Old 10-09-07, 05:12 AM   #1
Chris05STi
Platinum Member
Feedback Score: 35 reviews

Fav Mod: Every single one!
My Subaru Parts for sale

Chris05STi will become famous soon enough
Default Aeromotive FPR + Install pieces

As I sit here and plan out my turbo upgrade, I read about the Aeromotive FPR, and feel why not throw it into my list of parts needed. Well, as I searched the web, I found that companys offer the kit with the FP guage and even an install kit including all the SS lines needed for the install. Are there any companys out there that do the same the STi? Anyone know who sells these pieces? Basically I am asking for a complete kit that will install the Aeromotive FPR with the guage (liquid filled) and all the SS lines needed. If anyone has any info or even pics of their setup, post please...thanks.
2002 Midnight Black Pearl Subaru WRX
1986 Black Chevy Camaro

On Order:
My Journal
JDM Ballers Club Member #6
642WHP on e85, 484WHP& 408WTQ on pump (Conservative Tunes)
Tuned at EFI Logics
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-07, 05:28 AM   #2
Neanderthal Racing
'do right & fear no one"
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: $20. mudflaps from auto zone
My Subaru Parts for sale

Neanderthal Racing is just really niceNeanderthal Racing is just really niceNeanderthal Racing is just really niceNeanderthal Racing is just really nice
Default Re: Aeromotive FPR + Install pieces

i don't think anyone makes a complete kit, chris. i know you can get everything you need for it at summit.

i have a pic of my aeromotive fpr with the n2o2 solenoid in the first post of my thread. i'm using a defi fp gauge. it's a pretty straightforward install.

stupid bruce tricks:
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-09-07, 05:39 AM   #3
Turbineguy
Platinum Member
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Car: '06 WRB
Fav Mod: Liquid Thermal Management
My Subaru Parts for sale

Turbineguy is on a distinguished road

I've run a rising rate FPR in some other cars but it doesn't seem to be a popular mod on STIs. I know that higher fuel pressure gives better atomization at the injectors but in my experience most of the time they're used to get more fuel flow out stock sized injectors when FI is added. What would be the benefit on a setup that has a properly sized fuel system (besides the better atomization)?

"It's not a throttle-it's a detonator." -Jeremy Clarkson

"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines." -Enzo Ferrari

"Give a man fire and he is warm for a day, set him on fire and he is warm his whole life."-Terry Pratchett

T-Gs AIR TO WATER INTERCOOLER BUILD THREAD:
https://www.iwsti.com/forums/water-me...tercooler.html
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-07, 05:52 AM   #4
Chris05STi
Platinum Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

I heard something about the 1:1 ratio of fuel pressure (????) and its easier for the tuner. The guage I was talking about was the one that mounts directly onto the FPR. Its a good thing to get if you have the extra cash, can't see why it would hurt though....
1986 Black Chevy Camaro

On Order:
My Journal
Tuned at EFI Logics
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-09-07, 06:06 AM   #5
KhanhD
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Fav Mod: EWG FTW
My Subaru Parts for sale

KhanhD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris05STi View Post
I heard something about the 1:1 ratio of fuel pressure (????) and its easier for the tuner. The guage I was talking about was the one that mounts directly onto the FPR. Its a good thing to get if you have the extra cash, can't see why it would hurt though....
1:1 ratio means that for every PSI manifold pressure increases, fuel pressure is increased 1 PSI over the base pressure.

The stock WRX/STi FPR is a RRFPR. It bases at 43PSI(?), then rises 1PSI for every PSI of boost you are running..

Old 10-09-07, 06:29 AM   #6
Tortfeasor STi
Advanced Mastery Level V
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: '08 335xi Coupe
Fav Mod: Jeremy Clarkson's Toyboata
My Subaru Parts for sale

Tortfeasor STi is on a distinguished road

Interesting. I know in the domestic world that when you add a rising rate FPR that the purpose is to finely adjust the fuel mixture and to richen up the mixture as cylender pressures increase. My mustang, when it was running a 10# vortech had a similar setup with a secondary boost a pump to help increase the fuel pressure along with it. But I always thought this was because the old mustang computers were too crappy to tune them electronically. Like swapping a fuel system was a matter of putting in a new MAF tube that corresponded with the injectors you were using and that tricked the ECU to running properly on a higher then stock power level.

I would imagine that a properly sized fuel system on a car like the STI which you can custom tune the ECU would not have any need of a rising rate fuel presure regulator as you can simply add extra fuel to the mixture electronically without the mechanical trickery. The benefit being that you then don't need to run inline fuel pumps and crazy PSI in the fuel system like you did in the old school return fuel system. For that matter, I have no idea if the STi is even a return-line based fuel system that can use such a system.
First Car: '88 626 Turbo
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-09-07, 06:39 AM   #7
Turbineguy
Platinum Member
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Car: '06 WRB
Fav Mod: Liquid Thermal Management
My Subaru Parts for sale

Turbineguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortfeasor STi View Post
Interesting. I know in the domestic world that when you add a rising rate FPR that the purpose is to finely adjust the fuel mixture and to richen up the mixture as cylender pressures increase. My mustang, when it was running a 10# vortech had a similar setup with a secondary boost a pump to help increase the fuel pressure along with it. But I always thought this was because the old mustang computers were too crappy to tune them electronically. Like swapping a fuel system was a matter of putting in a new MAF tube that corresponded with the injectors you were using and that tricked the ECU to running properly on a higher then stock power level.

I would imagine that a properly sized fuel system on a car like the STI which you can custom tune the ECU would not have any need of a rising rate fuel presure regulator as you can simply add extra fuel to the mixture electronically without the mechanical trickery. The benefit being that you then don't need to run inline fuel pumps and crazy PSI in the fuel system.
This was my line of thinking coming from gen3 Camaros. My '88 is running a rising rate FPR with a Vortec S-trim. However if there is another purpose for running one on an STI I'm all ears since I'm now tuning my own car and trying to optimize my setup with an FP 18g and DW 740 injectors. I went with the 18g for auto-x and I know the DW 740s are more than enough to feed it but I tune more for spool and torque than hp and if an FPR can have an effect on this I'm game.

"It's not a throttle-it's a detonator." -Jeremy Clarkson

"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines." -Enzo Ferrari

"Give a man fire and he is warm for a day, set him on fire and he is warm his whole life."-Terry Pratchett

T-Gs AIR TO WATER INTERCOOLER BUILD THREAD:
https://www.iwsti.com/forums/water-me...tercooler.html
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-09-07, 07:07 AM   #8
WolfPlayer
Platinum Member
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

My Subaru Parts for sale

WolfPlayer is on a distinguished road

I went with the SX Performance Regulator over the Aeromotive regulator. The diaphragm design appears to be better (IMHO). Here are a couple pics of mine (not instsalled yet).

If you are using the stock rails then you'll need to chop out the stock regulator, intercept the fuel return line and run it to your new regulator, and then send it back to the hard fuel line. This is actually fairly easy if you use push-lock (socketless) hose (instead of braided line).

www.bescaredracing.com - /sti/fuel/pressure/regulator/sx_performance/15404/hose/

t
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-09-07, 12:32 PM   #9
Chris05STi
Platinum Member

My Subaru Parts for sale

Wolf...believe there are advantages for this type of system? If so, want to make me a set that will just plug and play!?
1986 Black Chevy Camaro

On Order:
My Journal
Tuned at EFI Logics
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 10-09-07, 04:05 PM   #10
RacerXS
Advanced Mastery Level III
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

Fav Mod: Dyslexia
My Subaru Parts for sale

RacerXS is an unknown quantity at this point

I went with the Aeromotive unit with a liquid filled gauge, the install was very easy really. Just tap it into the fuel line & run the vacuum hose to the intake manifold.
The stock rails were replaced with Perrin v2's & the stock regulator was removed when I did the engine.

It's a relatively inexpensive upgrade that gives you the ability to monitor & change your FP if need be, another tool to help you tune is not a bad thing.

The only downside I could see, is that it is another thing that can go wrong. But it so simple, I doubt it would.

Wolf - I'm lovin your clean looking setup ^^^

Last edited by RacerXS; 10-09-07 at 04:10 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement