Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Car: 2008 STI
Fav Mod: MadDad Whisperback
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Sikk Boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Installing OEM Wastegate Solenoid

I had a shop install an MBC on my 2008 STI before my tune (the tuner preferred this over an EBCS). In doing so, they remove the OEM solenoid and placed it in the MBC box. Fast forward and I'm now in the process of selling my car and that entails me taking some of it back to stock (exhaust, MBC, tune). Can someone do me a favor an answer two questions for me:

(1) Am I missing anything? The picture below [posted in my 2nd post] is what the shop returned to me after installing the MBC. Is this all the OEM lines / parts needed? I noticed the hose on the t-connect is snapped so I picked that up at subaru (for $100!!!). I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything else.

(2) Can someone share a diagram of how to hook the OEM back up? I basically need someone to take a photo of their engine with the OEM installed, and circle all the connection points and hardware.

Thanks in advance.
-SB

Last edited by Sikk Boy; 10-04-15 at 09:42 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-15, 08:53 AM   #2
Sikk Boy
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Car: 2008 STI
Fav Mod: MadDad Whisperback
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Sikk Boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Installing OEM Wastegate Solenoid

Ok, so no need for an engine bay picture. I found a vid for an EBCS that gave me almost all the info I need, but I still have a couple of questions and an updated image below to help.

(1) Am I correctly assuming the T is connecting to the "inside" solenoid hose? [see picture]

(2) Does it matter which hose I connect to the compressor vs wastegate coming off the "T"? I can't tell if there is a restrictor pill in either.

Thanks in advance!
-SB

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement