2013 STI - CEL with P0341 code, how serious of a problem? - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
2013 STI - CEL with P0341 code, how serious of a problem?
2013 STI - CEL with P0341 code, how serious of a problem?
Go Back   STI Forums > > > 2013 STI - CEL with P0341 code, how serious of a problem?

Old 02-25-17, 05:58 PM   #1
fpsdrop
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

fpsdrop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2013 STI - CEL with P0341 code, how serious of a problem?

2013 sti, with 43k miles on it, second owner, bone stock besides a invidia n1 catback. Long story short, was going on my usual drive to work driving around 65-70 going up a steep incline and as I was attempting to make a takeover on another car I accidentally downshifted from 6th to 2nd (i know im stupid as shit, lack of attention and being too hard on the stick I guess) and caused myself to redline and was met with the immediate jerk and stutter for half a second before I realized my mistake.

Not soon after I get the dreaded solid CEL + VDC with flashing S drive + Cruise light. Pulled over, stopped the car, waited for 10 mins, restarted and same CEL problem and went on my way to work. Thankfully I didn't notice anything too drastic except for the fact that my car was in limp dick mode for the remaining 15 mile commute. Besides that the car was running fine I guess? engine temps appeared to be good, no further jerk or stuttering, no jerking while in idle.

After work I dropped by the local autozone to see if I could at least get a code for the problem and found the error to be a P0341 OBD2 error code - Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance.

Unfortunately today's a Saturday and none of the Subaru dealerships won't be open until Monday. After doing some research on google and such it seems I'm having trouble finding any other info concerning the P0341 for the STI specifically. One thing's for sure I'm making a trip out to the dealership ASAP once Monday comes, just my question is how serious of a problem is this? The nearest dealership is roughly around 50 miles away and I'm deciding whether its worth it to get towed on over as to prevent any further damage or if I'm safe to make the drive on over.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-17, 12:02 AM   #2
fpsdrop
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

fpsdrop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2013 STI - CEL with P0341 code, how serious of a problem?

Quick update.

Went in for the noc shift tonight and when I went to start my car there was no CEL. Still drove it lightly around for the first 20 or so miles then pushed the car a bit towards the last 5 miles or so.

Anyways no new changes. Car is still running smooth, temps appear to be fine, oil levels all good, everything seems pretty up to par so far.

After this shift I'm going to plan to drive a bit more just to see if the CEL will turn on again. Either way still shooting for Monday to go to the dealership. Hopefully I'll just pay to run the $150 diagnostic on Monday and be on my way and hope that nothing is wrong with the car. Fingers crossed.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement