IAG TGV Delete & ID 1050X Cold Start Issue - Page 2 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
IAG TGV Delete & ID 1050X Cold Start Issue
IAG TGV Delete & ID 1050X Cold Start Issue
Go Back   STI Forums > > > IAG TGV Delete & ID 1050X Cold Start Issue

Old 08-19-17, 08:03 AM   #11
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future
Default Re: IAG TGV Delete & ID 1050X Cold Start Issue

I think you need a new tuner.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-17, 07:29 PM   #12
Viro
Joined the Conversation
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Viro is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post
I think you need a new tuner.
I second this. My car had literally the same build and never had this issue. ?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-21-17, 02:43 PM   #13
OMGHI!
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: Silver 2005 STI
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

OMGHI! is on a distinguished road

Kind of going to piggyback off of this.
2005 STI:
Catless DP, intake, ID 1000s, Walboro 255 fuel pump (or whatever the most popular number is now), IAG TGV deletes, Aeromotive FPR. Got the injectors and TGV deletes installed and on a cold start the car's idle will dip twice. During this dip, it drops below 1000RPM and the car leans out completely, according to the wideband gauge. Also shakes a bit as the idle drops. It does this twice, back to back (RPM dip, then rise, then dip, then rise) and then idles fine, like clockwork. On a warm start there is no issue at all.

Is this a tuning issue or the classic "hunting idle" that can come with TGV deletes?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-17, 03:14 PM   #14
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

Tuning.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-23-17, 05:13 PM   #15
JSR84
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

JSR84 is an unknown quantity at this point

TVG Deletes with IDX1050's here as well. Cold starts like stock. Tuning.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-31-17, 05:00 AM   #16
STi_1212
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

STi_1212 is on a distinguished road

Issue Resolved. Jason, blurred & jsr you were all right it was directly related to the tune. Had it gone over from scratch by a new tuner with some fresh eyes (Justin @ Definitive Tuning).

Thanks to everyone who helped and provided some insight it was greatly appreciated.

Old 08-31-17, 05:23 PM   #17
TheLegend
Advanced Contributor Level 2

Car: WRB 09 WRX STI
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

TheLegend will become famous soon enough

Just realized I'm having the same issue. I've gotten use to it, is there any long term harm with the car doing this at start up? Same deal as previously hunts for idle for about a few seconds then is fine. I don't know if I want to go back to the previous tuner to get it corrected. Already had multiple issues in the past and not sure if it's worth hiring someone else to retune the car.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-06-17, 06:02 AM   #18
STi_1212
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

STi_1212 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
Just realized I'm having the same issue. I've gotten use to it, is there any long term harm with the car doing this at start up? Same deal as previously hunts for idle for about a few seconds then is fine. I don't know if I want to go back to the previous tuner to get it corrected. Already had multiple issues in the past and not sure if it's worth hiring someone else to retune the car.
My tuner said there is no detriment to result from it. Perhaps all you need is a fresh set of eyes on it. Mine does it still but very slightly, meaning over a much smaller rpm band range (~300rpm) as opposed to ~1000-1200rpm. Everything else looks bang on otherwise but I will keep a close eye on it when temps drop below zero.

Old 09-06-17, 10:45 AM   #19
blacknblue06STI
Account Inactive

Car: Black, 06' STI
Fav Mod: ACT Monolock
My Subaru Parts for sale

blacknblue06STI has a spectacular aura aboutblacknblue06STI has a spectacular aura about

I wouldnt delete the Tumble generator valves on a daily driven car that sees a cold start up every morning. The uneven mixture distribution without them is going to cause driveability issues until the intake heats up enough to correct the mixture to the combustion chamber, you can also get wet fuel in the intake until it warms up enough to vaporise properly and that can lead to increased cylinder wear from being overly rich. The tune is just going to modify the mixture when cold, it still wont prevent the type of potential wear when cold that I am talking about and as you stated the TGV's arent restriction airflow enough to be worth removing unless your shooting for 800 horsepower or something and every possible minute restriction eliminated is the goal.....if you live in a climate that is cold I wouldnt bother removing them, but since you already did it and the tuner is not able to eliminate the driveability issue 100% you might want to put them back and gain power from a different mod or as others are suggesting try a different tuner and see if they can smooth it out when cold.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-06-17, 10:50 AM   #20
blacknblue06STI
Account Inactive

Car: Black, 06' STI
Fav Mod: ACT Monolock
My Subaru Parts for sale

blacknblue06STI has a spectacular aura aboutblacknblue06STI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGHI! View Post
Kind of going to piggyback off of this.
2005 STI:
Catless DP, intake, ID 1000s, Walboro 255 fuel pump (or whatever the most popular number is now), IAG TGV deletes, Aeromotive FPR. Got the injectors and TGV deletes installed and on a cold start the car's idle will dip twice. During this dip, it drops below 1000RPM and the car leans out completely, according to the wideband gauge. Also shakes a bit as the idle drops. It does this twice, back to back (RPM dip, then rise, then dip, then rise) and then idles fine, like clockwork. On a warm start there is no issue at all.

Is this a tuning issue or the classic "hunting idle" that can come with TGV deletes?
others with tuning experience can chime in but removing the TGV's is going to cause a rich condition when the engine is cold on first start up each day, especially in cold weather, the A/F guage is reading lean because the computer is trying to compensate for the wet fuel(too rich) that is present due to the poor mixture distribution to the cylinders with the TGV's gone.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement