IW STi Forum banner

Car Meet/Show in Central NJ!!! May 4h @ 1PM!~

26K views 645 replies 59 participants last post by  Chinky_Sti 
#1 · (Edited)
Sunday, May 4th at 1pm!!!

Alright, its time to get things rolling again. It has been awhile since I have been to any car meets, and the weather hasn't been that bad. I have a highschool friend who owns a Detailing Shop. He has lots of room for parking, and NO PROBLEMS with the cops. He told me we can host car meets/shows on his property on a Sunday. Just need to get an idea if you guys/gals will want to do this.

ALSO, he told me to let you know that if you wanted to get your car washed he will do it for $25 CASH! If you would like this, please come earlier, like 11am'ish or before. That includes:
1. Complete hand wash
2. Clean the tires/rims with wheel dressing
3. Spray wax
4. Vacuum
5. Clean the windows

CN: We need to have meets again, and its at my friend's Detailing shop.

Here is the address:

Valhalla Detailing
60 Oceanport Avenue
Little Silver, NJ, 07739

I would like to get a head count on people DEF interested and that would like to come. This will be held on a Sunday, if you have an idea on a Sunday that will be good, let me know. I will update a list here. So who is in????

******************************************************************************************************
FYI:
Please respect the local speed limits. You will be driving in relative small towns with big police departments. Aslong as you obey the speed limits/laws they won't harrass you. Please don't try and rev the exhaust or make attention to yourself. Its small towns, big police departments, expensive houses, so just think what kind of cops they have. Aslong as your driving nicely, they are fine with everybody. Nothing to be scared about, just letting you know.

THE LIST!!
-Midnit
-M.K. STI
-CKSTI
-|AciD|
-PartySTi
-Chinky_Sti
-Chinky_Sti's Friend
-Renns
-Mac323
-Fulcrum019
-Billy (Aka the Biggest NooB ever)
-Donnie
-Wreckless Hype
-Subadrifta06
-Subadrifta06's friend
-Vnasty86
-MacSTi

See less See more
#315 ·
Re: Car Meet/Show in Central NJ!!! Jan 27th @ 1PM!

Yah it was nice, only a handful of cars came. I am hoping more come this Sunday!!!! I will be bringing my STi for this upcoming meet!

#317 ·

Not a problem...I will most likely be at a Super Bowl Party, so we prob won't have a meet this Sunday because of the game, all agree?

#322 ·

PartySTi vs some Dodge Magnum with "398whp" :lol:. So you guys/gals still want a meet this Sunday or schedule it for the following Sunday?

Micah, I can meet with you sometime Saturday or something for the Cobb AP, let me know.

#324 · (Edited)

that kid with the magnum was a joke. I think he loves the look of my tailights
Motor Trend had the Magnum SRT8 run the quarter mile,13.1 at 108.2

2008 Dodge Magnum SRT8 - First Drive - Motor Trend

4250 pounds at 425hp/420tq

Subaru Impreza WRX STI - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The STI weighs 3350 lbs.

Equalizing the power via weight using the old addage of 100 lbs = -10hp, we get to knock 90hp thanks to 900 lbs of extra weight. 425hp - 90hp = 335hp. Seeing as a Cobb Stage 2 STI is claimed at 345hp, this makes things pretty close. But factoring the driveline losses of AWD as compared to the driveline losses of RWD - I would still put my money on a stock SRT8 for a highway run. Assuming the kid can produce a dynosheet proving he's got more power on tap then stock, I think he should be given a chance to prove that his transmission is not allowing a manual downshift.

Oh, and feel free to chime in with the "run what you brung" type logic if you feel the need for a crutch. I'm not denying that the kid lost the race, I'm simply stating that I think his transmission "woes" have merit.

#325 ·

Last edited by Micah : 01-30-2008 at 05:03 PM. Reason: dropping knowledge like a librarian prone to seizures

^funny stuff.

Maybe the Charger guy shouldn't try racing with a bad trans, lol.

If he gets it fixed and wants to go again lemme get a shot at him :)

#326 ·

Last edited by Micah : 01-30-2008 at 05:03 PM. Reason: dropping knowledge like a librarian prone to seizures

^funny stuff.

Maybe the Charger guy shouldn't try racing with a bad trans, lol.

If he gets it fixed and wants to go again lemme get a shot at him :)
Eh, he seemed pretty young. It seemed to me that he would fall into the category of "Mom/Dad with the financial assist FTW!". Not that there is anything wrong with that, hell I wish my folks had the resources to hook me up at a young age with a sweet car. Then again, I appreciate what I have more for working to earn it.

Bill, I have no doubt your car would kill that Magnum SRT8.

#327 ·

^He is very young, he doesn't even own the car really, he shares it with his MOM! He drives a Jeep Cherokee when the weather is bad and shares the Magnumn with his mom. Bill your car will take a dump on his car without any problems.

Micah, let me know if you want to meet up this week for the $ drop;).

#328 ·

^He is very young, he doesn't even own the car really, he shares it with his MOM! He drives a Jeep Cherokee when the weather is bad and shares the Magnumn with his mom. Bill your car will take a dump on his car without any problems.

Micah, let me know if you want to meet up this week for the $ drop;).
Saturday works for me, I'll give you a call when I wake up early Saturday afternoon.

#330 ·

Humm havent been out in a while is this every sunday, cant this sunday the game but maybe next?

#332 ·

Yeah, where has that cop been these days? LOL, you should come next week after the game.

Returning to the topic of SRT-8 Magnum...I think it would have been closer had the STI been stock. But then again, I believe the SRT-8 wasn't stock either so enh. Maybe he needs to get his tranny fixed, or maybe he shoudl jsut drive a car with a manual trans. Whatever, I think the SRT-8 is a pretty solid family wagon with added pep. My only complaint against that kid's car was the excessive use of stickers/emblems all over the back. A little too much adversiting of parts and it's gaudy. He shoudl probably just debadge everything off of it.

I'd be up for a meet the weekend after the superbowl. Maybe I'll get her detailed this time.

#333 ·

So does everyone not want to meet this upcoming Sunday, and meet the Sunday after Super Bowl Sunday?

#335 ·

Alright so we will NOT have a meet this Sunday, but the following Sunday (After Super Bowl Weekend).

#339 ·

Spray on tan? Terrible.

Meet next week, not this week. Good stuff.

Micah, perhaps get rid of the hair before your court appearance. You look like one of two things:
1. Tech Geek who I worked alongside with at CompUSA back in high school
2. Angry plumber.

#340 ·

I figured there was no better example of the gotti hair. I grabbed that from Google's image search.

There's an old wrestler, name sounded like denby or dunby or something, but I can't find him - he had the exact same thing I have right now.

This is pretty close though:

#342 ·

Alright alright, lets keep on topic here......Meet will be set for the next Sunday: Feb 17th at 1:00pm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.