2008 STi - Broken welds + hatch damper (metal on metal squeak)... *RESOLVED[?]* - Page 6 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
STI Products
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
2008 STi - Broken welds + hatch damper (metal on metal squeak)... *RESOLVED[?]*
Go Back   STI Forums > > > > 2008 STi - Broken welds + hatch damper (metal on metal squeak)... *RESOLVED[?]*
Welcome to IWSTI - The world's largest Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum!
Welcome to the IWSTI.com Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum.

You are currently viewing IWSTI.com as a guest, which limits your ability to access discussions, ask technical questions, and learn more about the Subaru Impreza WRX STi models. Join for free today and unlock full access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, share content, and access many other special features. Join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see this welcome message.

Old 08-16-11, 08:05 AM   #51
Deek
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Fav Mod: BIG MEATY TIRES
My Subaru Parts for sale

Deek will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 2008 STi - Broken welds on rear roof support (metal on metal squeak)...

I dropped the car off at the dealership this morning and they put me in a Legacy loaner vehicle which was ready to go so I wasn't late for work again.

I'm not sure why, but they didn't check it in like they have every other time I've dropped it off. Usually they check odometer and write up a work-order for me to sign. I documented the odometer reading and reminded them that the brakes are brand new and haven't been bedded yet so they'd know to take it easy on them.

Update: I just spoke with the service manager and they didn't check it in and create a new work order because the one from last week is still open.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-16-11, 08:14 AM   #52
edusti
Master Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 08, STI
Fav Mod: suspension upgrades
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

edusti is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2008 STi - Broken welds on rear roof support (metal on metal squeak)...

good luck!!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-16-11, 04:30 PM   #53
Jasrace
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 2015/16STI???
Fav Mod: 36DD silicon gel implants?
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Jasrace is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate it for you. Now they put dents in your car? I would have came unglued.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-17-11, 12:18 PM   #54
Deek
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeksmooth View Post
I'm not sure why, but they didn't check it in like they have every other time I've dropped it off. Usually they check odometer and write up a work-order for me to sign. I documented the odometer reading and reminded them that the brakes are brand new and haven't been bedded yet so they'd know to take it easy on them.

Update: I just spoke with the service manager and they didn't check it in and create a new work order because the one from last week is still open.
This concerned me a bit, especially after someone with experience in dealership service departments contacted me after reading this. I just called my SOA rep and let her know that I believe a new repair order should (have been) be created for them taking another possession of the vehicle... Just for sake of proper documentation.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-17-11, 02:03 PM   #55
swedishSTile
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Car: 09 Basalt Blk Cayman
Fav Mod: ENDRtune
My Subaru Parts for sale

swedishSTile is an unknown quantity at this point

Do we possibly see a resolution in sight??? Finally? Good luck, keeping our fingers crossed for you!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-17-11, 02:16 PM   #56
Deek
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Yes, a resolution seems to be in sight, I hope anyways. I would prefer to have this fixed and enjoy my Subaru than have it continue and deal with litigations.

I forgot to mention, yesterday I stopped by the auto body shop that is taking on the repair. The owner was up front and I chatted with him a bit about their business and the situation I was in. I got a good 'vibe' from him and he seemed to be a perfectionist (his wife teased him about it), which put me a little at ease. They've been in business in the valley for 30 years, and in his current location for 20 years. The front of the shop was clean and organized and they presented themselves well.

As I was there, the service manager coincidentally pulled up with my car and we all took a look at it. He didn't seemed concerned about the type of repair and noticed the two dings I mentioned while we were talking without me having to point them out. So he's got a good eye ... it's the little things that put my mind at ease.

At this point we're still on schedule for a Friday completion, though when I asked the service manager if he was going to have this new shop handle the dings, he said that he wasn't sure. I'll be calling to check in tomorrow, might even stop by the auto body shop on lunch if time permits. I'd be interested to see more than just the front area of their shop.

Last edited by Deek; 08-17-11 at 02:20 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-17-11, 10:42 PM   #57
swedishSTile
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Car: 09 Basalt Blk Cayman
Fav Mod: ENDRtune
My Subaru Parts for sale

swedishSTile is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeksmooth View Post
I'd be interested to see more than just the front area of their shop.
Yeah, its probably one of those clean up front, chop shop in the back type of deals. Your car is probably already in mexico by now

Only kidding. Glad things are getting worked out. This has been an almost unreal saga to read!!

Keep us posted
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-18-11, 10:47 AM   #58
Deek
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

I spoke with the service manager today, the shop has performed repairs and he is going to test drive the vehicle to listen for any squeaks. He said he thinks he might have heard something, but the interior roof liner is currently removed. I suggested that he take it to a nearby road that isn't in the best shape. The few times that I've driven this road to visit my fiance for lunch, it caused a symphony of squeaking noises.

He also informed me that they're going to be handling the dings above the small third driver side window while it's in their possession.

I'll probably stop by the shop on lunch to see where we're at, but the service manager said that he'd call me later with an update.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-18-11, 03:19 PM   #59
vinz0r
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

vinz0r is on a distinguished road

Been lurking around this thread but meant to ask you something: Do you have video/soundbite of the squeaking? I'm curious as to how it sounds... Thanks and I hope that your car gets fixed.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 08-18-11, 03:26 PM   #60
Deek
Advanced Mastery Level I

My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinz0r View Post
Been lurking around this thread but meant to ask you something: Do you have video/soundbite of the squeaking? I'm curious as to how it sounds... Thanks and I hope that your car gets fixed.
I don't, I'm sorry... I have actually thought of doing this but never made the time to do it. It was enough for the service manager to hear it and be able to recreate on his own.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0