IW STi Forum banner

2004 sti 399whp/456 trq-68hta

11K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  KRN_FED 
#1 ·
for anyone curious about the power the new forced performance 68hta can put out. Mods are
Walbro 255 fuel pump
850cc injectors
Frontmount intercooler
Full turboback exhaust
Spt intake
Agency power inlet

Switched to e-85 fuel, getting tuned right now at tobz performance tuning here in denver on washington and,73rd. Will update later

#8 ·
I know of one 68hta that is doing 400 whp on an airboy on E85, which reads about the same as a Mustang dyno, but I am sure it was cold outside when the run was done.

I would estimate the average 68HTA with FMIC and E85 and supporting mods is capable of a good 360-370 or more on a Mustang dyno at sea level in 70-80F temps.

25 psi, sure mine will do 25 psi, but it tapers off as you get to higher rpms. The most I have ever seen on a 2.5 liter is 22 psi at red-line.

#20 ·
No he hasn't. Many people post up high reading airboy's so it would be easy to assume they read high.

I find if you take the time to use it properly (like any tool) it reads very close to a none compensated Mustang dyno.

I find many tires are smaller in diameter then the advertised sidewall height. I also find that it is really easy to assume you have more weight in your car then you really do.

I have had people assume that there butt plus all the junk in there car is 600 lbs, when it is likely closer to 350 or less.

It is very easy to cheat on some variable, cause a higher number makes us feel warm and fuzzy.:)

#33 ·
oh my bad. . . .but still thats some crazy numbers for such a small turbo

Incorrect, an airboy dyno if used correctly (measuring tires, weighing car, etc...) reads almost spot on with a Mustang.

Back when PDX had their Mustang dyno (pre-surgeline tuning days) when a 20G on 92 pump made 315 whp and a FPG on pump made 330 whp max, I made 322 on an AVO380 w/ meth, and I did road logs all the way home. Read within 2 or 3 whp of that dyno

I then went back again 1 year later, and by then I had weighed my car, and accurately measured the tires diameter, this time I was showing about 5 whp less then a his Mustang dyno.

I am not talking about Surgeline's dyno, or EFIs, which has a different calibration in it now that reads higher.

At 800 feet elevation when IAT are about 70F I get 260 whp out of a COBB stage2 93 octane 06 STI. 225 whp out of a COBB stage2 91 octane 09 WRX (w/ VF52). Both of these are with DAM (IAM) at 1.00 and no timing being pulled at all.

I have done 100s, if not maybe 1000 airboy dynos on many cars, and they read very close to the Mustang dynos I know of which read fairly low.
i know this is old but its funny cus stock WRXs, 09+ on COBBS dyno make that much power :rofl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.