2016 STI: Now with more Turbo! - Page 8 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
2016 STI: Now with more Turbo!
2016 STI: Now with more Turbo!
Go Back   STI Forums > > > 2016 STI: Now with more Turbo!

Old 03-01-16, 06:56 PM   #71
Drunkendet
Active Participant
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: DGM 16 STI
Fav Mod: Child Booster Seat
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Drunkendet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My Stage 3 2016 DGM STI

Looks great! Looking forward to drop pics. I really like the route your taking with everything.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-16, 07:22 AM   #72
WhatWarranty?
Gold Member

Fav Mod: Flex Fuel+20g
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

WhatWarranty? will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkendet View Post
Looks great! Looking forward to drop pics. I really like the route your taking with everything.
I've never installed springs before so I have been procrastinating. The weather is supposed to be good again this weekend so I just need to get my butt out in the garage and do it. I look forward to getting rid of some of that gap above the wheels. I am hoping it sits better and improves the looks (which I am sure it will).

I appreciate the kind words!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-03-16, 10:01 AM   #73
Jamtill
Becoming A Contributor

Car: 16 STI DGM
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Jamtill is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine came in yesterday, once I detail the car this weekend I will start my journal. The way the car feels on the road instantly made the wait worth it; how it just begs to be taken around turns feels exponentially better than anything I have driven in the past. I am counting down the miles now to get past that break in period. We should be getting good weather this weekend so I am ready to get out and eat up some miles.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-16, 11:10 AM   #74
WhatWarranty?
Gold Member

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamtill View Post
Mine came in yesterday, once I detail the car this weekend I will start my journal. The way the car feels on the road instantly made the wait worth it; how it just begs to be taken around turns feels exponentially better than anything I have driven in the past. I am counting down the miles now to get past that break in period. We should be getting good weather this weekend so I am ready to get out and eat up some miles.
Awesome! I look forward to seeing it and your journal. The car is a blast to drive and is even better past the break in period. Enjoy!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-03-16, 10:45 PM   #75
101ubstr8
Becoming A Contributor

Car: Blue 2016 STI
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

101ubstr8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cobb Stage 3 and Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWarranty? View Post
I ordered the Cobb Stage 3 kit right after Thanksgiving. Without going into too much detail, the whole process was very stressful. Cobb sent my packages, UPS lost a package, UPS found the package, Cobb had not put random pieces into the package, etc. After a few days, I went ahead with the installation (which was also quite stressful).

Laying out some of the pieces:

Image Link

I installed everything alone or with the help of my dad. Just being honest, but installation was a PITA! More than a few times I found myself stopping in the middle of removing vital pieces of the motor and asking myself, "Why am I doing this to a brand new car?" The obvious answer is I am a moron who does not value money. Moving on....

The whole process took a lot longer than I originally thought it would (not the first time nor last time I will say this). Fuel injectors took about 6 hours (first time ever doing it so others may be a lot quicker). Fuel pump took about 90 minutes. Fuel Pressure Regulator took about 2 hours.

Downpipes took way longer than it should have. I had trouble breaking the bolt on top of the turbo closest to the passenger side. The turbo sits back a little behind the windshield/hood line up top, so I was nervous to use various extensions, flex heads, etc. I psyched myself out because I was worried about rounding the bolt. After trying for about an hour, I decided to spray it with WD-40 and give it a half hour. Came back out after 15 minutes (I am impatient), and found I could unscrew it with my fingers. Another 15 minutes and I had the new Cobb unit on.

So right now I am running Cobb Stage 3 OTS 93 map. I don't have a catback on it since that was on backorder, but I don't care. The car sounds a lot meaner with the downpipes anyway, and I don't think our exhaust system is too bad from the factory.

The car feels a lot stronger now, and I am really enjoying it. This is how the car should have came from the factory in my opinion. I took a lot of pictures during the installation, but they were mostly for me to remember where wires went and how things were tucked away. I don't think they are probably enjoyable to look at so I left them off the post.

p.s.
I did install the Perrin pitch stop mount, but not the lava blanket form the photo.

Hey does Cobb provide instructions for replacing the injectors? I ordered the stage 3 and that's the only part of the installation I too am worried about.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-04-16, 07:24 AM   #76
WhatWarranty?
Gold Member

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101ubstr8 View Post
Hey does Cobb provide instructions for replacing the injectors? I ordered the stage 3 and that's the only part of the installation I too am worried about.
No or at least none that I ever found. Cobb typically puts up pretty good install instructions, but they didn't seem to want to do it on the injectors. Cobbtuning.com/install makes it look like they have something, but the documents end up being more about the injectors themselves and not about how to install.

If I had to rate the install difficulty on a scale of 1-10, 10 being most difficult, it was a 7. Doing it a second time, it would probably be a 5 due to learning from my mistakes.

Passenger side was much more difficult in my opinion. Driver side wasn't too bad once you realize you have to remove other parts to get to it.

I only have average tools, average mechanical ability, and average understanding of how this motor works. If I can do it, I think anyone can. I will say that the job was stressful and long, but it saved me a lot of money doing it myself and I learned a lot about my car.

I'd be glad to give you a little walk through of what I did if you want. It wouldn't be the most detailed thing in the world, but it may help.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-04-16, 11:25 PM   #77
101ubstr8
Becoming A Contributor

Car: Blue 2016 STI
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

101ubstr8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWarranty? View Post
.I'd be glad to give you a little walk through of what I did if you want. It wouldn't be the most detailed thing in the world, but it may help.
Thanks... I'll send you a PM if I need any assistance. How has it been running since you installed it?

Last edited by 101ubstr8; 03-04-16 at 11:31 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-05-16, 12:00 PM   #78
WhatWarranty?
Gold Member

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101ubstr8 View Post
Thanks... I'll send you a PM if I need any assistance. How has it been running since you installed it?
Has ran great. I am running the OTS stage 3 tune and it has been great so far. No complaints at all.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-05-16, 12:34 PM   #79
///V3Dude
Advanced Contributor Level 5
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: 16 Hyper Blue STI
Fav Mod: Snow Tires
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

///V3Dude is on a distinguished road

Awesome build man! I love the steady progress! Im jealous of your garage! So spacious
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 03-06-16, 01:06 PM   #80
WhatWarranty?
Gold Member

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///V3Dude View Post
Awesome build man! I love the steady progress! Im jealous of your garage! So spacious
Thanks! I appreciate it. The garage has been great for working on my car.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement