2016 STI: Now with more Turbo! - Page 10 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
2016 STI: Now with more Turbo!
2016 STI: Now with more Turbo!
Go Back   STI Forums > > > 2016 STI: Now with more Turbo!

Old 03-19-16, 10:44 AM   #91
WhatWarranty?
Donating Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Flex Fuel+20g
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

WhatWarranty? will become famous soon enough
Default Got the car back from TiC

I got my car back from Turn in Concepts yesterday. Horsepower numbers were significantly lower than I anticipated, but torque was significantly higher. On about a 67% ethanol mixture (time of the year ethanol content is lower here) I am pushing about 307 whp and about 370 ft/lbs torque. I have heard that TiC's dyno is extremely low reading, and numbers aren't everything to me. I wanted the car to feel responsive and I have that now. Horsepower and torque will increase as the ethanol content moves up. I doubt I will ever actually see 85% ethanol content, but I'd be happy with 75 or so.

I thought I would miss the unequal length rumble, but I really don't. I think it sounds much better now with the ELH installed. Although, I can barely hear anything when the EWG screams. That may be the only mistake I made this round of mods. It is quite loud, but it does sound mean. I may end up rerouting the dump pipe back into the down pipe to quiet it down and let me hear more turbo noises at some point but I am happy now.

Everyone at TiC was quite nice. I am very pleased with everything, but if I had to be picky, there are a lot of rattles coming from the heat shield area. Rattles drive me crazy so I need to go out and fix that because it is taking away from the enjoyment. Overall great experience and I wish they were closer so it wouldn't take a week or so to get things done.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-16, 02:33 PM   #92
WhatWarranty?
Donating Member

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Re: 2016 DGM STI stage3 + ELH and Flex Fuel

Installed the chargespeed Carbon fiber grille over the weekend and I'm not thrilled with the looks. It chipped away when trying to insert the screws, mesh wire is cheap, and figment is slightly off. To make things worse, you can see too much of the inner metal work so that would need to be trimmed away to make it look cleaner.

Some pics:

Last edited by WhatWarranty?; 12-28-17 at 10:57 AM.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 04-02-16, 05:38 AM   #93
racinJason
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: Silver, 2015 STI
Fav Mod: EL Header
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

racinJason is on a distinguished road

I just stumbled on your build thread and saw you're in Lex. Very cool to see someone local to me going all out on the mods. I feel like I'm the only STI around given the weird looks my car gets from people in town.

I'm not nearly as far along in the power mods as you, just rocking an ELH and Cobb catback. Even on a e-tune I'm blown away on how much better the car pulls and drives now. I couldn't imagine the stage 3. BTW I LOVE the sound of the ELH as well.

Keep up the good work.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-16, 08:34 AM   #94
WhatWarranty?
Donating Member

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinJason View Post
I just stumbled on your build thread and saw you're in Lex. Very cool to see someone local to me going all out on the mods. I feel like I'm the only STI around given the weird looks my car gets from people in town.

I'm not nearly as far along in the power mods as you, just rocking an ELH and Cobb catback. Even on a e-tune I'm blown away on how much better the car pulls and drives now. I couldn't imagine the stage 3. BTW I LOVE the sound of the ELH as well.

Keep up the good work.
I know what you mean... I think the wing helps attract those looks around here. If it was a v8 mustang with that wing, maybe it'd blend in more LOL. I see a really clean looking 2004/05 STI every now and then at the Meijer near the Fayette mall. That's about it...

I really like the ELH as well. I think the car sounds a lot better imo. I did it with other power mods so I can't tell how much it did alone, but I think it helped bump up torque.

Did you install the items yourself before you got the eTune?

Last edited by WhatWarranty?; 04-03-16 at 02:13 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-02-16, 02:07 PM   #95
racinJason
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: Silver, 2015 STI
Fav Mod: EL Header
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

racinJason is on a distinguished road

Yup, I love the risk/reward of tearing a perfectly good car apart just to make it marginally better.

So far I've done all my own wrench turning; easy stuff so far with just the ELH, AOS, cat back, bushings, tranny mount, short shifter, pitch stop, etc... But the E85 conversion is more than I think I would want to tackle.

Right now I'm trying to convince myself to do engine mounts and a killer b oil pick up tube. But I really don't want to drop that header. I should have planned a bit better and did them all at the same time. Oh well...

When I wear a suit I love watching people at stop lights. They always start at the wing then get this surprised look when they don't see a teenager in cargo shorts. You're right, no one would care if I was driving a mustang.

I'll keep my eye open for the sound of a fellow ELH STI when I'm over on that side of town.

Last edited by racinJason; 04-02-16 at 02:41 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-09-16, 06:10 PM   #96
WhatWarranty?
Donating Member

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Default Rear Cargo Net Installed

Installed a rear cargo net today. I don't always take the STI to get groceries, but when I do I prefer them to not fly around the trunk as I take corners. I actually picked it up off of Amazon. Not instructions that I found anywhere, but it was pretty easy to do. Neat thing is that it folds up and zips up into a pouch when not in use.

EDIT: used to have a picture here, but photo bucket sucks and I don't feel like fixing this one for a picture of a net.

Last edited by WhatWarranty?; 12-28-17 at 10:58 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-10-16, 04:03 AM   #97
guzie
Advanced Mastery Level III

Fav Mod: Nameless muffler delete
My Subaru Parts for sale

guzie is just really niceguzie is just really niceguzie is just really niceguzie is just really nice
Default Re: Rear Cargo Net Installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWarranty? View Post
Installed a rear cargo net today. I don't always take the STI to get groceries, but when I do I prefer them to not fly around the trunk as I take corners. I actually picked it up off of Amazon. Not instructions that I found anywhere, but it was pretty easy to do. Neat thing is that it folds up and zips up into a pouch when not in use.

Image Link

I like mine as well. I keep. It out all the time and it holds my emergency kit with jumper cables, LED light bar, absorber towel, detail spray, etc. All the small essentials that you carry around and don't want rolling around in the trunk.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-10-16, 05:33 AM   #98
Eclipso

Car: 2016 WRB STi Limited
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Eclipso is on a distinguished road

Is there a "recommended" net? More along the lines that doesn't need any thing major done to get it installed.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 04-10-16, 11:09 AM   #99
WhatWarranty?
Donating Member

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipso View Post
Is there a "recommended" net? More along the lines that doesn't need any thing major done to get it installed.
I got this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B011O..._st_dp_summary

Very simple and only required removing plastic fasteners and replacing with supplied books and bolts.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 04-11-16, 08:55 AM   #100
thedru13
Master Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Car: 2015 CWP STi Limited
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

thedru13 will become famous soon enough

Love the build. My car is very similar. Maybe I missed it but have you had this tuned yet? Curious what sort of numbers your car is making. I just did my flexfuel, injectors, rails, and ELH. Got my car pro tuned and our builds are very similar.. I have to say I may never run pump gas again.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement