Metric ton of Bushings Group N and Superpro bushings all over the car
21mm Front and Rear STi S204/ RA-R Sway bars
Feal Revalve struts
Swift Spec R springs
Whiteline Com C front tophats
Group N rear tophats

The Story of how Peasant Wagon came to be

WARNING

FEEL TRIP AND STORY AHEAD , SKIP FOR EJ207 AND WAGON CONTENT.

I can really blame my father for all this , When I was 19/20 he got a 2003 Wrx with a salvage title. Little did we know the car was a hack job but at the time it was fun.

It looks nice , But it got T boned hard on the drivers side and the frame rails showed it. It was rebuilt by a shady shop somewhere in Macomb , Michigan. Michigan people will know exactly who I am talking about.

Abused car for most of its life and you end with this. My friend Sean and I were taking it up to Michigan State to visit his girlfriend and her friends. I rolled onto boost in second gear and hear a horrible noise. Stupid me thought it was an oil line when we really threw a rod right out of the case halves and it made a nice hole under the intercooler.

We were done with that car , My father worked out a deal with 31 Motorsports for a car he picked up with a clean title and it just needed a new motor. He built us a motor and we were on our way with Rally Car 2.0. That motor is still running great today after 65,000 miles, Transmission just got rebuilt after 170,000 miles and one Regional RallyX championship.

We did TSD Rally with it and once bounced it off a tree then used two jacks to position the damaged control arm in a place where we could get a spare wheel on it. Then my father drove that car home 250 miles while I passed out in the back seat to keep weight off the front end ( I love you dad ).

Then it got rallied some more, My brother is a much better driver than my father or myself. He won a regional RallyX championship with a stock Wrx in Prepared class with just K Sport Gravel coilovers , Hawk Pads and Hankook Rally tires

After all those adventures I bought a blown up 2005 CGM STi , I loved the car but I was a stupid 21 year old idiot at the time. I did not realize how expensive these cars would be and my dreams of building a fast STi did not ever happen. I sold the car because I realized how dumb it was to be then 22 and paying $2200 a year for insurance along with a car payment as well.

I loved the car , It was an absolute blast to drive.

Rebuilt EJ257 with CP Pistons and Manley rods
VF39
RCE Tarmac 2 Coilovers
Direzza Star Specs

I learned how to tow the car driving back to Michigan from Peoria !

Also you see a subaru in its natural environment !

My brother always is there to tell me things I am doing are dumb or that he hates car kids.

He is one of the best drivers I know and has won a Regional RallyX championship with a basically stock 2002 Wrx and Rally tires.

Winter Mode

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: STi Wagon Weekend Race Car , Function > Form

Most up to date information will be found here !

Tuned Detroit | Automotive Adventures in the Motor City

Parts to Buy List For the Near future

- Version 8 STi Longblock
- Version 7 STi Wagon Fenders
- Version 7 STi Wagon Wing
- Version 7 STi Wagon Front and Rear Seats
- Version 7 STi Projector Headlights
- STi Genome Water Temp , Oil Temp and Oil Pressure 60mm Gauges
- S203/S204 Shift Knob
- Cusco chassis braces , ALL OF THEM

Future Desired Items

- KW V3 Coilovers
- 17X9 Gold TE37 wheels
- Burn Up Wagon WRC Bumper
- Built Version 8 STi head
- Tomei Poncam's
- TD06 20g / Garret 3071
- ID1000's

Summary of My Ownership
So this wagon used to be owned by a small Japanese surgeon from Cincinnati then was briefly owned by a couple in Columbus and is now enjoying its new life in Michigan.

For random subaru posts and cat pictures follow my instagram @dasgigs

Spring 2013

2003 Subaru Wrx Wagon v1.0 ( Monster Truck Edition )
Stock EJ205 with 107k miles on it and no problems
Cobb Catted downpipe
Cobb AP with Turn In Concepts tune
All suspension Bushings Replaced at Turn in Concepts
Koni Adjustable Struts
20% Window Tint
20/22mm Whiteline Sway Bars

Summer 2013

I installed the following as of Fall 2013

Prodrive front Grille
Greddy TI-C Catback
2004 STi BBS Wheels
225/45/17 Continental DW's
STi Genome Boost gauge and Controller
Aem Wideband

The car handles fantastic when set up correctly but still has a bit of under steer , I will be working on fixing that in the near future.

Now the fun parts began to come flowing in during Winter / Spring 2014

Everything is starting to come together as this was delivered today !

I wrote a full write up on my blog that goes into more detail here
How to Overnight Parts from Japan the Right Way ! | Tuned Detroit

#8 ·

Came in third out of five in SSM

Was a good day overall and the car performed great. My friend was also there with his Version 4 STi swapped GC

I will have a video up later this week !

#22 ·

I had a fun morning

Officer Buzzkillington of the Center Line Police department pulled me over this morning because i rolled though a yellow light. He then told me that a yellow light means I am legally required to stop , Which is false as it just means that you are supposed to slow down and use caution. It was in a 45 mph zone and locking up my brakes would have been dangerous for whoever was behind me due to them most likely not having brembos and RE11s to slow them down.

He wrote me up for running a red light so we have a court date coming up , Also said I was flying away from him.... so apparently 4800rpm in second gear on V7 Spec C RA six speed is flying away from him at around 40mph.

Another wonderful case of Michigan Police efficiency

#31 ·

Very interesting journal you have so far, I'm looking to swap a six speed in my car soon as well. Will be checking back on this often.
It all bolts right in , Subaru's are much like legos.

I would suggest doing it all at the same time though , Bolting in a complete rear subframe is so much easier.

Also be prepared for rust if you live in an area that uses salt.

Looking good! Gold on Blue rocks.

Thanks !

Its a great color combo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.