PERRIN FMIC For The 2015+ STI - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
STI Products
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
PERRIN FMIC For The 2015+ STI
Go Back   STI Forums > > > > PERRIN FMIC For The 2015+ STI
Welcome to IWSTI - The world's largest Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum!
Welcome to the IWSTI.com Subaru Impreza WRX STI forum.

You are currently viewing IWSTI.com as a guest, which limits your ability to access discussions, ask technical questions, and learn more about the Subaru Impreza WRX STi models. Join for free today and unlock full access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, share content, and access many other special features. Join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see this welcome message.

Old 09-08-16, 09:01 AM   #1
Perrin_Thomas
Authorized Vendor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 2016 LBP WRX
Fav Mod: PERRIN
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Perrin_Thomas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PERRIN FMIC For The 2015+ STI

swap out your overheated factory top mount intercooler for the PERRIN Front Mount Intercooler to get the most out of your turbocharged STI. Add power and a new bold look all in one.

Now available online

PM Me For IWSTI Discounts
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-08-16, 12:09 PM   #2
Uccracing
Advanced Contributor Level 5

Car: 2016 CWP STI
Fav Mod: Cobb SF Intake with AP
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Uccracing will become famous soon enough
Default Re: PERRIN FMIC For The 2015+ STI

Perrin-

Couple of questions for you!

1. Do you have "install pics" to see the "framework" of the installation layout.
2. How does this affect other components of the bay?
-Air Filter IE: COBB, AEM, ETC
-Does this remove the option for a front tow hook connection? This would eliminate the available option of mounting a license plate, and having a plate in the middle would create less air flow. Thoughts/options?
3. Will you offer an option for T-Bolt Clamps?
4. I don't see it noted that this will require a PRO-TUNE which we all know is required, is that something you should note for those that may not know that?
5. Some people may have bought some of the options or NOT bought some of the options, seems that it would be worth it to offer buyers an option to NOT buy the coolant overflow, or the washer fluid tank if they already bought them before or perhaps have an alternate design in place.
6. If someone doesn't have an aftermarket intake, or the above intakes wont work, what is Perrin's option for adding an intake? I did not see one listed on your site.
7. What about the sound tube? Other kits have a PLUG that is included in the kit, for the hole on the firewall, maybe you could include your rubber plug with this kit?
8. Your site says includes 08-14 pipes and 08-14 FMIC, is it all the same as the 08-14?

I am super excited to see your kit, I was very pleased to see that you offer the tanks needed to make this kit work well and less "other stuff" to get in place. I think due to the other things being included like the coolant overflow tank and washer fluid tank, this removes the need to know what to get and where and justifies that price.

Last edited by Uccracing; 09-08-16 at 12:14 PM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-09-16, 07:23 AM   #3
Perrin_Thomas
Authorized Vendor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uccracing View Post
Perrin-

Couple of questions for you!

1. Do you have "install pics" to see the "framework" of the installation layout.
2. How does this affect other components of the bay?
-Air Filter IE: COBB, AEM, ETC
-Does this remove the option for a front tow hook connection? This would eliminate the available option of mounting a license plate, and having a plate in the middle would create less air flow. Thoughts/options?
3. Will you offer an option for T-Bolt Clamps?
4. I don't see it noted that this will require a PRO-TUNE which we all know is required, is that something you should note for those that may not know that?
5. Some people may have bought some of the options or NOT bought some of the options, seems that it would be worth it to offer buyers an option to NOT buy the coolant overflow, or the washer fluid tank if they already bought them before or perhaps have an alternate design in place.
6. If someone doesn't have an aftermarket intake, or the above intakes wont work, what is Perrin's option for adding an intake? I did not see one listed on your site.
7. What about the sound tube? Other kits have a PLUG that is included in the kit, for the hole on the firewall, maybe you could include your rubber plug with this kit?
8. Your site says includes 08-14 pipes and 08-14 FMIC, is it all the same as the 08-14?

I am super excited to see your kit, I was very pleased to see that you offer the tanks needed to make this kit work well and less "other stuff" to get in place. I think due to the other things being included like the coolant overflow tank and washer fluid tank, this removes the need to know what to get and where and justifies that price.
Hello!

1 yes we do hop over to our website and take a look at the instructions.
2 Our FMIC should work with most intakes but not box intakes, yes it does git rid of the OEM bumper beam, and having the plate in the normal spot will have very little effect on air flow to the core.
3 The new kit does not have a T-bolt option, but i'm sure you could buy the T-bolts separate.
4 No FMIC do not require a pro tune, the FMIC is not like a a intake system where it can throw off the MAF sensor. A PRO-TUNE can get you more more power but does not require a tune.
5 you can only buy the kit complete, but i'm sure if you called in we can make you a better deal.
6 you would just buy our intake separate from the kit.
7 we provide the sound plug with our intake, and you have to have a aftermarket intake to run the FMIC, and most after-market intakes come with that plug.
8 its not the same pipes just the same design and material, we use the same core for 2002+

Old 09-09-16, 07:48 AM   #4
Uccracing

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Thanks for the Info! Glad to see some detailed responses, for questions that myself and others would ask! Love the kit! Will be buying one in the Spring for sure! Thanks for the PM as well!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-10-16, 01:48 PM   #5
BLKSTI16
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: Cobb Accessport V3
My Subaru Parts for sale

BLKSTI16 has a spectacular aura aboutBLKSTI16 has a spectacular aura about

Very Interested in this product. During the design process why did you guys feel the need to relocate the washer and coolant tanks? Competitors were able to create 2015+ kits while still retaining the Factory washer and Coolant tanks.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-12-16, 07:34 AM   #6
Uccracing

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKSTI16 View Post
Very Interested in this product. During the design process why did you guys feel the need to relocate the washer and coolant tanks? Competitors were able to create 2015+ kits while still retaining the Factory washer and Coolant tanks.
I am super excited that they did this, as it is included in the purchase, I am always up to relocate that junk with nice parts!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-12-16, 08:37 AM   #7
BLKSTI16
Advanced Mastery Level I
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: Cobb Accessport V3
My Subaru Parts for sale

BLKSTI16 has a spectacular aura aboutBLKSTI16 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I am super excited that they did this, as it is included in the purchase, I am always up to relocate that junk with nice parts!
Me too but unless there is a performance benefit I don't see the need to add unnecessary install time and modification of parts. Do the new washer and coolant tanks bolt right in or do I need to start getting creative would be my next question?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-12-16, 11:03 AM   #8
Uccracing

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
Me too but unless there is a performance benefit I don't see the need to add unnecessary install time and modification of parts. Do the new washer and coolant tanks bolt right in or do I need to start getting creative would be my next question?
I love both performance and a way to clean up the engine bay. I feel that these items accomplish both! In review of their install, it is all bolt on stuff, and will take 4 hours or so to complete the install. From reading and seeing pics of install, this looks to be a very easy install!!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-13-16, 08:41 AM   #9
Perrin_Thomas
Authorized Vendor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
No performance benefits, the coolant tank has all ways been in our FMIC kits for all cars, bolts right up!

The washer fluid tank is a little bit more work but to run our boost tubes you have to have our tank because the oem one gets in the way, and we did not want the boost tubes to rattle up against the tanks

Plus we thought it would be cool to have!

Last edited by Perrin_Thomas; 09-13-16 at 08:59 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 09-13-16, 08:42 AM   #10
Perrin_Thomas
Authorized Vendor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Quote:
I love both performance and a way to clean up the engine bay. I feel that these items accomplish both! In review of their install, it is all bolt on stuff, and will take 4 hours or so to complete the install. From reading and seeing pics of install, this looks to be a very easy install!!

thank you!

yes it does clean up the engine bay a little more!