aarhine4
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

aarhine4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Misfire on all cylinders

Looked at some of the other misfire threads didn't seem to find one, quite like mine. 2012 been running fine for 60k miles cobb with stage 1 on it. Was driving to work and all of a sudden I got harsh studdering to the point of almost stalling. I limped it back home and today when I started it seemed to run better but definitely still something going on. Cobb said misfire on all cylinders and 2 more codes i really wish I had, they didn't have descriptions though. Talk to the local subaru repair shop(not subaru but all he works on) said possible timing belt, taking it back saturday and having him drive it hopefully he will know what is going on. Any help would be great though.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-15, 10:31 AM   #2
Jay11STI
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Car: 2011 SWP STi Sedan
Fav Mod: EWG & The Look On Your Face
My Subaru Parts for sale

Jay11STI has a spectacular aura aboutJay11STI has a spectacular aura aboutJay11STI has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Misfire on all cylinders

Now a days a misfire of any sort is just broad. I think if you were able to tell us that what the other 2 codes were, im sure we could help out a little more. It is possible that the car jumped timing but i would think the belt or a cam gear would damaged if timing in fact was changed.
I would check fuel quality first. Its possible you could have gotten a really really bad batch of fuel. If possible try and get a fuel sample. Collect it in a clear jar and see if its contaminated with anything. If there is water in the fuel then it will visibly separate after sitting for a couple of mins.

Last edited by Jay11STI; 09-26-15 at 10:35 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-26-15, 10:40 AM   #3
CNY_STI
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Fav Mod: EFI Logics Tune
My Subaru Parts for sale

CNY_STI is a jewel in the roughCNY_STI is a jewel in the roughCNY_STI is a jewel in the roughCNY_STI is a jewel in the rough

My personal guess is fuel pump if there have been no major changes, especially if it gets worse higher in the revs.

You should be able to Google the other two codes and see what they are also.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-15, 10:57 AM   #4
stisteven
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Fav Mod: Hood Dampers!
My Subaru Parts for sale

stisteven is an unknown quantity at this point

My misfires were weird and went on for a year, I replaced the bpv gasket, and the y pipe gasket, new spark plugs, new tune. For there was another time my car sputtered and died and I would start it would idle rough and die. Didn't throw a code, a week later the same thing happened, driving 70mph on the highway my car shut off. That was the scariest thing I experienced in my car. I was stranded on the side of the highway for 3 hours. This time it throw a code and it was my fuel pump.

I had a friend who thought he had a blown turbo, so he bought a new turbo, here he had a blown off coupler. So problems are not always worse case scenario, it can be little dumb things.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-27-15, 11:58 AM   #5
farmboss
Advanced Mastery Level II

Fav Mod: Everything that is actually an improvement over the stock part.
My Subaru Parts for sale

farmboss is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stisteven View Post
My misfires were weird and went on for a year, I replaced the bpv gasket, and the y pipe gasket, new spark plugs, new tune. For there was another time my car sputtered and died and I would start it would idle rough and die. Didn't throw a code, a week later the same thing happened, driving 70mph on the highway my car shut off. That was the scariest thing I experienced in my car. I was stranded on the side of the highway for 3 hours. This time it throw a code and it was my fuel pump.

I had a friend who thought he had a blown turbo, so he bought a new turbo, here he had a blown off coupler. So problems are not always worse case scenario, it can be little dumb things.
To bad you didn't have a fuel pressure gauge...You would have caught it alot sooner
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-27-15, 04:31 PM   #6
aarhine4
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Sorry for late reply, I don't get on the internet much on the weekends, had the mechanic drive it he seems to think turbo. However when I build ~6 pounds of boost and then my a/f goes to ~20/1 which I know way too high, so I'm leaning more towards your guess of fuel pump, also through a bank 1 running lean fault code this weekend. Thanks for you the help
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-27-15, 08:39 PM   #7
CNY_STI
Advanced Mastery Level I

Fav Mod: EFI Logics Tune
My Subaru Parts for sale

CNY_STI is a jewel in the roughCNY_STI is a jewel in the roughCNY_STI is a jewel in the roughCNY_STI is a jewel in the rough

Turbo???...I might look into another shop...none of the symptoms point to a turbo issue unless you are puking oil into the intake manifold.

Especially as soon as boost starts to build you go crazy lean, that screams fuel issues.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 09-27-15, 10:30 PM   #8
aarhine4
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Well just driving it feels like a turbo issue but I told him it was going way lean but he seemed to ignore mwith so fuel seems like a likely cause?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-28-15, 12:44 PM   #9
farmboss
Advanced Mastery Level II

Fav Mod: Everything that is actually an improvement over the stock part.
My Subaru Parts for sale

farmboss is on a distinguished road

Check fuel pump for proper voltages and resistance under certain loads. The accesport has a duty cylce for the pump it should. I'd check that out...

Did you happen to get a fresh tank of gas before this happened?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-28-15, 02:36 PM   #10
mheyman
Gold Member

Fav Mod: Camber Camber Camber
My Subaru Parts for sale

mheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of light

I'd check fuel pressure. That will clear the whole fuel pressure system
Could be as simple as an air leak on the boost side of the FPR

If you think you should have lower r's at cruise you're in the wrong car

I become a more loyal IAG customer every time I drive my STI
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement