rough sound when normally accelerating - Page 2 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
rough sound when normally accelerating
rough sound when normally accelerating
Go Back   STI Forums > > > rough sound when normally accelerating

Old 09-19-15, 09:16 PM   #11
simon.poirier03
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

simon.poirier03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: rough sound when normally accelerating

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1monQc View Post
Is the car protuned?

What tune/fuel are u running?

Hello from Montreal
I'm on 94 octane from petro-canada! The car was tune at lachute performance with an ecutek license , and this is where I'm going to get the car check!

I don't boost the car and I'm shifting below 3000rpm!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-15, 04:39 PM   #12
Noximus
Advanced Mastery Level II
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Fav Mod: 2015 STI Steering Rack!
My Subaru Parts for sale

Noximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of light

Damn, another Simon from Quebec.

Since your AF Learning values are normal, I would say it's definitely the fuel stumble that our GRs are famous for.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-21-15, 04:56 PM   #13
simon.poirier03
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noximus View Post
Damn, another Simon from Quebec.

Since your AF Learning values are normal, I would say it's definitely the fuel stumble that our GRs are famous for.
Yes another Simon from quebec aahah!

That was my first taught! I will buy what I need this week for the fuel line and just bring everything to lachute performance. They must have seen this already!

Thank you for your advice! It's really appreciated.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-15, 05:07 PM   #14
S1monQc
Master Contributor Level 2

Fav Mod: EWG
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

S1monQc has a spectacular aura aboutS1monQc has a spectacular aura about

I'm not a big fan of "fuel stumble kits" myself... You might want to ask Stéphane to have a look at the tune and do some correction if possible...

Or if you can afford it, I would upgrade the fuel system as it should (upgraded FPR +/- fuels rails, etc)

Have you been using your A/C a lot lately? My car runs a bit weird when the A/C is on... I turn it off 99% of the time and I put ventilation only The car behaves perfectly that way!

My 2 cents

Simon
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 09-21-15, 05:12 PM   #15
Noximus
Advanced Mastery Level II
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Fav Mod: 2015 STI Steering Rack!
My Subaru Parts for sale

Noximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of lightNoximus is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1monQc View Post
Or if you can afford it, I would upgrade the fuel system as it should (upgraded FPR +/- fuels rails, etc)
^^ This.

The fuel stumble quick fixes as I like to call them have worked for some, but have had more failures than success' from what I've read. If you want to fix the stumble, do it right the first time and go for FPR and Fuel Rails.
Likes 2 Dislikes 0

Old 09-22-15, 06:03 AM   #16
bboytaktix
Advanced Mastery Level III

My Subaru Parts for sale

bboytaktix has a spectacular aura aboutbboytaktix has a spectacular aura about

Petro 94 isn't really the BEST 94 out there, but the only place with it here. I would tune for 91 aggressive personally and use 94 in it anyways. Their 94 contains up to 10% ethanol.

check this thread discussing the two grades in more detail on montrealracing (troll central); Shell V power (91) Vs Petro Canada (94) octane

Shell V-power 91 is really good shit though.

Also, welcome simon#2 from Montreal, where I also reside :P

Finally, hope you're ready to spend a pretty penny at Lachute when you bring your car there :P
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 09-22-15, 06:01 PM   #17
simon.poirier03
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I talked to Daniel at lachute today. I was thinking of doing the quick fix + a tune. I asked him to do a leak test and check the ignition system to. I know it's going to cost me a bit more at lachute but I trust them!

I'm not running the a/c! I like the rumble to much ahhah!

I'm still debating to get a tune on 91 thought. I'll ask the guys at lachute monday what they think! I've read the whole 9 page but there so much disinformation loll!

Is there another place I should consider taking my car to next time?

I'm glad to see so many locals on iwsti! By far, imo, the best forum out there!
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 09-22-15, 06:26 PM   #18
S1monQc
Master Contributor Level 2

Fav Mod: EWG
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

S1monQc has a spectacular aura aboutS1monQc has a spectacular aura about

Not many shops around, no..

I have always prefered having a 91 octane tune (Shell) since the 94 is only in Montreal area and I have red somewhere that Petro Canada 94 octane wasn't as good winter vs summer, etc.

I would stick to whatever is safer since you're on Ecutek, so I guess you don't have an Accessport to monitor for knocks and other parameters...
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 09-23-15, 11:20 AM   #19
bboytaktix
Advanced Mastery Level III

My Subaru Parts for sale

bboytaktix has a spectacular aura aboutbboytaktix has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.poirier03 View Post
I talked to Daniel at lachute today. I was thinking of doing the quick fix + a tune. I asked him to do a leak test and check the ignition system to. I know it's going to cost me a bit more at lachute but I trust them!

I'm not running the a/c! I like the rumble to much ahhah!

I'm still debating to get a tune on 91 thought. I'll ask the guys at lachute monday what they think! I've read the whole 9 page but there so much disinformation loll!

Is there another place I should consider taking my car to next time?

I'm glad to see so many locals on iwsti! By far, imo, the best forum out there!
yes, the MontrealRacing thread has a ton of trolls and mis-information. But the basis is, a tune on 94 is risky here in Quebec because the only place that has 94 is Petro, and it isn't 'legit' 94; unless you have a really good tuner who will tune you on Petro's 94, but even still, I would play it safe with a proper 91 tune. I have never heard anyone complain about Shell's 91, most, if not all, agree it is the best gas out there. I work in the petroleum industry so I can confirm that all these stations get their gas from the same place, however, they add different additives to it, some better/more effective than others, and they refine it to the minimum required specs of each grade (87, 89, 91), any extra refining is a bonus.

Unfortunately, at this point, the only 'subaru-performance-oriented' shop near Montreal is Lachute. I feel like most people have a love-hate relationship with them. Many love them, many have been turned off by them. Hard to tell. I can't comment other than the fact that I find them steep in pricing. They are more pricey than the dealerships on a per-hour basis by 15-20%, which I find a lot. They have some good technicians though, or so I have heard. You'll have to do your own research and decide for yourself if you like them or not. We are kind of screwed here, as the Toronto/ontario area has a few reputable shops, whereas we only have one for our subies that really caters to us (aka lachute)
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 09-29-15, 04:35 PM   #20
simon.poirier03
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

I got my car back from lachute today! The stumble is now gone. It turn out to be one of my tgv that was bad! I never taught of that.. They also change my diff and transmission oil! I was really impressed with they're services. They even lent me a stage 2 Sti as my replacement car!

The compression test and leak test was great, not more than 5% all around, so it's a big relief !

Thank you for all your help!

-Simon
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement