arm Rest Ext.
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

guvadc is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Aftermarket Keyless Entry

Quote:
Originally Posted by emu1342 View Post
Lol, this seems like a viable option regardless. I haven't ordered my kit yet, but would I know which of those wires go where with the instructions? Thanks for the pics.
Here is the pin-out that was sent to me from Subispeed. This is what we used and it worked.

464cf992.jpg Photo by monkiboy | Photobucket

There are some quirks with the advancedkeys that I'm noticing and should point them out. One thing I've noticed is that if you have the ACC on for a awhile , just listening to radio and whatnot, that it will not want to start from there. Engine will kill right away ,You need to cycle to completely off, then will start just fine. Need to reach out to advanced keys on that.

Also, the range for the remote start is not good, we triple checked antennas and all. Very well could be battery in fob and will be checking that today. Advanced Keys also has some much needed redesigned fobs coming too!

The proximity key-less access is great most of the time, especially since we now have it set to unlock all doors when in proximity. The issue I have is that if i have my keys in my pocket and go in the garage to do something or take the other vehicle, it unlocks and locks again when out of range when I'm not doing anything with the car. Its supposed to do this and just has to do with my lifestyle. The proximity key-less access is easy to turn on and off, though.

All in all , im very happy with it. In my experience nothing aftermarket is ever perfect. Would I have rather had push button from factory ? Yes. Am I glad that I went aftermarket for a solution ? Absolutely!! So far

Last edited by guvadc; 12-02-15 at 09:28 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-15, 07:23 AM   #62
crispy2
Becoming A Contributor

Car: 2015 WRX Limited
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

crispy2 is an unknown quantity at this point

How'd you get it to unlock all the doors? Mine still only unlocks the drivers side door.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-02-15, 09:23 AM   #63
guvadc

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispy2 View Post
How'd you get it to unlock all the doors? Mine still only unlocks the drivers side door.

Check the manual, it shows a picture in there. Also, below is from Advancedkeys. Important because you need to reboot in order for it to work. When working properly , it behaves just like you hit the unlock button twice. It will unlock once, then a second later unlock again which will then be all doors.

To set double pulse unlock change AK-105 keyless module's JP3 (2nd one from the pigtail antenna) to the none-default position (close to the surface of the device) and reboot by disconnect power for 5 seconds.

How is the range on your remote start?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-16, 07:28 AM   #64
erlee013
Joined the Conversation

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

erlee013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Where did you get this installed at? I've been trying to look around in Texas but no luck
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-24-16, 07:21 AM   #65
guvadc

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by erlee013 View Post
Where did you get this installed at? I've been trying to look around in Texas but no luck

I found a local installer in MN who had experience with installing on another vehicle (Mercedes). Eric at Mobile Essences in Bursnville MN in case any MN ppl are interested. Its a small shop ad hes an Excellent guy does great and work. I'd keep checking in your area to find a place that does custom car audio and remote starts.

A couple of updates....

I recently had the auto lock and unlock when vehicle moves or stops disabled. This feature was hit or miss and only worked properly ~ 85 percent of the time. Its not a feature Subaru provided from Factory so i figured I'd have it disabled and I needed to bring it in to installer for that.

While it was in we had to make customization to the unit to increase the range for remote start. It appears that the Advanced Key units are supposed to ship with a small antenna, mine did not have this!!! We needed to contact advanced Keys and Eric worked through soldering a wire on board where the antenna was supposed to be with Advanced Keys. Props to Eric for identifying issues and knowing exactly what needed to be done. After that range is excellent!!! very pleased with that now!

One thing I'd strongly suggest to anyone getting this is to go with the Fortin bypass and not Idatalink. The main reason for this is hard to explain , but ill try. When you are sitting in the vehicle and only have the ACC on for music or whatnot, the Idatalink will lose its bypass in a few minutes or so by design. What happens is that when you go to start vehicle from having the ACC on, it will start then kill immediately due to having lost the bypass signal. the simple workaround is that when you just have ACC on for a while, to cylce throug to off, then start. The benefit of the Fortin bypass is that it keeps the bypass indefinitely in that situation and you don't have to worry about that. I thought about switching, but its not that big of deal to me and not worh the cost to switch out. With any new installs though, id go with the Fortin for sure though.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-18-17, 11:22 AM   #66
Garren
Joined the Conversation

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Garren is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you have any other hiccups than that. I'm having an issue where when the doors lock when turning the engine on and releasing the clutch and brake it sets the alarm (visibly with the turn signal lights and sound). Also when I park and turn the car off the locks, unlocks, and locks the doors again. And if that isn't enough, I unlock the door to let my wife out of the car through the front passenger door but when she closes it and following a few seconds it trips the alert that my doors are left open and u have to open my door and close it again to shut it down. I feel bad for my installer because my car was the Guinea pig since he never installed advanced keys.... Any suggestions?

I should also post that I have the single iDatalink module and kit from Subispeed.

Last edited by Garren; 03-18-17 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Additional info
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 07-06-19, 08:23 AM   #67
JustinKatherine
Joined the Conversation

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

JustinKatherine is an unknown quantity at this point

I never have issues like this with keyless entry locks and if in case i will come in trouble then i will call locksmith yonkers. As the owner is my friend and they will help me instantly to resolve the lock issues.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement