IW STi Forum banner

Revs bouncing on idle. Not high idle from cold start.

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  WRX4ME LE 482 
#1 ·
This isn't the normal my revs go to 1500 thread. For the past two days when I start my car it bounces revs between 1500 and 2300~. Its stage 2 07 STi. Anyone have any ideas before I go to work?

Ryan

#6 ·
I was one of the unlucky ones who lost cylinder 4 at 5000 miles. I had it replaced under warranty and flashed a stage 1 break in map across the street from the dealership. At 900 miles I readded a carted tbe, dw 650's, and retuned. It now has 13,000 miles and its done it a couple times. It isn't puffing smoke out the oil cap. You can feel the pressure out of it, and it hasn't burned a drop of oil in the ~2,500 miles since I changed it. How do I clean the maf? Some one told me denatured alcohol on a swab?

#9 ·
Does it do this on occasion, or constantly?

When Im sitting waiting for mine to warm up, itll sometimes stay almost still, and sometimes itll bounce like that. It's never constant though.

Also, is the A/C on when this happens? This will happen when the compressor cuts on and off.

#10 ·
I had something similar, I had the air filter box open from the back (not fully closed). The two tabs were not secured in the back of the box.

Check that out!!

#11 ·
Its random. It will only be on some cold starts. It bounces so erratically up to 2,300 rpms. Its not all the time but only in the morning because my car never gets left off during the day with the errands I run.

I'm gonna clean the maf tonight and get back to you.

#12 ·
I have had mine do this rarely and randomly. I dont remember it happening even once in the winter though. It might be related to the heat and our maf settings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.