AMR Hard Turbo Inlet! - Page 5 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
AMR Hard Turbo Inlet!
AMR Hard Turbo Inlet!
Go Back   STI Forums > > > AMR Hard Turbo Inlet!

Old 10-30-10, 11:06 AM   #41
AutoMaster
Account Inactive
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: Subaru Performance
Fav Mod: Worlds Quickest & Fastest STi's!!
My Subaru Parts for sale

AutoMaster is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: AMR Hard Turbo Inlet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coop1103 View Post
Well, the inlet just does not want to fit on this size turbo...Now I got to go get a Perrin. The Coupler needs to be longer or something...
Coop1103,

Easy Fix

The coupler is too far on the inlet. Slide the silicone coupler back to the turbocharger and clamp it to the compressor housing with the clamps provided. The other end of the coupler should be exactly 1" onto the turbo inlet. Enough room to fit the 1/2" worm clamp.

Also, do not bolt the inlet down to the intake manifold until everything is connected on the "tail end" of the inlet.

P.S.:
No need to go onto every forum just now to post this same comment.
Next time just shoot us an email or give us a call.

-Rob
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-10, 11:09 AM   #42
coop1103
Master Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Car: 2007 STI Limited
Fav Mod: E85
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

coop1103 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AMR Hard Turbo Inlet!

Thank you!!!....I will try? Can you be reached at a number at this time?? lol
2007 STI Limited Cobb Stage 2 Protune E85 DW 850cc Injectors Helix Catted HeaderWrapped Downpipe Perrin Single Tube Catback Gruppe-S Unequal Wrapped Headers Exhaust K&N Short Ram Typhoon Intake Gunblue 18x8.5 Gram Light 57 Maximums wrapped in KuhmASX RCE Yellows 235/40/18 Cobb 25mm Rear Sway Bar 05 Tails SPT Short Throw Shifter Seibon CarbonFiber V-Limited Lip Carbon Fiber Black Mesh Grille (4 Piece) Painted Headlights 30% Tint All Around ACT Street Clutch ACT Lightened Flywheel
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-30-10, 11:11 AM   #43
AutoMaster
Account Inactive

Car: Subaru Performance
Fav Mod: Worlds Quickest & Fastest STi's!!
My Subaru Parts for sale

AutoMaster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by coop1103 View Post
Thank you!!!....I will try? Can you be reached at a number at this time?? lol

No worries. If we are not in the office, we definitely will return your email!

-Rob
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-10, 01:01 PM   #44
munjaxm2
Becoming A Contributor

Car: 12' STi Limited WRB
Fav Mod: E-85
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

munjaxm2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Like stated above this Piece of Pipe is a real bastard, it sucks in everyway as far as fitment. Yes it works great but PITA to make it work.

Issues that i found on this pipe when i installed it on 2006 sti are:

-Turbo inlet coupler/silicone is too short and not enough room to get the clamp on properly, it is also being pushed onto by TGV corner and a breather hose that doesnt allow for easy install.
-It also hits another TGV corner closer to the front of the engine and makes it hard for intake manifold to sit in place.
-the hole that pipe bolts to the intake manifold is way off and has to be cut to fit the manifold in place
-the nipples are also misplaced and makes it hard for the Purge valve hose to connect to it because manifold hits it
-the dents that are in AMR pipe have no real affect on 2006 as they are in wrong spots. they really dont help clear power steering banjo bolt or any other.

Overall it is a real bastard pipe to install gains are minimal as i had it dynoed before and after and had no gains. and i am running DOM 3 XTR with 2.5 inch inlet

TIP for others concerned stick with the stock pipe its not that bad and it wont collapse as others exaggerate. i would say you can run up to 450WHP with stock pipe

if anyone wants pictures of the spots that have issues due to poor engineering let me know
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-30-10, 01:02 PM   #45
07 Flt4bxr
Advanced Mastery Level III
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Fav Mod: Crawford
My Subaru Parts for sale

07 Flt4bxr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoMaster View Post
Coop1103,

Easy Fix

The coupler is too far on the inlet. Slide the silicone coupler back to the turbocharger and clamp it to the compressor housing with the clamps provided. The other end of the coupler should be exactly 1" onto the turbo inlet. Enough room to fit the 1/2" worm clamp.

Also, do not bolt the inlet down to the intake manifold until everything is connected on the "tail end" of the inlet.

P.S.:
No need to go onto every forum just now to post this same comment.
Next time just shoot us an email or give us a call.

-Rob
ya i hate how guys flood all the forums and talk shoup about a vendor because they THINK the part doesnt fit or work right...pisses me off. its best to just call/email the vendor to figure it out...
the vendor will be very thankful and will do more to help out as well...its what i always do.
AMR

My Journal

Always from a dig, rolls are for bakeries....

Crawford FTW!!

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-30-10, 01:08 PM   #46
BlueGoldSti
Advanced Contributor Level 1

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueGoldSti is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by munjaxm2 View Post
Like stated above this Piece of Pipe is a real bastard, it sucks in everyway as far as fitment. Yes it works great but PITA to make it work.

Issues that i found on this pipe when i installed it on 2006 sti are:

-Turbo inlet coupler/silicone is too short and not enough room to get the clamp on properly, it is also being pushed onto by TGV corner and a breather hose that doesnt allow for easy install.
-It also hits another TGV corner closer to the front of the engine and makes it hard for intake manifold to sit in place.
-the hole that pipe bolts to the intake manifold is way off and has to be cut to fit the manifold in place
-the nipples are also misplaced and makes it hard for the Purge valve hose to connect to it because manifold hits it
-the dents that are in AMR pipe have no real affect on 2006 as they are in wrong spots. they really dont help clear power steering banjo bolt or any other.

Overall it is a real bastard pipe to install gains are minimal as i had it dynoed before and after and had no gains. and i am running DOM 3 XTR with 2.5 inch inlet

TIP for others concerned stick with the stock pipe its not that bad and it wont collapse as others exaggerate. i would say you can run up to 450WHP with stock pipe

if anyone wants pictures of the spots that have issues due to poor engineering let me know
Dude, seriously you need to take it to a professional shop. My buddy had his 2006 STi worked on at a shop in ohio and they installed the AMR turbo inlet because the perrin was clapsing. It fits like a glove. I will get a picture from him on his engine bay to show you.

I also guess all of the pictures on page 4 of the different years installed are all wrong as well.

Some people should spend the extra money and pay to get it installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 Flt4bxr View Post
ya i hate how guys flood all the forums and talk shoup about a vendor because they THINK the part doesnt fit or work right...pisses me off. its best to just call/email the vendor to figure it out...
the vendor will be very thankful and will do more to help out as well...its what i always do.
AMR

++++++++1

I always do this as well. I remember when I had my mustang and I was installing an edelbrock manifold. The wholes were not lining up at all. Instead of posting on the forums and burning bridges, I called them up and they told me verbaly step by step what I was doing wrong. A ten minute phone conversation made the install 1/3 of the time then i already spent.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-30-10, 04:15 PM   #47
munjaxm2
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGoldSti View Post
Dude, seriously you need to take it to a professional shop. My buddy had his 2006 STi worked on at a shop in ohio and they installed the AMR turbo inlet because the perrin was clapsing. It fits like a glove. I will get a picture from him on his engine bay to show you.

I also guess all of the pictures on page 4 of the different years installed are all wrong as well.

Some people should spend the extra money and pay to get it installed.

++++++++1

I always do this as well. I remember when I had my mustang and I was installing an edelbrock manifold. The wholes were not lining up at all. Instead of posting on the forums and burning bridges, I called them up and they told me verbaly step by step what I was doing wrong. A ten minute phone conversation made the install 1/3 of the time then i already spent.

I would love to see the shop fit this in there like glove without any issues or hard time. Its not happening, and you really have no room to talk unless you been there and done it. This is my observation to others that are concerned of possible issues that they will run into. Take it for what its worth
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-30-10, 04:28 PM   #48
munjaxm2
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-30-10, 04:30 PM   #49
munjaxm2
Becoming A Contributor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-30-10, 04:30 PM   #50
BlueGoldSti
Advanced Contributor Level 1

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

BlueGoldSti is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by munjaxm2 View Post
Me and 07 Flt4bxr just went through this lol. Instead of posting on a forum, shoot AMR an email. Like they said in previous posts, they are more than happy to help out the community. They will let you know what is up.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement