|01-29-12, 03:18 PM||#1|
Becoming A Contributor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1995 Subaru Impreza 2.2L L AWD 4EAT 165k Miles
1995 Subaru Impreza 2.2L L AWD
Located on Daniel Island, SC
What's up guys and gals? Up for sale is my 1995 Impreza L. I am looking to sell this car before April to help fund my new STi purchase, but I won't be able to let it go as my daily driver for at least another 8 weeks or so. Just wanted to preface this post with that before getting into the details.
So let's get to it. The car is a 1995 Subaru Impreza 2.2L AWD L Sedan. The car came with cruise control, manual doors, windows, and seats back in the day. It originally had only an FM radio, but has been replaced by a Pioneer head unit. As you can see from the pictures, I've been using some crappy old FM transmitter to listen to my iPod over FM, which I can include with the sale as well . The best feature on the car are the 18x7" O.Z. Racing Superleggera wheels.
Let's do a pros/cons list:
- Fairly low mileage for the age.
- No rust anywhere. None. Nada. Zip.
- Cold AC (when it's working well), and a good heater.
- Engine feels strong and has no leaks AFAIK.
- The wheels! They are in great shape overall. They definitely could do with a new finish, maybe a nice powdercoat? Only one wheel has any rash on it, and it is the wheel pictured below. As you can tell, it's very light rash and could be easily repaired when painting/finishing.
- The tires are nearly brand new. I think I purchased the new set in October and they have no more than 1000 miles on them.
- Paint maybe? The car has been a couple of different colors over the years, so I guess we can count that as a negative and that this isn't the original paint.
- As mentioned above, occasionally the AC will cut off when the car is not in motion. I'm not very mechanically inclined, so I'm not sure why the AC only works when the car is moving and sometimes not when it is stopped, but I'm fairly confident that this isn't a serious problem and could be fixed on the cheap.
- Belts will need to be done soon.
- Right side view mirror is cracked at the bottom. Never bothered me so I never replaced it, but I'm sure it would be cheap to do as well.
- Passenger door key hole is not operational. The result of this is that the only door that can be unlocked from the outside is the driver's side. Annoying yes, but never really been a big deal to me.
If I think of any more I'll update these lists. Overall though, the car is in pretty good shape for it's age. It needs some TLC to be tip-top, but I just didn't want to spend any money on these issues knowing that I'm about to put that money towards a new Subie.
Anyway, here she is!
Last edited by Kangaroo128; 02-22-12 at 05:04 PM.
|New To Site?||Need Help?||More|