-3mm Phenolic TGV spacers
-ETS FMIC 3.5" core
-Invidia catless DP
-Grimmspeed ewg up pipe
-Grimmspeed EBCS
-Tial 44mm EWG
-AEM 50-1215 Fuel Pump (DW300c FAILED)
-Nameless Air pump deletes
-Custom flex fuel kit (ethanol and fuel pressure)
-Blueflex ethanol sensor converter
-IAT sensor relocated

After months of saving and obsessing... as of yesterday morning I can offically say that I am a proud new ower of a 2017 WR Pearl Blue Base STI equipped w HK audio, navi, keyless entry/push start, dimming mirror, and short throw shifter :)

Although knowing deep down inside i prolly wasnt gonna make it :lol: I had origionally planned on ordering one no earlier than August. Was on the way to a buddys and decided to stop by the other Subaru Dealer on the way and low and behold... was a couple new STI's fresh off the truck. One in particular, the exact color and model with the right package and accessories as I planned on ordering. dammit. test drive, few signatures and a call to the bank later... and here we are

couple of pics from the dealer yesterday

2AM skimming over all the manuals after having a blast driving around all day

Then a couple pics from up in the mountains this morning

So far, car is awesome. It goes were you point it, handles well. stock exhaust is a little quiet but that will change soon. Im not going to lie... first time i found myself trying to put it in reverse I couldnt figure it out. that and almost hitting myself in the face w the spoiler after shutting the trunk for the first time :rofl: anywho... I highly recommend the optional navi/HK audio/keyless package for base models. your good to go w a limited. so many neat little odds and ends this thing can do that nobody ever talks about. WELL worth that extra $2600, trust me. my only thing that i dont really wanna categorize as a complaint but something i noticed deals w that center console extender option. the center console really is waaaay too low to rest your arm on normally. the extension option really puts it up to the right place but theres a button on the end that makes it go back down - my elbow keeps hitting it. put my arm up on it, hit the button, then it folds back down. meh. guess i just gotta get use to it.

Last I heard 2015/16 cobb maps wont work on the 17 so im waiting for those to come out so I can start tuning and voiding that factory warranty :lol: As if right now just trying to baby her before that first 1000 mile oil change. 3-4k rpm, as minimal boost as possible. I mode. Dealer got up on her as he drove her off the lot for the test drive which i was not happy about :mad:

Built "PART 1" hopefully sooner than later

-SMY dual dash pod w/ prosport oil and fuel pressure gauges.

-custom made gauge pod mounted in cabinet below climate controls w 60mm prosport JDM oil temp and wideband gauges. havent really gotten into how im gonna make this but suggestions are appreciated

-iaperformance stumble kit

-iag aos

-accessport

-grimmspeed downpipe

will keep updated!

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Re: Proud new owner! 6/18/16

Congrats! Nice ride and looks like you're already enjoying it.

How was your buying experience up in SB? Also in SoCal and looking at ordering in the next month or two but not sure who's gonna give the best deal/experience in terms of the SoCal dealers.

#10 ·

Congrats!

Congrats! Nice ride and looks like you're already enjoying it.

How was your buying experience up in SB? Also in SoCal and looking at ordering in the next month or two but not sure who's gonna give the best deal/experience in terms of the SoCal dealers.
Contact Yara Orozco at Ladin Subaru

#13 ·

First wash and wax :)

***UPDATED***

Build #1 and #1.5 parts have been ordered!

-SMY dual gauge dash pod
-prosport oil pressure and fuel pressure gauges for smy pods, amber w white needles to match
-Perrin sandwich adapter
-magnetic oil plug
-prosport JDM oil temp and wideband gauges to be mounted in cubby below climate controls
-Nameless catback w 4" mufflers, 3.5" quad non staggered, single wall tips

just to be clear, the above pic w gauges is NOT from my car - only something i found online (not trying to steal anyones pic) i plan on making a similar mount but maybe in matte black instead of carbon to match a little better. below is an actual pic of my cubby

super excited about the Nameless CB, only downfall is the wait time. They said im looking at about 4 weeks, oh well... Itll b worth the wait. best sounding/quality built exhaust money can buy for our cars imo. all handmade to order washington. workmanship looks amazing.

Will be posting pics sooner than later hopefully. after all this is done, just waiting impatiently for cobb to get their 2017 ROMS put together and get accesstuner back out :D not much else can do till then except maybe an OAS. I do want to de badge those silver emblems on the truck lid though

#15 · (Edited)

Congrats! Welcome to the club.

A suggestion on your desired wideband install....I wouldn't bother with a wideband until you have an aftermarket downpipe and can mount the 02 sensor on that. A pre-turbo wideband reading is essentially useless. You need to be post turbo to obtain reliable info.

#16 ·

Congrats! Welcome to the club.

A suggestion on your desired wideband install....I wouldn't bother with a wideband until you have an aftermarket downpipe and can mount the 02 sensor on that. A pre-turbo wideband reading is essentially useless. You need to be post turbo to obtain reliable info.
absolutely. waiting on cobb to finish the new software so cant do anything performance wise as of yet. plan on installing the gauge but it might just sit blank until that time comes. i had considered yanking off the factory downpipe and welding on a bung just so my OCD dont drive me insane from having to stare at one blank gauge for a couple months haha.

#17 · (Edited)
Jason's Build *updated 7/4/16*

Hit that magical 1000mile mark last night... hopefully get her first oil change in tomorrow as im waiting on a few more parts to arrive. also got the left side of the trunk de-badged :)

Got some parts in the other day... 60mm wideband and oil temp, as well as 52mm fuel pressure. still awaiting last couple orders w a few odds and ends so i can get all this stuff installed

Went to home depot today and pretty much got everything i need to make my custom dual 60mm dash mount. this is as far as i got today

1/4" lexan, rough cut w 140tooth blade, reversed on circular saw. sanded down to match w 220 grit. 2 3/8 hole saw for the gauges. itll all be wrapped with one of the two 3M colors i ordered to match the flat black buttons inbetween the climate controls

and ya the left hole is slightly lower... not a big deal. gonna use some jb weld and make 4 little dimples on the inside of the holes and sand them down to hold the gauges tight when slid in. ill be able to make up the difference there :tup:

so far i plan on making very basic ears on the right and left that will simply stick to the inside walls w double sided tape - the whole thing is pretty light, and even sits in there pretty well as it is right now so that should be fine. more pictures to come soon :D

#18 ·
Re: Jason's Build *updated 7/4/16*

got the rest of my stuff in over the last couple days. had to wait a little longer to install because i decided to run all my wires through the sound tube hole in the firewall using the Perrin grommits. luckily found the new intake boot at the local dealer but had to order the grommits. stupid little things are expensive!

more parts

#19 ·

first oil change finally @ 1100 miles

-oem subaru filter
-Rotella T6
-Greddy magnetic drain plug w/ new subaru crush gasket
-Perrin sandwich adapter
-oil temp and pressure sensors

adapter with oil sensors before loom was secured

#20 ·

fuel pressure sensor. Ill prolly do away with the brass adapter when i do the stumble kit. cobb has a nicer looking adapter if i can get it to work.

wiring routed through the firewall @ sound tube location using the Perrin grommits. be careful when slitting them open, and dont try to force too much through them because they will rip. there is an existing zip tie strap holding the old sound tube inbetween the 2 walls. if you clip this carefully you can reuse it with a new zip tie to secure your sensor wires.

#21 · (Edited)

Prosport gauges are all installed :) I ended up cutting down the gauge openings on the SMY dash mount by about 1". they are excessively deep from the factory, - assumingly to adapt to a wide variety of manufacturers gauges - makes the gauges stick way out and look a little goofy imo. shortened them down which pushed the gauges back a little, looks better.

-premium series 52mm oil pressure
-premium series 52mm fuel pressure

also finished up fabrication for my custom center mount and got it wrapped to match using 3M's "matte deep black M22" wrap. It matches the factory plastic perfectly for a clean look. im leaving the wideband unplugged for now until I get a dp.

In the future I may modify this with some tubing and rewrap to allow the gauges to tilt a little towards the drivers seat so they can be seen a little clearer.

-JDM series 60mm wideband
-JDM series 60mm oil temp

#22 · (Edited)

Prosport gauges -

the sensor wires are long enough to get inside the car if you go through @ the sound tube location but thats about it. youll need to extend most of them with the exception of the wideband which had plenty of length.

as far as wiring the gauges up goes, it was a little bit of a pain haha. instructions/schematics from Prosport were kinda vague so it ended up being a little bit of trial and error.

for reference if anyone wants to know - the orange wire which is labeled as the "dimmer" wire for the premium series gauges does not dim. it changes the color of the back lighting from white to amber. you hook up your 3 power wires like normal. then your backlight wire (orange) depending on how you want to see the gauges.

if you want the gauges white at all times, dont hook anything up to the orange wire. if you want them amber all the time, wire the orange and white wire together (i first tried this attempting to match the stock cluster even during the daytime, but the prosport amber backlighting is too dim and looks super dull and cheap during the day. no bueno) if you want white during the day, and amber at night, (do this!) hook up the orange wire to a 12v+ headlight wire. An easy wire to use for this can be found under your shifter panel that feeds the STI logo just above your shifter. the black and purple feed a small bulb for the logo and illuminate when you turn your headlights on. hook up the orange wire from your gauges to that purple wire. do NOT use that black wire as your ground. for some reason i wasnt getting a solid ground from it, only 10v~ just use a grounded bolt somewhere.
I used an "add a fuse" adapter each for the red and white wires.

red - 12v+ battery (used for storing peak warning settings) add a fuse on "start" fuse
white - 12v+ accessory (turns on gauges with ignition) add a fuse on "IGN 1" fuse
black - ground
orange - 12v+ headlight ONLY IF you want amber backlight at night

The orange/headlight wire for the JDM series gauges does actually dim the backlighting, so your gonna want to wire those up using that purple wire.

SMY pod install - the rubber bands are borderline too thick to use with the prosport gauges. i ended up having to wipe some WD40 on the rubber band to get the one to go in there, and even then it was too tight. hopefully i never have to take that one back off :lol: with the other one, i just wrapped the end of the gauge a few times with electrical tape and got it to fit nice and snug. the daisy chain power wire that prosport supplies will NOT work if you dont cut down the pods, its too short. even after I cut my pods down 1" it did work but it was kinda short and made the install a pain - i ended up lengthening it to make things easier.

#23 ·
Re: Jason's 2017 WRB *updated 7/10/16*

still waiting patiently for my nameless exhaust. hopeing to see it in 2-3 weeks.

next up unless cobb gets their new stuff out sooner - perrin wheel spacers and IAG aos. still debating black/red lettering rally armor flaps... suggestions?

#24 ·
Re: Jason's 2017 WRB *updated 7/10/16*

still waiting patiently for my nameless exhaust. hopeing to see it in 2-3 weeks.

next up unless cobb gets their new stuff out sooner - perrin wheel spacers and IAG aos. still debating black/red lettering rally armor flaps... suggestions?

IAG told me their models of the IAG comp were not compatible on the 2017 models

Which one did you get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#27 ·
spoke w nameless and changed my order from non staggered to staggered tips. still 4" mufflers. should ship tomorrow ::fingers crossed::

new parts on order... hoping everything including cb shows up by friday
-cobb front and read shifter bushings
-group N transmission and engine mounts
-whiteline transmission crossmember bushings

will update asap :)

*** little bird says cobb accessport for 2017 STI may be available mid august... 2017 WRX mid september. but who knows, right?

#29 ·
Good luck installing that Cobb Rear Shifter Bushing. That was 2+ hours of my life filled with cussing, cuts, and scrapes. You'll also find that the Rear Shifter Bushing's holes do not line up very well with the chassis, so be prepared.

I did the install on Jackstands and I assume having a lift may make the install a bit easier, but not much. Screw that bushing.

#31 · (Edited)
Amazingly, the exhaust showed up about noon on saturday which was almost overnight shipping - awesome shipping from nameless :)

I was doing a little more homework thursday evening on what all is necessary to replace our engine mounts. initially, i wasnt aware that the pitch stop needed to be unbolted. because I wasnt planning on removing the intercooler, i didnt bother ordering a stiffer pitch stop. ended up finding Perrin's on Amazon friday morning and was able to get it delivered the next day... so saturday me and a buddy got everything installed. took about 6 hours for everything.

-group N engine mounts
-group N transmission mount
-Whiteline transmission crossmember bushings
-Cobb front and rear shifter bushings
-Perrin pitch stop
-Nameless catback 4" mufflers, 3.5" staggered tips
-5x exhuast bushings from Nameless

#32 · (Edited)
I basically opted to just do everything at once with the exhaust because I was already under the car. having everything off already did help.

transmission mount and crossmember bushings were easy.

Engine mounts - a bit of a pain because 1 bolt from each mount was very hard to access. the second bolt on each mount is easy. long story short - under the hood, remove intake box ducting, intake boot, remove the 2 clamps on top of the radiator, the intercooler, and unbolt pitch stop. under the car, you only really need to lift the motor about an inch to clear the mount studs. I removed the subframe below the engine for more access, this may not be necessary. after unbolting the mounts from the frame, using a jack and a block of wood, push up on the oil pan ONLY just as much as you need for clearance. one of your refrigerant lines up above on the right only has so much room to give before its damaged, keep an eye on it - this is the only clearance issue you need to worry about. *** suggested to do all this with 2 people - the other to watch for clearance above, and to help lower the motor while you watch/adjust the studs below as they fall back into the frame and dont get damaged.

shifter bushings - only reason i went with COBB is because they had better reviews. there was no talk about negative "side to side" movement. i figured maybe because they were so much harder to install than others, that maybe they did have a slight advantage somewhere - i could have just fallen for the COBB hype so who knows lol. in a nutshell... if your doing the shifter bushings, do them both at the same time. period. and if your doing the rear COBB bushing, have someone else to help you. yes, it would be ridiculous by yourself.
- remove the front bushing and linkage from their mount, then remove the old rear bushing. then, have your buddy basically pull the linkage as far forward as he can while you fight the new bushing in place. Ive heard that with the 2015's+, you need to remove a bunch of the linkage and stuff... not true if you have help doing this. once you have the bushing on, loosely install the "harder to get to" bolt. then have your buddy use the shifter linkage as a folcrum to somewhat stretch/manuver the holes somewhat together as you fight to get a few threads started from the new bolt on the other side. you really do need 2 people to do this. then tighten both those bolts down and move back to installing the front bushings. you will NOT get the COBB rear bushing installed without removing the front linkage bushings from their mount.

Nameless catback - I want to start out by saying that this is still, in my opinion, the best quality exhaust that can be purchased for our cars. Beautiful craftsmanship, handmade in the USA, and sounds amazing. That being said... heres two minor things that i noticed:
-the tips are not stainless, as mine showed up w a small amount of rust inside. It is also easily apparent that the same employee(s) nameless has that weld their stainless, did not weld those tips. They look like manufacturer bought, poorly welded tips that Nameless welds onto their exhaust. kind of a bummer.
-secondly, if you look at my pics and i now even notice this from going back and reviewing other videos online - the exhuast tips do not sit perfectly level and square. my right side tip sits just a tad lower than the left. no matter what i do, the bushings will not allow the right tips to sit any higher. the difference is not noticeable from either side, but if you stand behind the car and really look, you can see it. I had another buddy take a look and he said it wasnt too noticable so maybe its just my ocd lol.

All and all... ive watched just about every single STI/nameless video online before placing my order. I can honestly say that they are only good for hearing tone, and seeing what those tips look like. not a single video will accurately depict the decibel level of this exhaust. catback 4" muffler w stock DP ... easily 2x as loud if not louder. awesome deep rumble. completely different car - you will be surprised... trust me. If the muffler delete is any louder, it would be too loud imo.

#33 · (Edited)
I ended up completely resetting my ECU sunday morning so it could start over from scratch with its base map. remove both battery lines and short them out for 30 seconds or so. you know youve done this correctly if starting your car after takes a few extra seconds, the auto window buttons, and your passenger window doesnt work from the drivers side :rofl: - freaked me out for a bit. turns out it is explained in the owners manual how to fix this after a loss of battery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.