Best DD turbo upgrade for 2005 STi - Page 3 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Best DD turbo upgrade for 2005 STi
Best DD turbo upgrade for 2005 STi
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Best DD turbo upgrade for 2005 STi

Old 02-11-17, 03:50 PM   #21
8cd03gro
Advanced Mastery Level II
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

My Subaru Parts for sale

8cd03gro is a jewel in the rough8cd03gro is a jewel in the rough8cd03gro is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Best DD turbo upgrade for 2005 STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKomonosky View Post
Well, I didn't want to spend a whole lot. . .
Run far, far away.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-17, 07:22 AM   #22
blacknblue06STI
Account Inactive

Car: Black, 06' STI
Fav Mod: ACT Monolock
My Subaru Parts for sale

blacknblue06STI has a spectacular aura aboutblacknblue06STI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I've owned a 2005 STi for close to 2 years now and although I'm still absolutely in love with it, I'd like to make a little more power. The car has only been daily driven but I would like to make it to some track days really soon. I don't want a crazy amount of power and I don't want to spend an insane amount of cash on additional mods. I've heard and read about so many different opinions on what turbos to get that I thought I might as well make a thread of my own. I currently have a catless exhaust, COBB intake, and a tune for them. Thanks in advance for any help.
Sounds like you want to try a bigger turbo. So, why not? You didnt say if you have a 3" downpipe, only that you have a catless exhaust, so a high quality 3" downpipe is mandatory. You can get used 3" catless downpipes for 250-300 and an accessport for 550-575 on sale, I paid 550 for mine. So to get the traditional "stage 2", you need a true 3" downpipe whether catless or not,but catless is MUCH cheaper even though it will realisticly only give 5 more horsepower over catted assuming it is tuned spot on for it.

So if you already have a high quality 3" downpipe and the Cobb AP, and or a high quality reputable custom tune, and you want a turbo with more potential then cobb has a turbo out that is getting great reviews and they supply all the matched parts and I think can even email you a tune for your specific install which is very convenient.

So it does sound to me like you are seriously considering a turbo upgrade, and the cobb, or the dom 1.5 would do it and honestly why not upgrade the top mount as well and get a grimm speed upgrade that also flows and cools the charge better than the stock STI intercooler.

Its what these cars are all about so you can't go wrong.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-25-17, 03:13 PM   #23
EjDriver
Advanced Contributor Level 1

Car: White 06 STi
Fav Mod: Full Race 35R/RFMIC
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

EjDriver is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I've owned a 2005 STi for close to 2 years now and although I'm still absolutely in love with it, I'd like to make a little more power. The car has only been daily driven but I would like to make it to some track days really soon. I don't want a crazy amount of power and I don't want to spend an insane amount of cash on additional mods. I've heard and read about so many different opinions on what turbos to get that I thought I might as well make a thread of my own. I currently have a catless exhaust, COBB intake, and a tune for them. Thanks in advance for any help.
Why not just take it to the track. You might find WOT insane on a track.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-17, 04:56 PM   #24
blurred
Advanced Contributor Level 3

Fav Mod: GTX2867R
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

blurred will become famous soon enough

I think I have exactly the setup you want. Read my build thread for ideas.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement