IW STi Forum banner

volk ZE40

Tires/Wheels 
20K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  drummerboy 
#1 ·
I'm looking into buy ZE40 for my 2015 STI.
What is best size? base wheels are 8.5 right? is 9.5 ok? I do not want any mod or roll fender.

also what is Face 1,2,3,4 for this wheel?

#4 ·
Make sure you specify your offset. The STI brakes are large in comparison to standard brakes, even compared to the WRX. Most wheels will require a 38mm offset on a 9.5" width. Even at that, the brakes may not clear.

#12 · (Edited)
According to RAYS 2014 catalog,
For ZE40 18x8.5 you can run +50 offset Face 1
For 18x9.5 you can run +45 offset Face 2
Both clear front brembo calipers
And also take consideration the different tire dimensions per maker.
Anything with lower offset will require fender rolling to avoid rubbing.
Goodluck

#22 ·
I ordered through HPT who is working with Rays (Mackin). Apparently my wheels were part of the 1st shipment which is currently on the boat. Delivery to me is 4 to 6 weeks out. We'll see how much of this turns out to be true, hopefully all of it...

I couldnt resist the matching centercaps too. I'm such a sucker

#23 ·
I ordered through HPT who is working with Rays (Mackin). Apparently my wheels were part of the 1st shipment which is currently on the boat. Delivery to me is 4 to 6 weeks out. We'll see how much of this turns out to be true, hopefully all of it...

I couldnt resist the matching centercaps too. I'm such a sucker

I'm looking for red center caps. I didn't see any on his website either. I have red Rays lug nuts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.