IW STi Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

*** Warning Points/Infraction System FAQ ***

14K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Kevin 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Q: What is this warning system?
A: The warning system is a tool used by moderators and administrators to warn and discipline users who violate forums rules.

Q: Why did you implement a warning system?
A: A software warning system was implemented to replace the extremely tedious manual warning system the mods used to use. Not only is this new tool invaluable to the moderators, but it is also a great advantage for members as well since they can now view their warnings and warning points and can see how far away they are from receiving disciplinary action (i.e. temp ban, perm ban, etc.).

Q: What is this warn thing I see in my UserCP?
A: This shows you in a percentage how far you are away from being disciplined (i.e. temp ban, perm ban, etc.)

Q: How does the warning system work?
A: The warning system is based on 25 points. There are different point assignments for different violations. When a user reaches 25 points they are banned for a time period set by the moderator or administrator that gave them the last warning.

Q: What are the warning point assignments?
A: Point guideline assignments are listed below. Please note that this list is not all inclusive and that this is only a guideline as the moderators and administrators have the ability to give more or less points for a particular action.

1 - Misleading Link (linking an to a URL not described in the link description)
1 - Non-Compliance with "For Sale Requirements"
1 - Failing to Contribute Failing to contribute to the community in a positive manner (not including valid, constructive criticism)
1 - Signature Size Over Forum Limits (image(s) and or text over 500 pixels X 200 pixels combined total size)
3 - Dodging the Swear Filter
3 - Posting in the Wrong Forum (outside that forum's descriptions)
3 - Spamming/Multiple/Cross Posting (with the exception of Private For Sale Classifieds and the Hot eBay Links forums)
5 - Posting Inappropriate Content (Not Work Safe outside the off-topic forum and not labeled "NWS" in thread title)
5 - Intentionally Dodging "For Sale Requirements" (posting for someone that doesn't fit requirements) - 5 points are assigned to both members involved
10 - Disrespect Towards Forum Leaders (this includes via private messages)
10 - Racist/Prejudice Remarks
10 - Vending Without Paid Vendor Status (Please contact Kevin via PM to discuss becoming a vendor)
15 - Flaming (hostile and/or insulting interaction)
50 - Troll / Spam Bot Ban
All repeat offenses start off as double their initial values.

Q: How do I know if I've been warned?
A: Not only will you see your warning in your UserCP, but you should receive a private message stating that you received a warning, how many points you received, and the reason for the warning.

Q: I have warning points but I never received a private message.
A: Make sure you have private messaging turned on. If so, the moderator or administrator may have forgot to have the warning system send you a private message regarding the incident.

Q: Do warning points expire?
A: Yes. Moderators have agreed to a 180 day period. We wanted an expiration period where members could be held accountable for violations over a long period of time but yet to not have a violation stay on a member's record forever. If for some reason you have a violation that has no expiration please PM any moderator and they will edit it to expire 180 days from the day it was issued.

Q: What happens if I reach 25 points?
A: You will be banned for a time period set by the moderator or administrator that gave you the last warning. Your warning history will be used to determine whether you will be banned for a specific time span or permanently.

Q: Who can see my warning points?
A: The only people who can see your warning points are you, moderators, and administrators. Other members cannot see them, they can only see their own.

Q: What happens if I commit the same offense twice?
A: You will be assigned double the point value for that particular infraction. (i.e.: Signature offense = 1 point, second Signature offense = 2 points, third Signature offense = 4 points, etc.)

Q: Why was I given more points for an offense than what is listed in the guidelines?
A: Either you have committed the same offense more than once or the moderator felt there was a good reason to give you more points than what was listed. Please remember that the warning point guidelines are just that, guidelines, and that the moderator or administrator has the final decision in how many points you are given.

Q: Why was I warned when the offense I committed is not even listed in the warning point guideline?
A: The list is not all inclusive. It would take too much time to list all the violations you could be warned for, and as stated before, the warning point guideline is a guideline for moderators and administrators to use when assigning warning points. If you commit an action that is more severe than an offense listed in the guideline, then most likely you will receive more points than what is listed, but it is up to the moderator or administrator to make that call.

Q: What if I believe I was unjustly warned?
A: Please contact via private messaging the moderator or administrator that warned you. If for some reason you can't come to a resolution with a moderator please contact an elite moderator or administrator.

Q: If I do get banned, how long will I be banned?
A: Most bans time limits vary. Troll bans will most likely be permanent and users who are given a timeout (a period of time for a user to cool off) are banned for 24 hours. Please note that moderators take into account all the warnings on your account and that multiple offenses are likely to get you banned for a longer time than just a one time mistake.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I am posting the forum rules for the convenience of our members. The rules are enforced via the infraction system (see the Infraction System FAQ).

Forum Rules

Becoming a register member on IWSTI is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below.

IWSTI.com is meant for owners and enthusiasts of STi vehicles, but anybody is welcome so long as they are not here to cause trouble.

Administrators and Moderators reserve the right to edit or remove any inappropriate or problematic content on the forums.

This is a public forum which must remain family-friendly. As such, posting of sexually explicit materials or other adult content is prohibited including images or videos containing Strategically covered nudity, Sheer or see-through clothing, Lewd or provocative poses, Close-ups of breasts, buttocks, or crotches. If you see it, report it immediately.

Any questionable material should be reserved for the Off-Topic forum and anything that potentially Not Work Safe (bikini models on your car, loud flash animations, video clips containing profanity, etc) MUST be labeled as such with NWS in the title, such as "NWS: Sharon poses in a bikini on my STi."

The views and opinions expressed on the forums are not necessarily those of IWSTI, its owners, administrators, or moderators.

No profanity is allowed. The forums use a “swear filter” to block common profanity. Using alternative methods of spelling these blocked words (symbols, etc) will be handled as problematic posts.

Please avoid cross-posting. If you are posting similar content from another forum, this is allowed, but posting the same content in more than one place on our forums should be avoided. Please pick the most relevant spot to post your content and put it there. You will find the forum descriptions helpful in making the decision to post your content.

The board has an ALL-CAPS filter (attempts to write an entire title line or post in ALL-CAPS results in the words being auto-cased ("All-Caps" instead of "ALL-CAPS") however excessive use of capslock in a manner that the filter doesn't catch it may result in your post being deleted. Additionally, excessive "elite" style typing is not allowed.

All posts should be made in the correct forum for the topics they address. If it doesn't relate to STi ownership, modification, or operation, it probably belongs in Off-Topic.

Trolls are not welcome on the forums and will be banned as soon as detected.

We will not tolerate personal attacks on any member of the forums. No flame wars allowed and please refrain from insulting other members.

Always be considerate of your fellow STi enthusiasts. The membership is comprised of people of all varieties. Please keep this in mind when posting. No ethnic, racial, religious, or sexual "bashing" will be tolerated.

Street racing posts must be posted in the Off-Topic forum or not at all. We cannot support illegal street racing in any way, shape or form and allowing street racing content in the regular forums would be asking for trouble.

Posts that contain items for sale or items wanted to buy must be posted in the Classifieds forum OR in the correct regional forum. Such posts must abide by the for sale rules which appear in a stickied thread at the top of the private classifieds forum.

User names, signatures or locations that contain company names or URL’s to websites with parts, service or items for sale are not allowed unless the user is a REGISTERED Vendor. Vendors who wish to promote a product or products must be registered with a Vendor status. Information on becoming a vendor can be obtained by writing to info@iwsti.com.

Vendor fees and donations pay for operating costs of this website and keep it fast and free for all other members. Because of this, unregistered vendors who post self-promotional information hurt the IWSTI. Please report any advertising by non-vendors. If you are a registered vendor and have another username on this board, please only post advertisments, vendor-related information, and the like using your registered vendor account.

Any content posted on or created for IWSTI.com is the property of IWSTI.com and its legal owner(s). You agree that you will in way or capacity do anything to delete, remove, or modify such content with the intent to harm IWSTI.com or the community. You also understand that these rules will change from time to time and that your continued use of IWSTI.com represents your agreement to the new set of rules. If you have any questions, please contact the staff by using the Contact Us page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.