NEW > Redesigned Equal Length Headers - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
NEW > Redesigned Equal Length Headers
NEW > Redesigned Equal Length Headers
Go Back   STI Forums > > > > NEW > Redesigned Equal Length Headers

Old 02-02-16, 10:18 AM   #1
Perrin_Thomas
Authorized Vendor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 2016 LBP WRX
Fav Mod: PERRIN
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Perrin_Thomas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEW > Redesigned Equal Length Headers

E4-Series Equal Length Headers

Completely Redesigned - What's new

The new PERRIN E4-Series Equal Length Header comes with collectors that have been designed for better exhaust flow while allowing the headers to be constructed much more accurately. The improved exhaust flow and more precise construction increases power and reliability. The new E4-Series also has a low-profile design, allowing for lots of ground clearance.

Equal Length Design

The equal length design of the PERRIN E4-Series Header produces smooth, balanced exhaust flow from the heads to the turbocharger giving you the best of two worlds: quicker turbo response as well as more horsepower and torque throughout the entire RPM band. While designed to fit to the factory up-pipe, our header will also mate with an aftermarket up-pipe that fits factory header and turbo, as well as any rotated turbo kits compatible with the factory header.

In Stock and Shipping Now!

E4-Series and E4-Series Big-Tube

PM Me for a great deal!

Last edited by Perrin_Thomas; 02-12-16 at 11:55 AM.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-16, 10:00 PM   #2
CSC
Contributor

Car: 14 PBP WRX STi GRB
Fav Mod: Misfire Motorsports
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

CSC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEW > Redesigned Equal Lenth Headers

They look sexy. Wonder how they sound...
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-03-16, 03:25 AM   #3
Bluefinn
Platinum Member

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Bluefinn will become famous soon enough

@Thomas: do they really make a TBE quieter? I've heard the opposite, that ELH can actually make the car louder.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-16, 06:42 AM   #4
nomejoda
Becoming A Contributor

Car: White 14 STI
Fav Mod: Coming Soon
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

nomejoda is an unknown quantity at this point

Any comparison to your original EL Header system?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-03-16, 09:51 AM   #5
Perrin_Thomas
Authorized Vendor

Car: 2016 LBP WRX
Fav Mod: PERRIN
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Perrin_Thomas is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSC View Post
They look sexy. Wonder how they sound...
The sound is going to be very! close to the old style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefinn View Post
@Thomas: do they really make a TBE quieter? I've heard the opposite, that ELH can actually make the car louder.
It really depends on whats all done to the car in my opinion, just normal driving they are quieter because it gets rid of the boxer sound, but yeah! it can be louder when you get on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomejoda View Post
Very much the same,just the collectors have been designed for better exhaust flow while allowing the headers to be constructed much more accurately.

Old 02-07-16, 07:25 PM   #6
pocketdrummer
Silver Member

Car: WRB '05 STI
Fav Mod: IAG AOS
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

pocketdrummer is on a distinguished road

With respect to Perrin, how do you guys justify the cost of these headers over alternatives costing $100-$200 less? Another $300 gets you a set of 321 stainless headers.

I see wrapping voids the warranty, and there's isn't a lifetime warranty for cracking. I'm just trying to see what the extra expense gets you.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 02-07-16, 07:34 PM   #7
yamahaSHO
BROtuner
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Car: 2005 WRB
Fav Mod: Equal Length Header
My Subaru Parts for sale

yamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud ofyamahaSHO has much to be proud of

My Invidia made my exhaust quieter and took away the drone (same with a WRX I put one on). IMHO, the previous Perrin header didn't sound as smooth as my Invidia. A buddy who bought a car that already had the old Perrin header installed had driven up to a meet and I couldn't really tell it was an ELH, so I hope this new one doesn't sound like that.

Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-08-16, 02:58 AM   #8
Bluefinn
Platinum Member

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Bluefinn will become famous soon enough

+1 for this. Tomei's 304 ELH comes with heat wrap, hose clamps, the whole 9 yards

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketdrummer View Post
With respect to Perrin, how do you guys justify the cost of these headers over alternatives costing $100-$200 less? Another $300 gets you a set of 321 stainless headers.

I see wrapping voids the warranty, and there's isn't a lifetime warranty for cracking. I'm just trying to see what the extra expense gets you.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 02-08-16, 07:02 AM   #9
praha-sti
Gold Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Fav Mod: Baby daughter ... :-)
My Subaru Parts for sale

praha-sti is on a distinguished road

+1 I have the original Big Tube badboys on my current build -- any good science on the latest version vs. the last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomejoda View Post

Old 02-08-16, 02:16 PM   #10
PERRIN_Chris
Authorized Vendor

Car: 2014 Subaru BRZ
Fav Mod: RWD
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

PERRIN_Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketdrummer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefinn View Post
+1 for this. Tomei's 304 ELH comes with heat wrap, hose clamps, the whole 9 yards
The PERRIN headers are more than some of the competition for a few reasons, one big reason is that ours are 100% made in the US. For that reason alone, they are going to be more expensive than some of the competition. We could easily have our header made overseas, but we feel strongly about having it built in the US.

Our header does have a 5 year warranty, of all the headers that weíve sold over the years, Iíve only seen a handful that have ever cracked, the ones that I did see were from 100% race cars!

Advantages of our header is that is has thick CNC counter bored flanges, these flanges are thick so they donít warp, and are stronger than cast.

Our header is also hand finished on the inside to make for a smoother exhaust flow to the flanges. They are checked numerous times by different people for quality control to make sure every part fits our standards, they are even test fitted on a spare engine that we have before they are boxed!

I would say another benefit of ours is that it uses the stock style up pipe flange. This way, the customer has the freedom to use whatever up pipe they choose, and upgrade to a rotated turbo kit later on. We havenít seen an advantage of ever changing this flange from factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post
My Invidia made my exhaust quieter and took away the drone (same with a WRX I put one on). IMHO, the previous Perrin header didn't sound as smooth as my Invidia. A buddy who bought a car that already had the old Perrin header installed had driven up to a meet and I couldn't really tell it was an ELH, so I hope this new one doesn't sound like that.
Iíve personally ran the PERRIN equal length on my 06 STI back in the day, and it make a big difference in sound compared to stock. Even with our rotated kit that was catless, and with our catback, it wasnít that loud with our header. I almost wanted it to be louder! I would say that I could easily tell the difference between the sound of our header compared to stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praha-sti View Post
+1 I have the original Big Tube badboys on my current build -- any good science on the latest version vs. the last?
The newer header does have smoother collectors, and larger pipes after the collectors for a little better flow, but if you already have our big tube header, and a dyno tune for it, Iíd just continue using what you have.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement