Master Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: CBS '16 STI
Fav Mod: Driver mod
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

raisingAnarchy will become famous soon enough
Default Oil Temp sender options

Hey everyone, I'm trying to figure out which is the better option. I have the Perrin oil temp and oil pressure gauges, and am using the front galley plug for oil pressure and the oil pan drain plug with a Killer B adapter for oil temp.

Do I replace the sender Perrin included with a longer sender? Or give in and buy a sandwich plate?

The Perrin temp sender was clearly built for use with their oil filter sandwich plate, but the consensus across the forums is that's not really the right spot for a temp sensor (or pressure sensor for that matter). The perrin sender is a bit short and I've searched online quite a bit, looking at Autometer, Summit Racing, Pegasus parts, etc trying to find another temp sender that might thread into the same setup, but reach farther into the pan.

My measurements of the three parts of the setup include the drain plug, brass probe, and sensor probe, all of which add up to the brass probe not extending into the pan farther than the threads of the drain plug, and the sensor itself not reaching the end of the brass probe itself. Check out these pics for reference.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-19, 03:11 PM   #2
killerbmotorsport
Oil Temp sender options
Feedback Score: 12 reviews

Car: Blue 05 WRX STi
Fav Mod: It's all good
My Subaru Parts for sale

killerbmotorsport is a glorious beacon of lightkillerbmotorsport is a glorious beacon of lightkillerbmotorsport is a glorious beacon of lightkillerbmotorsport is a glorious beacon of lightkillerbmotorsport is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Oil Temp sender options

It seems like you may be overthinking it. I don't see anything wrong with the setup in those pics.

Keep in mind the pan is exchanging oil at a fairly high rate (RPM dependent) so you get a fairly consistent temp anywhere in that pan that is in contact with the oil. Even with the sender recessed oil is still going to flow into that area constantly.

OEM Oil Pickup Failures vs. The Ultimate Oil Pickup

World's Best Performing Air Oil Separator

Brushed Delrin Shift knobs - Grab Our Knobs - It's Good Shift! CLICK HERE!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement