Threw a rod. Help me choose a new engine. - Page 4 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Threw a rod. Help me choose a new engine.
Threw a rod. Help me choose a new engine.
Go Back   STI Forums > > > Threw a rod. Help me choose a new engine.

Old 03-05-15, 10:22 AM   #31
Fear-No-Evo
Master Contributor Level 2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: PBP 2011 STILimited
Fav Mod: spending tons of money on mods, then buying a new sti every 3 yrs!!
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Fear-No-Evo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Threw a rod. Help me choose a new engine.

I believe IAG offers a warranty if they build and install the motor! To be honest, I don't know why every shop wouldn't warranty a motor build, if they build, and install it, and either tune it, or look at the existing tune on the car. If a shop won't warranty a motor that they build, install, and tune.... They are not confident in their own abilities, and therefore would be scratched off the list if it were my build!! Its pretty sad to keep seeing peoiple spend $10-$20,000 on a complete build at a shop, and then getting completely screwed when the motor goes again, sometimes in just a few hundted miles!
BTW, AMR is surely on the list of scumbag companies not to trust with your Subaru!!
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-15, 12:56 PM   #32
mheyman
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Fav Mod: Camber Camber Camber! Power! Wide ratio gearing! The rest is just support :)
My Subaru Parts for sale

mheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of lightmheyman is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
Go to IAG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerNJ View Post
So I just talked to Pete at SCR and they will install a prebuilt engine, but as expected, if anything goes wrong, they will not take responsibility. Since the engines that they build themselves don't have any kind of real warranty, I am not sure how big of a problem this is. Are there engine builders out there that will waranty a built motor? . . . Looking into Ralispec, Performance Auto Solutions, AMR, and Element... any other shops in the northeast that anyone would recommend for a big job like this? Anyone have any other experience with engines built or tuned by these guys?
No one I know of offers an actual warranty.

I'm in the same boat time wise. I would build today. IAG hasn't gotten me an estimate/quote or schedule. I think I have a close to a dozen emails and a long phone conversation during the last month. Ralispec has never even answered one email, and I've made several inquiries of the last three years.

Frustrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear-No-Evo View Post
I believe IAG offers a warranty
No they don't. Info obtained firsthand. They say they stand behind their work, but no written or official warranty.
IMHO, to justify its' price, the S209 needs to perform at least as well as my moderately powered 05 built beater, and even that might not convince me to buy one cause my next STI isn't likely to be moderately powered.

I'm putting IAG back in here. Engine wise the car hase been trouble free for 56K. My STI is nearing the 60K minimum JJ led meto expect from a 2618 piston equipped block and it's still running strong.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-05-15, 01:00 PM   #33
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant futureyamahaSHO has a brilliant future

<--- Builds my own shit.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement