#1 · (Edited)
My 2019 STi S209:

My 2018 WRX-STi Type RA

Attachments

See less See more
#179 ·
Re: My 2015 STi Launch Ed.

Almost 14k miles Oil Service:

[URL=http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc348/ajpogi24/Mobile%20Uploads/668407B5-03AF-4B67-8A05-9CF5A301C60C_zpsxvor0gak.jpg]Image Link
[/URL]

And also 2k miles (after install) brake inspection:

[URL=http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc348/ajpogi24/Mobile%20Uploads/088464DE-1E7E-4F9B-8D4D-18A3C3EFFE3B_zpsjkd0vemg.jpg]Image Link
[/URL]

**While doing the oil change a while ago, i re-torqued the LH and RH motor mounts and they are really loose! (This was mentioned i think in the GR forums about motor mount needs re-tightening). Tighten the bolts to 40 lb-ft. After the service noticed reduced low speed driving clunk in the front suspension area..I'm glad i checked this one..woot!

Are you tracking your car? The drilled rotors can fracture under high load/ heat. It's better to stick with slotted only. Just a heads up.

#186 · (Edited)

Just arrived...Raceseng Translucent Finish Ashiko Shift Knob:

Special thanks to my buddy z3o for showing me this awesome shift knob!

Anytime man, anything to help a bro out! And spend more $$$? LOL...You're gonna love the Ashiko, it feels 100% better imo...

Man you and joejoe69...really making me crazy with the gauge cluster! Looking great! I can't wait to do it, but I gotta pace myself hahah.

#191 ·
#193 ·

What do you think of the quality of the STI sports oil filter over the Black Tokyo Roki Filter. I know you cant really tell by just looking at it but was wondering your initial impression. I cant find specs on it. Same size, internals look better? Also I noticed you have the STI coolant cap(1.3 bar) on the coolant resevoir. Any problems noticed with this as the original cap is supposed to be lower pressure(1.1 bar) than the radiator cap(1.3 bar) to allow the venting and recirculation to the turbo charger to effectively work after shutdown. If you shut the car off hot and listening to the turbo area you should hear the coolant sloshing around?

#194 · (Edited)

What do you think of the quality of the STI sports oil filter over the Black Tokyo Roki Filter. I know you cant really tell by just looking at it but was wondering your initial impression. I cant find specs on it. Same size, internals look better? Also I noticed you have the STI coolant cap(1.3 bar) on the coolant resevoir. Any problems noticed with this as the original cap is supposed to be lower pressure(1.1 bar) than the radiator cap(1.3 bar) to allow the venting and recirculation to the turbo charger to effectively work after shutdown. If you shut the car off hot and listening to the turbo area you should hear the coolant sloshing around?
STi sports filter and Black OE Tokyo-Roki Oil filter looks similar in size:

STi Sports filter is much better due to the filter media is held by screen mesh as you can see in this shot:

Subaru OE Tokyo-Roki

STi Sports Oil Filter for EJ $21.67
https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/10210

Subaru OEM Tokyo-Roki Oil Filter $19.93
https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/18128

Both Filters are excellent, pick your choice.

I have two STi radiator caps one in the turbo reservoir and one in the radiator, performs ok to me and no issues. I dont hear any sound on my radiator/turbo area after shuting off the engine.

Hope this helps.

#199 ·

Gloss black it looks like? I am looking at the side badges from subispeed for my WRB. I was torn between gloss and flat black, both with red lettering. Leaning towards matt black but still not sure. Looks good.
Thanks! It is gloss black, matt black looks good too with red sti letters. I was suppose to get the oe badge from the hyper blue series today, i only got a part number but not yet available in my local subie parts store.

#211 ·

I need one of these...I need a jdm armrest extension too...just give me your car already lol! nice find as always dude...

Just arrived: JDM coin box assembly

Another "minor" interior detail subaru did not include in our USDM models.

Before: Rattling coins while driving here and there inside my center console upper storage..

After install and moving all my coins to the JDM coin box..

Lid closed:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.