FS (USA,TX): TX: 2005 CGM STi Fresh Build, $24,500 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
STI Products
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
Go Back   STI Forums > STi Marketplace > Cars For Sale > Used STIs For Sale > FS (USA,TX): TX: 2005 CGM STi Fresh Build, $24,500
Welcome to IWSTI - The world's largest Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum!
Welcome to the IWSTI.com Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum.

You are currently viewing IWSTI.com as a guest, which limits your ability to access discussions, ask technical questions, and learn more about the Subaru Impreza WRX STi models. Join for free today and unlock full access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, share content, and access many other special features. Join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see this welcome message.

Old 01-27-12, 04:56 PM   #1
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: CGM 05 STi
Fav Mod: Cracked Ringland
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

jds05sti is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TX: 2005 CGM STi Fresh Build, $24,500

For sale is my 2005 CGM STi. The car has just recently undergone a motor rebuild with some extras. I have a lot of $ invested in this car, and will be taking a huge loss any way I cut it. That being said, the asking price is firm. I am asking $24,500 for a car that books at $20k stock with the 62k mi that are on the odometer. The extra 4,500 will get you about $14k worth of upgrades that currently have about 1,000 mi on them. I realize mods don't add worth, but I refuse to lose my *** anymore than I already am. The car will be listed until it's sold, and I will enjoy it until that time. The car has stock suspension and appearance. It does have the auto-dimming compass rear view, the center console extension, and the factory boost gauge. Everything else is listed here:

New OEM Shortblock
CP forged pistons w/ 9.1:1 CR
New OEM heads, mild street port job
New oversized valves
OEM valve springs
ARP Head studs
TGV Deletes
Killer B pickup tube w/ windage tray
New timing belt
New water pump
Modified oil pump for high flow
New spark plugs
Modified injectors for 750cc flow
Wahlbro 255lph fuel pump
Perrin up-pipe
Invidia catless downpipe
Perrin 3 inch catback
Custom short ram intake
Perrin turbo inlet hose
new southbend HD clutch (great on the street so far)

The car is currently running a base tune during the break in period. The car is running low boost and a reduced redline. At 1500 mi I will have the car re-tuned and allow the car to reach it's potential. If by some chance someone does buy the car before the final tune, I will drop the price by $500. The car does have replacement stock potenzas with plenty of life left on them. The coolant and refrigerant is new with the rebuild, and the tranny and rear diff fluid was changed at 60k. This is my second STi and I have done my best to take care of it. The motor has a hint of piston slap on a cold start, but once warm it is quiet and smooth and really wants to rev.

I have receipts for the work performed. The interior and exterior are clean for the cars age, nothing out of the ordinary. Just a stock looking STi with a bit of $ under the hood and a ton of potential. Car would just need a turbo and some cooling to make big power at this point as everything on and around the motor has already been addressed. I believe that someone is going to get a really sweet deal and I hate to see it go. But as it goes, my loss your gain. Ask me why I'm selling it, and I will tell you that it's just to save some money. I will also be selling my wifes 2009 Forester XT. We are simply looking to reduce our expenses so we can relocate out of Texas soon. I have nothing to hide and am willing to answer any and all questions.

Please either msg me on here, email me @ akers_@hotmail.com, or call me 281.674.5560. Please leave a message and I WILL call you back ASAP. Thanks for your interest.

jds05sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-12, 04:56 PM   #2
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: CGM 05 STi
Fav Mod: Cracked Ringland
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

jds05sti is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TX: 2005 CGM STi Fresh Build, $24,500

jds05sti is offline   Reply With Quote