2016 STI: Now with more Turbo! - Page 9 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
2016 STI: Now with more Turbo!
2016 STI: Now with more Turbo!
Go Back   STI Forums > > > 2016 STI: Now with more Turbo!

Old 03-10-16, 08:55 AM   #81
WhatWarranty?
Gold Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Flex Fuel+20g
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

WhatWarranty? will become famous soon enough
Default Vinyl Wrapped Interior Trim and Car Update

I decided I didn't like the red plastidip trim I did so I decided to remove it. My kids helped me peel it off and their amazement mirrored mine. I am still floored by the ability to just peel off paint...

I was reading an article on Jalopnik.com about a guy who flips cars. He wraps trim pieces that have lost their factory shine. I have never vinyl wrapped anything before, but I purchased some dark aluminum 3M vinyl off of amazon.com and gave it a go. First try doesn't look too bad but I can do better on the edges:

Also, big changes coming to the STI. I had ordered the Killer B 2 bolt header a while back when I found one in stock and also had ordered the flex fuel kit from Cobb. Since I needed a custom tune to run the header, I set up an appointment with Turn in Concepts in Cincinnati and am taking my car up there tonight to get some work done. I'll get it back during the middle of next week and it will be running the new killer b ELH, grimmspeed uppipe, AOS, e85, and some other upgrades for a possible turbo upgrade down the road.

It seems the Cobb Accessport was a gateway drug that has put me on a dark path...

Last edited by WhatWarranty?; 12-28-17 at 08:49 AM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-16, 09:24 AM   #82
mikemartin88
Becoming An Advanced Contributor
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: CWP '16 WRX STi Base
Fav Mod: Cobb AP (OTS Stage 1)
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

mikemartin88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Vinyl Wrapped Interior Trim and Car Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWarranty? View Post
It seems the Cobb Accessport was a gateway drug that has put me on a dark path...
Just took my first "hit" - OTS Stage 1 map loaded and loving it. So it begins...
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 03-10-16, 09:27 AM   #83
Jamtill
Becoming A Contributor

Car: 16 STI DGM
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Jamtill is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My Stage 3 2016 DGM STI

ELH and Stage 3, that is going to be just an absolute ridiculous car. I hope when its my time nothing crazy happens and there will still be KillerB ELH available. You are a year ahead of exactly where I would like to be with performance mods, or at least I hope so. Can't wait to see some numbers from TiC. I plan to make a trip there at some point soon for a baseline dyno.

I don't recall reading, are you still on stock motor mounts? That may be worth considering now with so much power running through that engine how much its going to fling around in the bay.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-16, 01:22 PM   #84
WhatWarranty?
Gold Member

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamtill View Post
ELH and Stage 3, that is going to be just an absolute ridiculous car. I hope when its my time nothing crazy happens and there will still be KillerB ELH available. You are a year ahead of exactly where I would like to be with performance mods, or at least I hope so. Can't wait to see some numbers from TiC. I plan to make a trip there at some point soon for a baseline dyno.

I don't recall reading, are you still on stock motor mounts? That may be worth considering now with so much power running through that engine how much its going to fling around in the bay.
I don't think my numbers are going to b crazy high... I'd guess around 330whp or so but hopefully I'm surprised. I never even thought about mounts. TiC didn't mention them so hopefully they aren't necessary at this stage and I didn't screw up!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-10-16, 02:12 PM   #85
Jamtill
Becoming A Contributor

Car: 16 STI DGM
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Jamtill is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWarranty? View Post
I don't think my numbers are going to b crazy high... I'd guess around 330whp or so but hopefully I'm surprised. I never even thought about mounts. TiC didn't mention them so hopefully they aren't necessary at this stage and I didn't screw up!
Doubt the mounts are necessary, but more of a do it for the feeling that everything is connected and tight.

Just because its fun I will guess 330 on 93 pump...closer to 380 on e85.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-10-16, 07:14 PM   #86
101ubstr8
Becoming A Contributor

Car: Blue 2016 STI
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

101ubstr8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey whatwarranty?
Did you have to loosen the oil line hex head on the right front (passenger side) to be able to remove the fuel line guard to install the injectors? I did, but I saw that there was a hole through the bolt shafts to feed oil, now I'm kinda freaking out that there might be a torque spec on that bolt.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-11-16, 07:34 AM   #87
WhatWarranty?
Gold Member

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101ubstr8 View Post
Hey whatwarranty?
Did you have to loosen the oil line hex head on the right front (passenger side) to be able to remove the fuel line guard to install the injectors? I did, but I saw that there was a hole through the bolt shafts to feed oil, now I'm kinda freaking out that there might be a torque spec on that bolt.
I wasn't able to remove that side's bracket all the way. I had to leave it loose on the front (towards headlights) and manipulate it out of the way in order to reach the injectors. I do not recall having to mess with any type of lines feeding in.

They probably do make them, but I remember about a decade ago when they made Hayne's manuals and the like for almost all makes and models. Do they make accessible service manuals for our cars so you know what torque settings go for each bolt?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-11-16, 07:48 AM   #88
101ubstr8
Becoming A Contributor

Car: Blue 2016 STI
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

101ubstr8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope, don't have the torque spec. I'm just wondering if the bolt has to be in a certain position to feed oil. I wonder if a dealership's service center would tell me.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-11-16, 08:45 AM   #89
WhatWarranty?
Gold Member

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101ubstr8 View Post
Nope, don't have the torque spec. I'm just wondering if the bolt has to be in a certain position to feed oil. I wonder if a dealership's service center would tell me.
My car is getting work done so I can't go take a look at mine to see if I can tell. I would call and see if anyone is kind enough to help you out. I am sure someone would help you out.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-11-16, 09:01 AM   #90
WhatWarranty?
Gold Member

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

101ubstr8: i found a service manual online that may help...WRX & STI Factory Service Manuals. You have to download it for the 2015 and it may take a while depending on your internet connection, but you may be able to find what you need in this.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement