NEW > Redesigned Equal Length Headers - Page 3 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
STI Forum
Join
Start New Thread Create Account Advertise FAQ Members List Contact
NEW > Redesigned Equal Length Headers
NEW > Redesigned Equal Length Headers
Go Back   STI Forums > > > > NEW > Redesigned Equal Length Headers

Old 02-23-16, 09:49 AM   #21
PERRIN_Chris
Authorized Vendor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Car: 2014 Subaru BRZ
Fav Mod: RWD
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

PERRIN_Chris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEW > Redesigned Equal Length Headers

OK cool, thanks either way!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-29-16, 01:01 PM   #22
joewrx628
Becoming An Advanced Contributor

Car: 11 STI
Fav Mod: Work Emotion Cr Kai
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

joewrx628 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ordered a set. When its installed ill throw a video as my power estimates. Ill most likely just have my tuner road tune the header instead of a full dyno tune.

Mods are id1000, aem cai, ebcs, catless downpipe, ewg, up pipe, greddy evo gt catback
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 03-01-16, 07:15 AM   #23
PERRIN_Chris
Authorized Vendor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Awesome, I'm sure you're going to love it!
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-16, 01:08 PM   #24
racinJason
Advanced Contributor Level 1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Car: Silver, 2015 STI
Fav Mod: EL Header
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

racinJason is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewrx628 View Post
Ordered a set. When its installed ill throw a video as my power estimates. Ill most likely just have my tuner road tune the header instead of a full dyno tune.

Mods are id1000, aem cai, ebcs, catless downpipe, ewg, up pipe, greddy evo gt catback

I've been rocking one for the past month. Install was pretty straight forward and no real issues. Don't forget a new gasket set. I had the black WRX oil filter (bigger diameter). It cleared but BARELY. I've since changed it out a STI filter.

I had plans to measure the runner lengths prior to install, but the new part excitement bug bit and I forgot. I'll try to do so the next time I'm under the car.

In regards to power; I'm finishing up my etune now. I can't qualify the power gains, but its a lot more fun to drive (running max of 18.5 psi with stock dp and air box on 93). But I didn't really buy it for the power. My goal was to get a ELH to merely remove the UEL header. I considered this and Killer B 2-bolt. I really was torn between the two and could have gone either way. But I couldn't find a 2-bolt in-stock and felt it was a bit overkill for my needs (only power mod I plan on doing).

Coasting in gear or engine braking is a smoother than stock. Not sure if that is from the tune or the header. My car also is smoother at idle (stick shift vibration is reduced) but again not sure if that is the header or the tune.

In regards to sound; I love how it sounds (can't compare to much other than stock). It sounds more efficient, hear every cylinder now, but not wimpy either. I don't hear the rumble anymore; WHOOPEE!. I now just hear the engine at highway speed (even with sound tube deleted) and not the exhaust (sound proofed the rear deck, tire well, and under the cargo tray). At warm idle I hear the exhaust just a bit (deep sound still) but cold start is louder than stock (can really hear the air pump kick off). I like the sound the most when accelerating in the mid range. Plan on sprucing things up a bit with a cat back sometime soon, just don't know which one yet.

I have a dB meter and will post some readings if I remember later this week. I don't have any means to take a video other than a crappy smart phone.
Likes 1 Dislikes 0

Old 03-07-16, 10:31 AM   #25
PERRIN_Chris
Authorized Vendor

My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Thanks for the review RacinJason! Glad to hear you're enjoying the header.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-12-16, 07:57 PM   #26
lowbee
Contributor

Car: DGM 11 STi hatchback
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

lowbee is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrin_Thomas View Post
......The new E4-Series also has a low-profile design, allowing for lots of ground clearance.......
The "new & improved" low-profile design actually worries me a little. I have the Perrin oil sandwich adapter for oil temp & pressure sensors, is the new E4 low-profile header going to provide enough clearance for the oil sandwich adapter ?

I also notice the dyno graphs on the Perrin website for this headers are from a few years ago so they must not be data collected using the latest E4 version. I know you said the performance is similar to the older generation, but seeing is believing so are you going to show some dyno charts for the E4 series ?
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-13-16, 01:22 PM   #27
Perrin_Thomas
Authorized Vendor

Car: 2016 LBP WRX
Fav Mod: PERRIN
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Perrin_Thomas is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbee View Post
The "new & improved" low-profile design actually worries me a little. I have the Perrin oil sandwich adapter for oil temp & pressure sensors, is the new E4 low-profile header going to provide enough clearance for the oil sandwich adapter ?

I also notice the dyno graphs on the Perrin website for this headers are from a few years ago so they must not be data collected using the latest E4 version. I know you said the performance is similar to the older generation, but seeing is believing so are you going to show some dyno charts for the E4 series ?

So you should have no issues with the oil sandwich adapter the design did not change on how it would effect that.

Now the biggest difference is with collectors that have been designed for better exhaust flow while allowing the headers to be constructed much more accurately. We might have a new dyno graph up sometime but not sure when, really there was not much of an increase of HP just smother exhaust flows, so no need for a new dyno graph.

Old 12-13-16, 03:55 PM   #28
lowbee
Contributor

Car: DGM 11 STi hatchback
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

lowbee is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrin_Thomas View Post
.....really there was not much of an increase of HP just smother exhaust flows, so no need for a new dyno graph.
I am more concern about whether the E4 will spool quicker or slower than the older version, not too worry about peak HP.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-13-16, 07:32 PM   #29
Volkerball
Joined the Conversation

Car: Blue 2016 Subaru STi
Fav Mod: ETS anything
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Volkerball is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinJason View Post
I've been rocking one for the past month. Install was pretty straight forward and no real issues. Don't forget a new gasket set. I had the black WRX oil filter (bigger diameter). It cleared but BARELY. I've since changed it out a STI filter.

I had plans to measure the runner lengths prior to install, but the new part excitement bug bit and I forgot. I'll try to do so the next time I'm under the car.

In regards to power; I'm finishing up my etune now. I can't qualify the power gains, but its a lot more fun to drive (running max of 18.5 psi with stock dp and air box on 93). But I didn't really buy it for the power. My goal was to get a ELH to merely remove the UEL header. I considered this and Killer B 2-bolt. I really was torn between the two and could have gone either way. But I couldn't find a 2-bolt in-stock and felt it was a bit overkill for my needs (only power mod I plan on doing).

Coasting in gear or engine braking is a smoother than stock. Not sure if that is from the tune or the header. My car also is smoother at idle (stick shift vibration is reduced) but again not sure if that is the header or the tune.

In regards to sound; I love how it sounds (can't compare to much other than stock). It sounds more efficient, hear every cylinder now, but not wimpy either. I don't hear the rumble anymore; WHOOPEE!. I now just hear the engine at highway speed (even with sound tube deleted) and not the exhaust (sound proofed the rear deck, tire well, and under the cargo tray). At warm idle I hear the exhaust just a bit (deep sound still) but cold start is louder than stock (can really hear the air pump kick off). I like the sound the most when accelerating in the mid range. Plan on sprucing things up a bit with a cat back sometime soon, just don't know which one yet.

I have a dB meter and will post some readings if I remember later this week. I don't have any means to take a video other than a crappy smart phone.
Go Ets extreme w no mufflers and no resonators. You will love it if you like it loud.
Likes 0 Dislikes 0

Old 12-14-16, 09:57 AM   #30
Perrin_Thomas
Authorized Vendor

Car: 2016 LBP WRX
Fav Mod: PERRIN
My Threads
My Subaru Parts for sale

Perrin_Thomas is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbee View Post
I am more concern about whether the E4 will spool quicker or slower than the older version, not too worry about peak HP.
Just the over all design you can see the new header has straighter lines there for smother exhaust flow.

We have changed the design 4 times scene 2003/2004, each time improving exhaust flow,HP and material used. We would never make slower spooling header, that would be going backwards as a company.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement