Thoughts/Review/Comparison Heuberger's 2016 Subaru WRX/STi Post Custom Order Thread - Page 2 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Heuberger's 2016 Subaru WRX/STi Post Custom Order Thread
Heuberger's 2016 Subaru WRX/STi Post Custom Order Thread
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Thoughts/Review/Comparison Heuberger's 2016 Subaru WRX/STi Post Custom Order Thread

Old 05-01-15, 08:33 AM   #11
socmed
Advanced Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: CWP 16' STi Limited
Fav Mod: STi Badge
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

socmed will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Heuberger's 2016 Subaru WRX/STi Custom Order Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubyStar View Post
Sounds good. So far we got the basics I think.

Royal Gorge
Pikes Peak
Garden of the Gods
7 waterfall place

Coors Brewery Tour if no kids joining us
and visit the Neversummer Board plant if there is time.
All of those are great spots to visit!

I agree with January, don't take your car up Pikes Peak. I think the train is a much more awesome option anyway because you get to see some beautiful canyons and countryside and learn about the mountain on the way up. Don't forget to get a world-famous doughnut while you're at the top!

Royal Gorge is pretty neat spot. If you or your family will be around for a few days consider a whitewater rafting trip. It's a huge piece of tourism in the town (Canon City) where the gorge resides. Rafting trips are hella fun and only cost around $40-$60 a head depending on which part of the river you choose to go on. The whitewater rafting trips take about 2.5 hours. I'm from the cheese state across the river and fell in love with whitewater rafting since moving to Colorado.

Seven Falls is a quick 1/1.5 hour side stop to see a cool waterfall.

Garden of the Gods is great for a 1-2 hour hike/walk through the park. Bring your camera as there are tons of great photos to be had of the rock formations and Pikes Peak.

Another great (free) option is the United States Olympic Training Center where our summer olympic athletes live and train. Tours of the facility are completely free and you'll learn about all kinds of neat olympic history-- if you're into that sort of thing.

The Coors Brewery Tour is quite nice, but I wish they still had actual tour guides. It's now a self-guided tour using these pre-recorded MP3s. Who are we kidding. It's all about the fact you get two free beers at the end in their private bar. Best part of the tour is when they handout what they call the "perfectly served Coors" which is freshly brewed and served at a precise temperature. The "freshet and most perfect beer you'll ever taste," as they say. The line to get shuttled in for the tour can be 30-90 minutes of standing. Just be prepared to wait in line at the brewery.

Denver has tons of museums, the zoo, etc. All the attractions you'd expect in a big city. If you love music be sure to check the schedule at the Red Rocks Amphitheater. Consistently voted as one of the best music venues in the world, every seat at Red Rocks has an unobstructed view of the stage. If you sit high enough you'll also get awesome views of the Denver metro area. Because of its construction into the side of a mountain, it has tremendous acoustics that makes for a hell of a concert experience!

Can't forget about Bandimere Speedway, otherwise known as "Thunder Mountain." Great little drag strip (if you like some straight-line speed in your life). Depending when you're here, near the end of July the NHRA Nationals will be out at Bandimere which is obviously a huge draw.

Oh, twisties. Lots and lots of twisty roads.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-15, 08:50 AM   #12
iceman302
Developing Advanced Mastery
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: ISM 2016 WRX STi
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

iceman302 will become famous soon enoughiceman302 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by physwm2501 View Post
Yeah, I am strongly considering it now. Plus since it is a 1000 mile trip it will be broken in once it gets home. Could put the saved money towards window tint and clear bra.

Now I just need to map out all the places to get 93 octane fuel along the trip home, unfortunately I have plenty of time to plan.

I'm curious to see how Lapis blue looks compares to the galaxy blue. Was a little bummed they discontinued the color I wanted.
I went color shopping over the weekend since I couldn't decide between Lapis Blue and Ice Silver Metallic. The Lapis Blue is a gorgeous color. You can see it on zither Legacy and Outback. It's kind of the best of both worlds... a mix of WRB and GBP.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 05-01-15, 08:52 AM   #13
Jesse_M
Advanced Mastery Level I

Fav Mod: IG: elevated.aerial
My Subaru Parts for sale

Jesse_M is a jewel in the roughJesse_M is a jewel in the roughJesse_M is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by physwm2501 View Post
Yeah, I am strongly considering it now. Plus since it is a 1000 mile trip it will be broken in once it gets home. Could put the saved money towards window tint and clear bra.

Now I just need to map out all the places to get 93 octane fuel along the trip home, unfortunately I have plenty of time to plan.

I'm curious to see how Lapis blue looks compares to the galaxy blue. Was a little bummed they discontinued the color I wanted.
No 93 octane in Colorado plus your car will run fine on 91.

Also we have recreational marijuana here so I mean other than all of our awesome breweries (save the time at Coors and go to New Belgium in Ft. Collins ) you should be set...if that's your thing.

I can't wait to run my car up the Pikes Peak, it is an awesome drive. But I agree, a car still in break-in wouldn't be any fun.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-15, 08:54 AM   #14
HeubergerMotors
Advanced Mastery Level III
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Car: Silver 2018 STi
Fav Mod: Exhaust. gotta love a good sounding machine.
My Subaru Parts for sale

HeubergerMotors will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by socmed View Post
All of those are great spots to visit!

I agree with January, don't take your car up Pikes Peak. I think the train is a much more awesome option anyway because you get to see some beautiful canyons and countryside and learn about the mountain on the way up. Don't forget to get a world-famous doughnut while you're at the top!

Royal Gorge is pretty neat spot. If you or your family will be around for a few days consider a whitewater rafting trip. It's a huge piece of tourism in the town (Canon City) where the gorge resides. Rafting trips are hella fun and only cost around $40-$60 a head depending on which part of the river you choose to go on. The whitewater rafting trips take about 2.5 hours. I'm from the cheese state across the river and fell in love with whitewater rafting since moving to Colorado.

Seven Falls is a quick 1/1.5 hour side stop to see a cool waterfall.

Garden of the Gods is great for a 1-2 hour hike/walk through the park. Bring your camera as there are tons of great photos to be had of the rock formations and Pikes Peak.

Another great (free) option is the United States Olympic Training Center where our summer olympic athletes live and train. Tours of the facility are completely free and you'll learn about all kinds of neat olympic history-- if you're into that sort of thing.

The Coors Brewery Tour is quite nice, but I wish they still had actual tour guides. It's now a self-guided tour using these pre-recorded MP3s. Who are we kidding. It's all about the fact you get two free beers at the end in their private bar. Best part of the tour is when they handout what they call the "perfectly served Coors" which is freshly brewed and served at a precise temperature. The "freshet and most perfect beer you'll ever taste," as they say. The line to get shuttled in for the tour can be 30-90 minutes of standing. Just be prepared to wait in line at the brewery.

Denver has tons of museums, the zoo, etc. All the attractions you'd expect in a big city. If you love music be sure to check the schedule at the Red Rocks Amphitheater. Consistently voted as one of the best music venues in the world, every seat at Red Rocks has an unobstructed view of the stage. If you sit high enough you'll also get awesome views of the Denver metro area. Because of its construction into the side of a mountain, it has tremendous acoustics that makes for a hell of a concert experience!

Can't forget about Bandimere Speedway, otherwise known as "Thunder Mountain." Great little drag strip (if you like some straight-line speed in your life). Depending when you're here, near the end of July the NHRA Nationals will be out at Bandimere which is obviously a huge draw.

Oh, twisties. Lots and lots of twisty roads.
Nicely done! I don't think I could have said it all better myself!

~january
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-01-15, 09:52 AM   #15
SubyStar
Becoming An Advanced Contributor

Car: '16 STi WRB
Fav Mod: Scared to let this bug bite!!
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

SubyStar is on a distinguished road

Wow that post should be a sticky of what to do while picking your car up from Heuberger! Thank you for all that information.

As to the blues. I wanted GBP also and never had the time to go look at lapis. Hope I don't regret my decision!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-01-15, 10:05 AM   #16
physwm2501
Becoming A Contributor

Car: LBP 16 WRX
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

physwm2501 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubyStar View Post
Wow that post should be a sticky of what to do while picking your car up from Heuberger! Thank you for all that information.

As to the blues. I wanted GBP also and never had the time to go look at lapis. Hope I don't regret my decision!
What color did you get again?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-01-15, 10:07 AM   #17
SubyStar
Becoming An Advanced Contributor

Car: '16 STi WRB
Fav Mod: Scared to let this bug bite!!
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

SubyStar is on a distinguished road

WRB! I spent a lot of time comparing photos but the dealer I visited didn't have any lapis in stock to check out.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 05-01-15, 10:09 AM   #18
physwm2501
Becoming A Contributor

Car: LBP 16 WRX
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

physwm2501 is on a distinguished road

I was stuck between dgm and lapis.... I hope the lapis is awesome haha
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 05-01-15, 10:14 AM   #19
prozach626
Advanced Contributor Level 1

Car: WRB 2015 STi
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

prozach626 is on a distinguished road

Lots of names already... things really escalated quickly.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 05-01-15, 11:18 AM   #20
iceman302
Developing Advanced Mastery

Car: ISM 2016 WRX STi
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

iceman302 will become famous soon enoughiceman302 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by prozach626 View Post
Lots of names already... things really escalated quickly.
Woo hoo! In at number 16! Right on top of January!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement