IW STi Forum banner

Hat Trick! 3 codes at once.

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Soltis187 
#1 ·
So, I was doing some spirited driving the other day and the check engine light began flashing:eek:. I pulled over immediately and used my AP to check the codes. Actually, first I looked under the hood for anything obvious like smoke or an overwhelming smell. After not seeing or smelling anything I looked under the car. Nothing down their either. I got back in the car and checked the codes. I stated P3000, P3003 and P3004. All list as misfires. I'm guessing P3000 is the general misfire and 3003 and 3004 are cylinders 3 and 4. I cleared the codes and waited a few minutes. I started the car and waited 5 minutes and got out and looked at the engine. It didn't look like it was shaking or anything off-balance and the code did not come back. I've been driving like an old woman ever since and haven't see anything irregular. Could this have just been a hiccup of some sort?

#6 ·
A compression test was performed when the plugs where replaced. I requested it for just piece of mind since I'm not the first owner. The engine passed the compression test. I don't have the results.

The fuel is only a few weeks old. Unfortunately, I was not data logging at the time.

I won't be able to troubleshoot anymore since the vehicle will be stored for winter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.